At San Diego series thread

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shea walks and Bautista hits a weak grounder towards Nevin, throw to 2nd is late...bases loaded for Estalella.

Hit here really opens the floodgates.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would like to see Sparks and his 10+ ERA close down SD early and not give anything back. It looks a bit like the Dbacks hitters are going to have Eaton's number today.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SD starting to exploit Gonzo's arm a little more. This is going to start getting uglier.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks are up 3-2 and Koplove is relieving Sparks. Gotta give credit to Sparks. He pitched very well and got himself out of some tough situations.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I missed it - why was Sparks pitching instead of Elmer? I mean, it can't just be good sense on BB's part.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Koplove throws one pitch and gets out of the inning. Then Estalela crushes a solo shot to deep left.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
I missed it - why was Sparks pitching instead of Elmer? I mean, it can't just be good sense on BB's part.

Elmer pitched on Wednesday, it is not his turn in the rotation. By the way, Finley is hitless again going 0-4 so far. He is hitting under 170 now. I wonder how long Brenley can afford to keep him in? It's not like Steve is getting any younger.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AZZenny said:

Because Elmer pitched on Wednesday so he would not have had enough rest to pitch today...Sparks was passed on his last start due to off day. BB's didn't have to decide, the decision was made for him :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D'backs have been playing American League style ball lately...living off the home run. That is fine as far as I'm concerned...we need wins

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Geeze Mantei, why don't you just gift wrap the game for them

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will suck bigtime if they lose this one.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just told my roommate "Oh my god please dont let Mantei give up a homer."

:rolleyes:

This freaking blows!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
F*&@#$!!! This sucks. If the Dodgers hold on today the Diamondbacks will be 5 games out.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This season has just had a bad feeling to it from the beginning. This could be a long summer....

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Seems like if it isn't one thing it is another with this team. Wasted outing by Sparks. This was one they should have captured. Maybe the off day will help them regroup then it is Milwaukee. Scary that the Brewers have a better record than the Dbacks. Sure hope the ex-Dbacks don't decide they need to show the Dbacks what they gave up this series. LOL

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
It's going to be a long, long hot summer....After last night Mantei may just start complaining his fingers hurt...a positive if they decide to rest him 5 weeks....

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
By the way, Finley is hitless again going 0-4 so far. He is hitting under .170 now. I wonder how long Brenley can afford to keep him in? It's not like Steve is getting any younger.
The frustrating thing about Steve is that it seems to be a question of attitude rather than skills.

Late last season, when he was moved to leadoff, Fins seemed to embrace the leadoff role (which is where he began his career). He hit in the .390's batting leadoff.

This season, he is back to his bad habit of trying to hit almost everything into the air. In Saturday's game, he flied out three times in his first three at-bats. 'Walked the fourth time when the pitcher went to his mouth without walking off the mound.

A leadoff hitter (preceeding the HR power of Gonzo and Sexson - after Alomar) trying to out-homer them just doesn't help the team get something going.

It's the same kind of performance that constantly got Tony Womack demoted to 8th in the lineup.

Djaughe

Reaction score
thirty-two said:
This freaking blows!
lol...I gotta curse like that! My 3-yr old boy heard me cussing. Needless to say he's walking around saying f^$#ing Mantai...I can't wait for him to go to preschool today!

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
lol...I gotta curse like that! My 3-yr old boy heard me cussing. Needless to say he's walking around saying f^$#ing Mantai...I can't wait for him to go to preschool today!

My wife and kids are already immune to my bouts of D'Back profanity - as soon as I found out what happened with f-ing Mantei yesterday, I let out some choice words, and the next thing I heard was: "What happened to your D'Backs now??"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05