Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
raptors are the dumbest defense nba team in the league they leave bibby open two times for 3 and he hits both of them, now the hawks are going to win thanks a lot stupid raptors DAMN

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raptors choke away a 17 pt lead and the hawks win :( so not fair

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Game is being protested. Clock started before an inbound pass in last second of regulation.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
It is over guys, no ECF team is going to win 5 games to take that last seed from the hawks.

Hopefully we can just package atl + diaw + tucker or strawberry in a trade and get a more expensive up front but shorter lasting contract player who can contribute some 3 point shooting next season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's play the "if game" for a minute. Let's say the Suns got the ATL pick last summer.

We draft?
Noah

We play him at pf/c?
Every one screams about him not getting enough pt.

We don't trade for Shaq?
Probably not

Horford. We don't trade for Shaq either.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Bulls win tonight

7 games left, can they give ATL a run for their money?

bulls sched 30-45
Washington
Miami
Orlando
Cleveland
Orlando
Milwaukee
Toronto

(prediction: 35-47)

Nets sched 31-44
detroit
toronto
cleveland
toronto
milwaukee
charlotte
boston

(prediction: 35-47)

Indy sched 31-44
milwaukee
milwaukee
atl
philly
charlotte
washington
NY

(prediction: 37-45)

ATL sched 35-40
philly
philly
indiana
NY
boston
orlando
miami

(prediction: 37-45)

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Hawks will be out of the playoffs, once again, next year. The only thing they are playing for this season is to stay out of the lottery.....

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news...the 76ers won 109-104 against the Hawks tonight.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The Hawks will be out of the playoffs, once again, next year. The only thing they are playing for this season is to stay out of the lottery.....

Got anything to support this? Atlanta should have a lot of internal growth between this year and next, the East should still be weak next year (as there are no major free agents likely to move this year), I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in one of the bottom 3 slots in the playoffs next year.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pacers still have a chance to beat out the Hawks for the 8th spot. They're 3 games back and the Hawks still have to play tough games against Philly, Indiana, Boston & Orlando. I can see Atlanta losing all 4 of those games, but they also have easy games against NY & Miami. The Pacers remaining games are against Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philly, Charlotte, Washington & the Knicks. If the Pacers win 5 of those game they'll have a chance.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pacers still have a chance to beat out the Hawks for the 8th spot. They're 3 games back and the Hawks still have to play tough games against Philly, Indiana, Boston & Orlando. I can see Atlanta losing all 4 of those games, but they also have easy games against NY & Miami. The Pacers remaining games are against Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philly, Charlotte, Washington & the Knicks. If the Pacers win 5 of those game they'll have a chance.

By the time they get to Boston and Orlando I wouldn't be surprised if some of those guys were resting at the end of the season, like most playoff teams seem to do once their seed is wrapped up.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Odds arent in our favor, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

You know someone upstairs is having a laugh at your expense when you find yourself rooting for the sub-500 pacers to move the sub-500 hawks out of the playoffs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hawks up by 11 at halftime not looking to good right now, i'm not sure why I am even still watching the hawks pick I know it doesn't matter but I keep praying lol

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a question even if the hawks make the playoffs which they are now are probally going to do we still get the 15th pick no matter what right?

ianzym

Reaction score
Hawks will make the playoffs, I think this coming draft is very deep and Atlanta will be the first team eliminated so we should still get a quality guy with their pick. Unless we trade our 1st rd pick which isn't too uncommong for the Suns

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hawks will make the playoffs, I think this coming draft is very deep and Atlanta will be the first team eliminated so we should still get a quality guy with their pick. Unless we trade our 1st rd pick which isn't too uncommong for the Suns

It doesn't matter where they get eliminated. Only the regular season record matters.

ianzym

Reaction score
where you finish matters, San Antonio has gotten the last pick in the 1st rd even on years they didn't have the best record in the league because they won the NBA Title.