Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Yeah, that Atlanta pick isn't looking so good. That doesn't mean package it. lus, I doubt we'd trade Diaw now. You can still get a decent player. But yeah, I think Atlanta might just make the playoffs.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that the Hawks will win 38 games and just miss the playoffs by a couple of games.

So I figure their pick will be in the 10-15 range.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the pick falls between 1-10, the suns will use it in a trade
If the pick falls between 11-30, it will be sold for $$

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Lol. I know, we proably wont use the pick at all. But, in all seriousness, I hope we use the pick no matter what. I mean, we should be picking a big man right?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Lol. I know, we proably wont use the pick at all. But, in all seriousness, I hope we use the pick no matter what. I mean, we should be picking a big man right?

I doubt we could get even a half-decent big man with a 12-15 pick. Hope I am proved wrong though.

IMO might as well use it to unload diaw.

If marion bolts then all we have to do is find a way to unload banks and we will have some great cap room to sign 2 strong possibly very strong players.

A lot of good players in chicago on their last year right now for example.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
A lot of players in Chicago on their last year looking for big contracts right now. We know Sarver hates spending money. Whats the going rate for a draft pick these days?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
A lot of players in Chicago on their last year looking for big contracts right now. We know Sarver hates spending money. Whats the going rate for a draft pick these days?

Thankfully a lot of teams are near, at, or over the salary cap (next year) so with some cap room we might have a chance.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Yeah, but I also doubt we have a ton of room. If Marion leaves, do we get anything in return? I know its an opt out, but the contract isn't over, so would it be like a sign and trade?

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Yeah, but I also doubt we have a ton of room. If Marion leaves, do we get anything in return? I know its an opt out, but the contract isn't over, so would it be like a sign and trade?

Of course the contract is over if he opts out. You can't decide to leave and still get paid. The team gets nothing in return other than cap relief.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
I get that, but in other sports, you get a draft pick, or something like that. I wasn't sure if there was anything extra, or if that was just it. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
My guess is teams aren't taking them as lightly as they did last year. Now that they've made the WCFs, teams are targeting them as an important game, and I imagine more gamefilm is being studied to learn Utah's strengths and weaknesses.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh sucks the hawks beat UTAH looks like that pick won't be that good this year hope i'm wrong.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now a game above .500. This pick will be sold for cash.

asuhoopnut

Veteran
Reaction score
Of course the contract is over if he opts out. You can't decide to leave and still get paid. The team gets nothing in return other than cap relief.

There will be no cap relief, because we will still be over the cap. Best case scenario would be to trade him before the deadline in Feb. or if he wants a better deal with another team they could then do a sign and trade

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
There is still plenty of season left. I know Atlanta has shown that they're playing good, but, they might just as well go on a bad run. If I were on any other team, I would be totally for keeping the pick. But, seeing as D'Antoni isn't going to play the rooks, whats the point?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can we just abolish this thread? That pick ain't gonna be squat and all this thread does is serve as a reminder of how little we got for JJ. Makes me sad.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If only the Hawks could have some sort of loss to shake their confidence some...

It really bothers me to see the Hawks tanking rewarded and us ending with relative squat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05