STAT man
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

there mr floppy goes again

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Floppy took out LB on purpose!!

Sure it looked like an accident but I have seen 7 year olds hurt each other and make it look like an "accident."

If Floppy was going to take out our hottest scorer in a close game wouldn't he try to make it look like and "accident?" Everyone seems to agree that he's an accomplished actor, who better to perpetrate such a fiendish plot.

Back and to the left,
Back and to the left,
Back and to the left,
Back and to the left.

Was that David Robinson behind the grassy knoll?

Errntknght

Reaction score
Shawty, "Nice try. You did hit a nerve. Insinuatin' that one of the nicest, most heartfelt coaches in the game would put a "hit" out on anutha' player is the most asinine charge I've heard since I've been here. Almost. Also if Pop was puttin' a hit out on the Suns roster, WHY WOULD HE INJURE BARBOSA? What has Barbosa done in his career that merits Pop puttin' a hit out on him? Puhleeeze. Wouldn't he target Nash? Marion?"

I wasn't insinuatin' anything - I said exactly what I meant quite clearly. I didn't say and I don't think your guy targeted Barbosa or even a Sun. Leandro was just the unlucky opponent who was there. I'm saying if he can avoid hitting his teammates during his floppsican-moppsican charades then he can miss the opponents, too - not doing so is despicable behavior, and makes injuries he causes intentional. If you think he's so out of control he can't help who he hits, just say so. If you think he's that out of control and his teammates and coach are happy to put up with it why not just say as much? I would like to know your opinion on these simple, straightforward questions.

Like I said, I'll review my opinion when new evidence appears but not before.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
NugzFan said:
lol. not surprised.

I'm sure you weren't. Question: I hear George Karl was cryin' about the "flopping" of New Jersey last night. Does he have anyone else that he'd like to cry about or is he gonna' take issue with everyone in the league? Needless to say, I'm not surprised you relish a moment to talk about a player who sent your Nugz packin'. Like coach, like fan.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Shawty said:
I'm sure you weren't. Question: I hear George Karl was cryin' about the "flopping" of New Jersey last night. Does he have anyone else that he'd like to cry about or is he gonna' take issue with everyone in the league? Needless to say, I'm not surprised you relish a moment to talk about a player who sent your Nugz packin'. Like coach, like fan.

Nice a trash talker....

well brother u better be quaking in your boots. If Amare comes back at even 80% this season, i think we got what it takes to take you guys out. Dont agree...?

Less double teaming and more man on man defense means better D and more rebounds

We obviously have more scorers than you with our full complement of players

We have a guy who is notorious for killing MR. Floppy (bell)so he likely to be much less of a factor

Nash will kill you guys and i like barbosa to make Parker run around on offense

Amare is better than Duncan but less consistent....Please reference 2005 Playoffs

We got our MUCH NEEDED experience out of the way last year....now we can go into SA confident if we are healthy (which played a bigger role than any black and silver fan wants to admit)

We have Kurt Thomas and Grant to put a body and 12 fouls on Timmy...

BORIS DIAW...already better than Mike Finley is currently....Im just glad we didnt get Mike and he would be taking minutes away from this stud....

Suffice to say i like our chances. Im def. worried about the franchise but all indications are he is ok....

so get ready for an a$$ whupping come MAY.....

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Nice a trash talker....

well brother u better be quaking in your boots. If Amare comes back at even 80% this season, i think we got what it takes to take you guys out. Dont agree...?

Less double teaming and more man on man defense means better D and more rebounds

We obviously have more scorers than you with our full complement of players

We have a guy who is notorious for killing MR. Floppy (bell)so he likely to be much less of a factor

Nash will kill you guys and i like barbosa to make Parker run around on offense

Amare is better than Duncan but less consistent....Please reference 2005 Playoffs

We got our MUCH NEEDED experience out of the way last year....now we can go into SA confident if we are healthy (which played a bigger role than any black and silver fan wants to admit)

We have Kurt Thomas and Grant to put a body and 12 fouls on Timmy...

