ASFN: Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've never heard of Watford before, but I'm happy to get some more O-line help. We're actually stockpiling some decent young talent there.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a luxury pick from the trade yesterday. We still got our man then and turned it into this guy and another 6th rounder. I have no problem with them taking a unknown with a pick like that.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1692095/earl-watford

STRENGTHS: Possesses a lean, athletic frame. Good overall athleticism. Light on his feet and possesses good flexibility and body control. Good quickness off the snap and has the ability to adjust in space to moving targets, making him an ideal candidate for zone-blocking schemes. Bends his knees and generally plays with good leverage. Has the arm length (33 3/4 inches) and mobility to warrant a look at offensive tackle. Demonstrated better strength than expected during practices at the East-West Shrine Game, holding up well despite the jump in competition. Competitive. Doesn't back down from a challenge.

WEAKNESSES: Dominated lower level competition but relies more on technique, toughness and tenacity rather than brute strength. Can get pushed back into the pocket, especially when his pad level rises. Shows good -- but not great -- ability to adjust to defenders at the second level -- and that was versus CAA competition. Sometimes is too willing to prove his competitiveness and will play through the whistle, potentially earning flags at the next level.

COMPARES TO: Chris Chester, OG, Washington Redskins -- Like the former Oklahoma product, Watford projects best in a zone-blocking scheme due to his athleticism. Given time to acclimate to the jump in competition, he could emerge as a legitimate starter.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not system fit. They are looking for athletic interior lineman. My guess is that they wanted Schwenke, but when he was gone they decided to trade back because Jones isn't very athletic and doesn't fit what they are looking for. Watford does fit what they are looking for.

I'm liking what I am reading about Watford. Good student, good guy and a good football player. He only surrendered one sack his senior year.

If the only big knock against him is that he played in a small school, then that's fine by me.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
I guess our expert analysis of cardinals pick consists of a 1-liner from Mayock.

Anyone watching Espn coverage?

MWOOD92

All Star
Reaction score
Wishlist:

5 - Jesse Williams DT, Alabama
6 - Quanterus Smith OLB, W. Kentucky
6 - Knile Davis RB, Arkansas
7 - Michael Williams TE, Alabama

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wishlist:

5 - Jesse Williams DT, Alabama
6 - Quanterus Smith OLB, W. Kentucky
6 - Knile Davis RB, Arkansas
7 - Michael Williams TE, Alabama

Quanterus Smith OLB, W. Kentucky, if healed from injury, steal of a pass rusher...had three sacks against the vaunted Bama line

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It doesnt matter what happens from here on out.

Cooper
Minter
Tyrann
Okafor make an outstanding draft

Watford is a slight reach, but hes a Olineman. Thats all that matters (hes a LG also.....writing on the wall for Snydege)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN giving Watford some love. Maybe a starter in year two. Has the quick feet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Jonathan Franklin. The Packers took him.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
It doesnt matter what happens from here on out.

Watford is a slight reach, but hes a Olineman. Thats all that matters (hes a LG also.....writing on the wall for Snydege)

Isn't the Bird Coop Going to play the LG spot?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For sure. Ryan Swope? There will be RB's too who will stick in the NFL.

Swope is a good call too. At this point, I can't think of any RBs I like, but that's a lack of familiarity, not talent. I'd love Lattimore if not for the general health of our backs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
How about Lattimore in the 5th?

Or OT Aboushi or Fragel, 2 of the higher rated overall players on the board according to nfl.com

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get rid of compensatory picks. It is too ambiguous for my liking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05