Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
where you finish matters, San Antonio has gotten the last pick in the 1st rd even on years they didn't have the best record in the league because they won the NBA Title.
Not true.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
the 15th pick wouldn't be too bad...
we could get, according to some mock drafts, players at or past 15 like
Donte Green
Roy Hibbert
Brandon Rush
all those guys would be fine with me...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the 15th pick wouldn't be too bad...
we could get, according to some mock drafts, players at or past 15 like
Donte Green
Roy Hibbert
Brandon Rush
all those guys would be fine with me...

just say "no" to hibbert (and this comes from a hoya alum)

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I dont see Hibbert's ceiling as being much higher than he currently is. Hasheem Thabeet has the raw ability with the potential to be a truly scary defensive presence if he were to learn under another big man.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
is thabeet going pro? if so where is he projected, that would be awesome to have him.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
As of either today or yesterday, thabeet has been taken off of nbadraft.net's 2008 projections. I have no idea why. Additionally, this last Sunday he was named the national defensive player of the year by the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
is thabeet going pro? if so where is he projected, that would be awesome to have him.

i'd take a chance on him. he showed tremendous growth between frosh and soph years. unfortunately dantoni would have NO idea what to do with him.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I wouldnt expect him, or any player we draft, to play any of his rookie season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dangit! That freaking ridiculous home-town time-keeper is probably gonna be the difference between the Hawks making the playoffs and us getting a lotto pick. They lost again to the Pacers, who would be only one game back if not for that TJ Ford shot being waved off because the ATL time keeper started the time early.

this team is cursed.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
dangit! That freaking ridiculous home-town time-keeper is probably gonna be the difference between the Hawks making the playoffs and us getting a lotto pick. They lost again to the Pacers, who would be only one game back if not for that TJ Ford shot being waved off because the ATL time keeper started the time early.

this team is cursed.
Right now, it's a difference between the 12th pick and the 15th, so it doesn't really matter that much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, it's a difference between the 12th pick and the 15th, so it doesn't really matter that much.

personally, I think there is a difference. A) it's a pick that's 3 higher (which may not mean much in the NFL, but does in the NBA IMO) and B) it takes away any chance, no matter how slim, that there was to get a top three pick, and there always seems to be at least one team who jumps into the lotto. Having any shot at that high ground versus no shot whatsoever along with a lower pick seems like a significant difference to me.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
while I know its a slim slim slim chance the hawks don't make the playoffs atleast the pacers beat them tonight to move a little closer :)

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

this team is cursed.

I thought I heard that the head official has a stop/start button on his person for the clock, and that he was the one that goofed.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
This is the last chance tonight guys. The Knicks have been playing better as of late and they play the Hawks tonight. Moreover, the Pacers get the Sixers tonight. Knicks, Pacers start saying your prayers people!

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
^ It's not the last hoorah, but it's close. If the Hawks win and the Pacers lose, then the Hawks would need to go 0-3 in their last 3 and the Pacers 3-0 in theirs for the Pacers to get the 8th seed.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Looks like both teams will win today, making it slightly harder to indy to lock it in.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looks like Atlanta will beat NY rather easily. It's really sad to think that GS, currently out of playoffs, would have been the 4th seed in the East, and that the Hawks would have been tied for 11th in the West, 11.5 games out of playoffs.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Looks like Atlanta will beat NY rather easily. It's really sad to think that GS, currently out of playoffs, would have been the 4th seed in the East, and that the Hawks would have been tied for 11th in the West, 11.5 games out of playoffs.

Putting it like that is pretty depressing, it is sad seeing GS most likely miss the playoffs. Really sad. It is equally disgusting to watch atlanta make the playoffs with a terrible record.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
bobby jackson is one quick little man. What was Barbosa doing... hes lucky that wasnt an offensive foul.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point, it doesn't really matter too much if Atlanta makes the playoffs or misses them as far as our draft pick is concerned. If they make it (looking likely) then we'll have the #15 pick and if they don't then we'll have the 12-14th pick with a tiny chance to move up.