BORIS DIAW...already better than Mike Finley is currently....Im just glad we didnt get Mike and he would be taking minutes away from this stud....

Suffice to say i like our chances. Im def. worried about the franchise but all indications are he is ok....

so get ready for an a$$ whupping come MAY.....

Actually I'm not trash talkin'. Not here at least. I've been very tame since I've come here. I've simply been defendin' myself.

Here's what I see. You'll be surprised:

I see an INCOMPLETE Suns team. I've always been a fan of Nash's game. I've luved his game even before he came to PHX. The guy is just a talent. The Suns team will indeed be scary when Amare' comes back. Honestly though, I don't believe it'll happen this year. Knee surgeries aren't always sumthin' that takes a few months.

I like the Boris Diaw pickup and was DISTURBED Phx got him. He's an all-purpose player. Once he learns to shoot the J consistently, he'll be dangerous.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Thomas and Grant though. I think the threat of Amare' in the future will do more than what those two can do combined. Honestly, Kurt Thomas may be somewhat of an upgrade in stregth and IQ but he's NOT a Duncan stopper. And Grant is laughable. I like him several years ago. i actually think that Amare' did OK in spots last season one-on-one with Duncan but there doesn't exist a Duncan stopper. As far as Amare' bein' BETTER than Duncan...I'll say this...

Amare' is more athletic and quicker. He has the tools and talents. He's makin' QUICK progression to definitely WITHOUT A DOUBT become the best player out of the "new crop" (includin' Wade, LeBron, etc.). However, he's not there yet. Duncan is. Neither are the other youngsters. Amare's not even finished. He's a work in progress. That's what's scary about the guy. Potentially, he can be one of the NBA greats. Duncan is already there. What with 3 rings, 3 MVPs, several All-Star appearances, All-Defensive Team hog...Need I go on. Once Amare' shores up the defensive side and passin' skill, he'll be ready to take his spot in there. He's not PAST Duncan yet in total game but it shouldn't be a surprise that he'll get there.

Finally, Diaw is a better player than the current Finley. The season's young and to totally dismiss Finley's abilities that he's proven over a career would be unfair. I like Diaw's potential though. He has a chance to be a very important piece.

If Amare' comes back, I think they will definitely push the Spurs and anyone else. Yet, to think that it'll be an easy series for either team is insane. The Spurs are still dangerous and the Suns with Amare' are always dangerous.

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
Shawty said:
Actually I'm not trash talkin'. Not here at least. I've been very tame since I've come here. I've simply been defendin' myself.

Here's what I see. You'll be surprised:

I see an INCOMPLETE Suns team. I've always been a fan of Nash's game. I've luved his game even before he came to PHX. The guy is just a talent. The Suns team will indeed be scary when Amare' comes back. Honestly though, I don't believe it'll happen this year. Knee surgeries aren't always sumthin' that takes a few months.

I like the Boris Diaw pickup and was DISTURBED Phx got him. He's an all-purpose player. Once he learns to shoot the J consistently, he'll be dangerous.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Thomas and Grant though. I think the threat of Amare' in the future will do more than what those two can do combined. Honestly, Kurt Thomas may be somewhat of an upgrade in stregth and IQ but he's NOT a Duncan stopper. And Grant is laughable. I like him several years ago. i actually think that Amare' did OK in spots last season one-on-one with Duncan but there doesn't exist a Duncan stopper. As far as Amare' bein' BETTER than Duncan...I'll say this...

Amare' is more athletic and quicker. He has the tools and talents. He's makin' QUICK progression to definitely WITHOUT A DOUBT become the best player out of the "new crop" (includin' Wade, LeBron, etc.). However, he's not there yet. Duncan is. Neither are the other youngsters. Amare's not even finished. He's a work in progress. That's what's scary about the guy. Potentially, he can be one of the NBA greats. Duncan is already there. What with 3 rings, 3 MVPs, several All-Star appearances, All-Defensive Team hog...Need I go on. Once Amare' shores up the defensive side and passin' skill, he'll be ready to take his spot in there. He's not PAST Duncan yet in total game but it shouldn't be a surprise that he'll get there.

