A's @ Dbacks Series

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would like to thank the DBacks for saving me a lot of time this summer. There is no longer a reason to watch - for me - but I will check back after the AS game. Way to go, team! You have turned a fun game into drudgery.

7-0 A's in the 4th. And it is not that close. Even Webb is now terrible, there is no escape.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in game 1, it looks like they didn't even bother to scout the A's. I know they did, so it looks like the players paid no attention to the reports.

Thank god the Dbacks are in the NL West and have time to get it right again.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cox just went out on me. Switched to updates online. 8-0 right now. Have no idea what happened after 4-0.

Brandon Webb has something wrong with him, I'm convinced. The rest of the team just doesn't seem to care.

How soon before Melvin is axed? No idea if that will help but surely somebody will be the scapegoat and the manager usually is the one to lose his job.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
15-1 A's win...Duke pitched well tonight and even lowering his ERA to 2.08 for the season. I havent really watched the D-Backs so I dont know too much about them but I know Webb didnt pitch like he shouldve. We were just being patient at the plate all night and we dont usually hit HR's let alone 6 of them...

Very excited to see Haren pitch against us tomorrow vs Blanton

OP
OP
ArizonaSportsFan

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The team doesn't such fickle fans anyways.
Guess not. Unfortunately, most fans are, which is why attendance is poor and will get poorer. It is what it is. Why sit in the heat to watch poor play and attitude? Why spend money on that which is not satisfying? Sure, an outing to the park every once in a while is cool despite the team. But that grows old quickly. I will continue to follow the team through the boxscores because I do care about the team - but it is a waste of time right now to actually watch a "game". This is my opinion alone. I can see that you think that such fans are fickle and that everyone should make time to watch this team. So be it.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Not your opinion alone. I've been a partial season ticket-holder for seven years, have planned vacations around road trips, painted one wall purple. Go ahead -- call me a fickle fan.

Under Melvin, this team has sucked at 'fundamentals' it has shown a low-energy game and often with very little sense (to the observer) that the guys are enjoying themselves. The players are encouraged to 'be aggressive' at the plate, leading to development of bad habits. Positions in the line-up and on the field are obviously subject to Melvin's personal favoritism.

Do I want to waste five hours -- drive to game, sit through game-drive home -- plus $20-odd bucks for gas and parking on top of the money spent for the tickets to watch this team the way they're playing right now? No, I don't. I have no desire to watch on TV -- it's on in the background while I do other stuff.

It's quite true the DBacks always go through ghastly, ugly slumps, often several times a season. They almost always have done that. But under Melvin, even when they're playing well, they aren't really an enjoyable team to watch.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please play a solid game tonight vs the A's and get the win. Lets hope the offense can score more then one run this game which has been the avg latly..... But we defintally need to go on a winning streak soon because the other teams in our divison are starting to win now especially the dodgers.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see that you think that such fans are fickle and that everyone should make time to watch this team. So be it.
What's the phrase? Its always the rats that are first to jump ship? Nobody should be forced to watch games against their will or any other nonsense which you seem to be putting into my mouth, but there is a special term for the type of so-called fans that bail on their team at the first signs of trouble...

There is a significant difference between finding it more difficult to pay attention to a team that's losing, and the extreme case of being one of those types who comes out of the woodwork to take every opportunity to bash the team when they're in a rut (or worse yet, those that seem to bask in the losing). Seriously, where were some of these people two months or so ago? It was pretty much widely predicted that this would be a rollercoaster kind of season given the team's youth, yet people seem to be shocked and horrified now that the team has hit its first low and are already giving up. Its as if nobody has learned a thing from last season.

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Diamondbacks score five runs in the first to take a 5-0 lead. Nice to see them score early again. Tracy and Young with the big hits.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dbacks kicking ass tonight!! Thats what im talking about!!!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it. And as far as fans jumping ship, the crowds have amazingly big recently, even for poor teams.

Bring on tomorrow's game. Early telecast. Like that too.

OP
OP
ArizonaSportsFan

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What's the phrase? Its always the rats that are first to jump ship? Nobody should be forced to watch games against their will or any other nonsense which you seem to be putting into my mouth, but there is a special term for the type of so-called fans that bail on their team at the first signs of trouble...

There is a significant difference between finding it more difficult to pay attention to a team that's losing, and the extreme case of being one of those types who comes out of the woodwork to take every opportunity to bash the team when they're in a rut (or worse yet, those that seem to bask in the losing). Seriously, where were some of these people two months or so ago? It was pretty much widely predicted that this would be a rollercoaster kind of season given the team's youth, yet people seem to be shocked and horrified now that the team has hit its first low and are already giving up. Its as if nobody has learned a thing from last season.
Talk about putting words in one's mouth....

And a poor May and June is hardly signifies the team's "first low".

I see that the team played well tonight. Good for them and for those who took in the game! Good luck to the team tomorrow - from this "rat". :rolleyes:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Loved it. And as far as fans jumping ship, the crowds have amazingly big recently, even for poor teams.

Bring on tomorrow's game. Early telecast. Like that too.

Marquee teams coming in and with kids on summer break and the basketball season over, its no surprise.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
great win by the dbacks yesterday Harden pitched a very nice game, maybe this game will wake the offense up and get them going yesterday was very fun to watch :) BEAT A'S TOMMOROW DBACKS

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Doug Davis gives up 1 run and gets a no decision.

Back to normal, I guess. The 11 runs must have been a tease.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nice hr by upton to give the dbacks a 2-1 run lead hopefully the bullpen can hang on today, but man doug davis deserved this win he pitched a great game but the offense yet again couldn't get any run support for him :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dbacks win the game 2-1 and take the series to bad the dodgers won today though :(, but still doug davis pitched a great game and he deserved the win but got a no decision, the offense was still pretty quiet but a clutch hr by Upton to seal the deal for the dbacks. Would like for the offense to wake up a little bit more we have some hard games coming up vs Boston etc.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last two wins were a nice way to finish the homestand. Everyone contributed, offense, starters and releivers.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 6th inning was scary. Doug Davis was losing control fast. Wonderful performance by him.

Won the series against a good team. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05