AZ Republic: Suns' FA Focus Shift to Guard Banks

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
For those of you who complain about Barbosa, Banks is more of the same. The difference is, the Suns will be playing two combo guards at the same time now, not one combo guard and a straight SG like Eddie House. :shrug:

Banks should help Barbosa out defensively. Barbs won't have to defend dribble penetration as much, and his long arms serve him well as a perimeter defender. An even more interesting combo is when Banks and Bell are on the floor with KT and Marion. Whomever the 5th player is won't matter, because that's a strong defensive unit.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Banks is supposed to be a decent defender. I do believe that James Jones can defend some of the bigger 2's, can Banks defend the 2's that JR can't?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
Banks should help Barbosa out defensively. Barbs won't have to defend dribble penetration as much, and his long arms serve him well as a perimeter defender. An even more interesting combo is when Banks and Bell are on the floor with KT and Marion. Whomever the 5th player is won't matter, because that's a strong defensive unit.
James Jones, perhaps. Or, Boris Diaw. :shrug:

I agree, it's a good thing to get Barbosa off the ball on defense. I remember Banks being pretty thick, so he should be tougher to post up, too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05