Finally, Diaw is a better player than the current Finley. The season's young and to totally dismiss Finley's abilities that he's proven over a career would be unfair. I like Diaw's potential though. He has a chance to be a very important piece.

If Amare' comes back, I think they will definitely push the Spurs and anyone else. Yet, to think that it'll be an easy series for either team is insane. The Spurs are still dangerous and the Suns with Amare' are always dangerous.

A good discussion here. I'll add that Amare will tell you that he isn't as good as Duncan yet, he needs more development. He's not a Duncan stopper, he's just is too much for Duncan or any 2 spurs to handle in speed and athleticism on 'O' and he has a real nasty point guard to get him the ball = 37ppg in conference finals against Duncan and Co. Now we add Barbosa who has already shown he can put parker in reverse, just needed to play smarter. Well it looks like he got smart already early this year(16ppg, 54% FGs). He's to fast for Tony to beat consistently off the dribble and his damn long arms will be hard for Tony to shoot over. On 'O', Parker can't guard Barbosa off the dribble. Diaw will shut down Finley, and Bell will take care of Manuflop. The suns are an incomplete team though .... until Amare comes back. That happens on schedule, the suns are the nastiest 7-8 seed ever, just waiting to send a 1 or 2 seed home early. If we meet the spurs in the first round, I think Pop will have to update his "worry pill" prescription. If I was a spurs fan, I would say "please Amare dont come back till next year"!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We can talk till we're blue in the face about Kurt Thomas not being an answer for us--but in reality, Kurt Thomas without Amare is much, much different than Kurt Thomas WITH Amare.

KT was brought in here to be complimentary--we already had a big man that could sprint down the floor and finish. But with that big man out, all of a sudden, KT becomes that man, and he hasn't played that style for years. The Kurt Thomas we're seeing now is NOT the man we all expected to see. The Kurt Thomas we expect will be the one who plays alongside Amare Stoudemire. Period. So it is unfair to ride KT when he has now been asked to do something he a) didn't expect to do and b) was never brought aboard to do.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
A good discussion here. I'll add that Amare will tell you that he isn't as good as Duncan yet, he needs more development. He's not a Duncan stopper, he's just is too much for Duncan or any 2 spurs to handle in speed and athleticism on 'O' and he has a real nasty point guard to get him the ball = 37ppg in conference finals against Duncan and Co. Now we add Barbosa who has already shown he can put parker in reverse, just needed to play smarter. Well it looks like he got smart already early this year(16ppg, 54% FGs). He's to fast for Tony to beat consistently off the dribble and his damn long arms will be hard for Tony to shoot over. On 'O', Parker can't guard Barbosa off the dribble. Diaw will shut down Finley, and Bell will take care of Manuflop. The suns are an incomplete team though .... until Amare comes back. That happens on schedule, the suns are the nastiest 7-8 seed ever, just waiting to send a 1 or 2 seed home early. If we meet the spurs in the first round, I think Pop will have to update his "worry pill" prescription. If I was a spurs fan, I would say "please Amare dont come back till next year"!

Easy easy...

Too much stock in Barbosa. He has shown much improvement this season but it is 82 games. The Spurs have been known to start very slowly especially when addin' players. I highly doubt that Barbosa will stop Parker. yet, his O is his best D in this case. He is certainly a handful for Parker. The Spurs would counter that by shorin' up their transition D and playin' good team D, which was seriously draggin' last meetin'. Puttin' Barbosa on Parker is not an easy fix. The Spurs run a lotta' hi-screen and rolls with Parker/Duncan. That takes Barbosa's length outta' the equation. Parker and Manu will be given the green light to push the ball back at PHX. There won't be much man-2-man action if they meet. Plus, Barbs is not the starter. Nash is. Who will help Nash for the sometimes near 40 min. he will be on the floor?

