Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Hawks lost 99-89 to the Celtics today. The Celtics starters didn't play in the 4th quarter but their bench limited the Hawks to 5/21 field goals in the 4th and outscored them 25-15.

Unfortunately the Pacers lost 107-103 to the Bobcats at home. This makes the Hawks magic number for clinching a playoff spot 1.

The Pacers play at Washington on monday and at home against the Knicks on wednesday. The Hawks play at home against Orlando on tuesday and at the Heat on wednesday.

It's pretty sad, frustrating that the Hawks are gonna make the playoff despite not even winning 40 games in a mediocre/crappy Eastern conference. :(

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
If ATL loses out and Indy wins out they tie, and Indy holds the tiebreaker I believe.

Yes, it's come down to 1 chance.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If Indy would have won today I think they would have been playoff bound, with them losing I think the Hawks back in. I think Indy will go 2-0 but the Hawks will go 1-1.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
I know it "screws" our draft (just a little bit realistically), but I'd rather see Atlanta in the playoffs than Indiana. I just personally despise that team, and would hate to see them have even a bit of success.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I dont know whats more insulting, that youd prefer our draft pick drop lower, or that you actually have an opinion on the bottom feeders of the eastern conference.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
The pick won't drop much whether the Hawks make the playoffs or enter the lottery. The chances of their ping pong balls being selected are very slim, so it's just one spot worse.

I have my reasons for disliking the Pacers organization. Whether they are good or bad, I can still dislike them.

I love the video in your sig. Great song.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The pick won't drop much whether the Hawks make the playoffs or enter the lottery. The chances of their ping pong balls being selected are very slim, so it's just one spot worse.

I thought it's the difference between #15 and #12 (or #11 in unlikely case).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is, and I think those 3 spots are more significant than many think.

agreed. i can't beleive that crap-ass team made the playoffs. i swear, if the suns didn't have bad luck they'd have no luck at all. not that they make much of their luck these days with bad trade decisions and selling of draft picks . . .

still, this is a really important draft pick. if they trade it, it has to be part of a package that nets us a YOUNG good player with upside. if they use it, it has to be a very impactful player to play alongside amare after our oldies (shaq, nash, hill, raja) retire.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
^ They haven't made the playoffs yet, though with Indiana down 16 with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd in Washington, the door is all but closed on the Pacers' chances.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is official. The Phoenix Suns will have the 15th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And atlanta officially wins the joe johnson deal (largely due to boris only playing about 25% of the time).

Sucks big time, I still think we can get a decent player at 15.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
And atlanta officially wins the joe johnson deal (largely due to boris only playing about 25% of the time).

Sucks big time, I still think we can get a decent cash considerations at 15.

Robert Sarver asked me to fix your post. :wave:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And atlanta officially wins the joe johnson deal
How so? JJ did not want to play here. We could have just as well lost him without any compensation. This was never a trade that was supposed to have returned equal value.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what are the odds that the pick is sold?

I mean, you HAVE to use that pick, right?

HooverDam

Reaction score
So what are the odds that the pick is sold?

I mean, you HAVE to use that pick, right?

I will die laughing if the Suns sell the pick. They HAVE to know that Hill, Shaq and Nash are almost done, the rebuilding at those three positions has to start sometime. The Suns really need a C, SF and PG of the future to build around LB and Amare, they've GOT to pick someone this year (especially since they sold future picks down the river as well).

Speaking of those two picks, does anyone remember which years the Suns don't have their own picks in? Is it 2010 and 2011? Or is it just one year? At this point, I'm having a hard time keeping track of how many and which picks the Suns have sold.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
We sold 08 and '10. we have 09 and 11, possibly because we simply arent allowed to sell them consecutively.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We sold 08 and '10. we have 09 and 11, possibly because we simply arent allowed to sell them consecutively.
Not in advance, but we are certainly allowed to sell them during those drafts, so there's something to look forward to.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I certainly would hope we choose not to sell the Atlanta pick, since the price is capped at $3 mil. Basically, we wouldn't get anymore for the pick than we did selling the late first round pick last year.