Diaw doesn't need to shut down Fin since he's been inconsistent so far. And what of Barry? Who will shut him down? He's had good games against the Suns in times past. Manu knows how to be productive. I don't worry about him so much. You forgot to mention one guy. Who's gonna stop Duncan from havin' his way? If Duncan gets off, everyone else will eat because the double-team will have to come. The Spurs have many ways to score and many ways to defend. It's really up to the other team to counter. Phoenix does have the personnel WITH AMARE'. Without him, it won't be near easy.

I don't think a team that has faced the likes of a Kobe-Shaq combo for years will take a Nash-Amare' duo for granted. The Spurs are well aware that the Suns are a good team. Yet, if they weren't scared away by a Kobe-Shaq combo, I think they'll be fine with a Nash-Amare' combo.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
We can talk till we're blue in the face about Kurt Thomas not being an answer for us--but in reality, Kurt Thomas without Amare is much, much different than Kurt Thomas WITH Amare.

KT was brought in here to be complimentary--we already had a big man that could sprint down the floor and finish. But with that big man out, all of a sudden, KT becomes that man, and he hasn't played that style for years. The Kurt Thomas we're seeing now is NOT the man we all expected to see. The Kurt Thomas we expect will be the one who plays alongside Amare Stoudemire. Period. So it is unfair to ride KT when he has now been asked to do something he a) didn't expect to do and b) was never brought aboard to do.

Fair assessment.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Shawty said:
Easy easy...

Too much stock in Barbosa. He has shown much improvement this season but it is 82 games. The Spurs have been known to start very slowly especially when addin' players. I highly doubt that Barbosa will stop Parker. yet, his O is his best D in this case. He is certainly a handful for Parker. The Spurs would counter that by shorin' up their transition D and playin' good team D, which was seriously draggin' last meetin'. Puttin' Barbosa on Parker is not an easy fix. The Spurs run a lotta' hi-screen and rolls with Parker/Duncan. That takes Barbosa's length outta' the equation. Parker and Manu will be given the green light to push the ball back at PHX. There won't be much man-2-man action if they meet. Plus, Barbs is not the starter. Nash is. Who will help Nash for the sometimes near 40 min. he will be on the floor?

Diaw doesn't need to shut down Fin since he's been inconsistent so far. And what of Barry? Who will shut him down? He's had good games against the Suns in times past. Manu knows how to be productive. I don't worry about him so much. You forgot to mention one guy. Who's gonna stop Duncan from havin' his way? If Duncan gets off, everyone else will eat because the double-team will have to come. The Spurs have many ways to score and many ways to defend. It's really up to the other team to counter. Phoenix does have the personnel WITH AMARE'. Without him, it won't be near easy.

"Too much stock in Barbosa"

My bias from watching LB closely this year, and my prediction based on a game last year where LB pretty much stopped parker while he was in, while scoring 20pts himself. We'll revisit Barbosa's proven skill set later this year. It was on the screen and roll play where Barbosa's length, quickness allowed him to come from behind to bother parker on the finish.

"what about barry?"

I'm not concerned about Barry, who only makes open shots consistently. The suns defend the perimeter much better this year. Finley also needs open looks on the perimeter. How old is Barry anyway. He is, in my opinion, a defensive liability at the 2-3 position.

"I don't think a team that has faced the likes of a Kobe-Shaq combo for years will take a Nash-Amare' duo for granted. The Spurs are well aware that the Suns are a good team. Yet, if they weren't scared away by a Kobe-Shaq combo, I think they'll be fine with a Nash-Amare' combo"

The suns dont have just a combo, they have alot of scorers which are more difficult to guard than just 2 guys. The suns 3-10 guys are better than those Lakers ever had, by far.

" Who's gonna stop Duncan from havin' his way?"

I expect Duncan to have his way, to some extent. I think success against the spurs is preventing parker and Ginobli from getting easy buckets off the double team. I think alot of teams now recognize this after the Spurs squeezed by the pistons last year. No one guy wins games in the NBA playoffs. Its the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th guys that will make the difference. If we let Duncan have his 30 pts and Amare gets his 30pts, I like our chances in the other matchups, including especially the bench, which has scored over 40 pts multiple times this year.

Dont get me wrong I think the spurs are a very good team, but unlike the "experts" I dont think they are really any better than last year. With Amare, I think the Suns are alot better than last year. Fatigue in the 4th quarter wont likely be an issue at all with this years suns.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
"Too much stock in Barbosa"

My bias from watching LB closely this year, and my prediction based on a game last year where LB pretty much stopped parker while he was in, while scoring 20pts himself. We'll revisit Barbosa's proven skill set later this year. It was on the screen and roll play where Barbosa's length, quickness allowed him to come from behind to bother parker on the finish.

Ahhh yes. Barbosa played well last meetin'. We'll see if the trend continues when they meet up again. The Spurs should be more crisp in their offensive execution. I'm assured it won't be that simple of a fix. I've seen the SPurs make much more difficult adjustments. If you ask me, Barbosa has always been capable of playin' the way he did that night. He just needs to do it consistently.
nowagimp said:
"what about barry?"

I'm not concerned about Barry, who only makes open shots consistently. The suns defend the perimeter much better this year. Finley also needs open looks on the perimeter. How old is Barry anyway. He is, in my opinion, a defensive liability at the 2-3 position.

Barry shot lights out against the Suns last season. Barry is one year older but he actually looks more confident and productive NOW than he did last season. He was a defensive liability last season and he will be this season. The only above average one-on-one defenders the Spurs have are Bowen and Duncan. They get by with good team defense which hasn't been crisp as of late. If the big 3 get goin' for the Spurs Barry WILL become a factor. You never let shooters get open looks. True the Suns have better defenders COLLECTIVELY now but their perimeter defenders weren't terrible last season. The Spurs startin' guards are among the best in the league.
nowagimp said:
"I don't think a team that has faced the likes of a Kobe-Shaq combo for years will take a Nash-Amare' duo for granted. The Spurs are well aware that the Suns are a good team. Yet, if they weren't scared away by a Kobe-Shaq combo, I think they'll be fine with a Nash-Amare' combo"

The suns dont have just a combo, they have alot of scorers which are more difficult to guard than just 2 guys. The suns 3-10 guys are better than those Lakers ever had, by far.

Are you sayin' that this year's Suns team are better than the Laker teams that they put on the floor those years? Talent-wise, yes. But, the Spurs have been beatin' MORE TALENTED TEAMS for years now. Kobe-Shaq were the best 1-2 punch since Jordan-Pippen. That combo alone was goin' to guarantee dominance ON BOTH ENDS OF THE FLOOR. With Amare'-Nash, you have only the offensive end. They are arguable comparable or even more potent than Kobe-Shaq offensively. But defensively, there is NO comparison. Plus, you had Phil Jax and a host of great role players- Horry, Fisher, George, etc.

nowagimp said:
" Who's gonna stop Duncan from havin' his way?"

I expect Duncan to have his way, to some extent. I think success against the spurs is preventing parker and Ginobli from getting easy buckets off the double team. I think alot of teams now recognize this after the Spurs squeezed by the pistons last year. No one guy wins games in the NBA playoffs. Its the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th guys that will make the difference. If we let Duncan have his 30 pts and Amare gets his 30pts, I like our chances in the other matchups, including especially the bench, which has scored over 40 pts multiple times this year.

In order to keep Parker from the hoop, you'll have to try sumthin' new with Nash cuz despite his best efforts, he simply can't guard Parker. Either you keep him off the floor or make him guard someone else. honestly, i really didn't see Parker hurtin' last game or impeded significantly. He had 18-5-3 and made nearly half of his 18 shots. I think that's pretty effective. I don't think you can take one half, in which Barbosa didn't guard Parker for that long, to judge whether he'll shut him down or bother him. The player who actually gave Parker the most problems (strangely enough) is Raja Bell when he was at Dallas.

As far as the Pistons are concerned, no offense but their defense is drastially superior to the Suns. Top to bottom they had the personnel to deal with the Spur guards.

It will come down to experience and heart for the Suns. It's obvious they have heart. But the guy who needs the most time on the floor vs. the Spurs is Jim Jackson. He has that experience and veteran savvy that the Suns need in postseason play. I think he's bigger than most think. The Suns will need guys like him. Most of the other players aren't all that experienced in big game play. They will once again largely relay on Nash and Stoudamire.

nowagimp said:
Dont get me wrong I think the spurs are a very good team, but unlike the "experts" I dont think they are really any better than last year. With Amare, I think the Suns are alot better than last year. Fatigue in the 4th quarter wont likely be an issue at all with this years suns.

Right now, NO, the SPurs aren't better. They have a ways to go. I think they have the potential to be better. It all hinges on team D. If everyone gels, I think you'll see a totally different team in the Spring. Yet, they are makin' strides. You seem to forget that the Spurs NEVER impress in the beginnin' of the season. They like to hit strides late. And...Fatigue doesn't HAVE to be a factor for Phx. but I think it will to some degree since Nash will have to play long minutes in such an important series. Needless to say, it’ll be interestin’ watchin’ it unfold.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Finally, Diaw is a better player than the current Finley.

ummm the current Finley is the one thats on your team....

Listen i know im not on the minority on this board when i say a healthy joe, playing from end to end of the playoffs could have made all the difference. With JJ i think we at least take you guys to a game 7 and that would have been in Phoenix. However i am a big believer in having to gain playoff experience in the NBA so i will conceed we were probaly not ready to beat you and advance to the Finals.....But the reason that was so detrimental was/is the same reason we are a better team this year. We now have depth. The players coming off our bench can single handedly win us a game. Barbosa is better than Van Exel (yes the current Van Exel), Diaw is better than Fins IMHO, and i even like Eddie House better than anyone else on your bench...(i told you he would win us 2-3 games this year eric...his 31 pt game is game one). So provided Amare, Nash, and Shawn are healthy, i actually like how we match up w/ u now. Especially after gaining that experience.

You see for athletic players and guys who can shoot, there is no better system than D'Antoni's. In fact i am now convinced that he is one of the five best coaches in the NBA and it his system rather than BC's player evaluation that we keep getting so "lucky" with these acquisitions. KT doesnt benefit as much but his value will go up tenfold in the playoffs as he will be an upgrade over both Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Na-ster-ooo-vich (Quite Frankly;) ) in a half court game....

You'll notice i said Duncan is more consistent. When i said Amare is better i meant physically and for his age. Straight up right now i would take STAT even though Duncan has had the better career (although he had four years of college and a 7 year head start so take that for what its worth.) Seriously Duncan is great and right now IMO he is the best player in the NBA. But i would not trade him for STAT straight up and they did go head to head in the playoffs last year against each other. I think my boy averaged 37 points so take that for what you will too......

Honestly though, I don't believe it'll happen this year. Knee surgeries aren't always sumthin' that takes a few months.

This is my primary concern. But everyone on this board has told me not too worry and that all signs are going well. I think im snakebit when it comes to stuff like this so i will wait and see. But provided my friends on the board are right, i dont think you have on positive match up against us besides experience and "knowing how to win", and hopefully we gained that last year....

nowagimp

Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:

Listen i know im not on the minority on this board when i say a healthy joe, playing from end to end of the playoffs could have made all the difference. With JJ i think we at least take you guys to a game 7 and that would have been in Phoenix. However i am a big believer in having to gain playoff experience in the NBA so i will conceed we were probaly not ready to beat you and advance to the Finals.....But the reason that was so detrimental was/is the same reason we are a better team this year. We now have depth. The players coming off our bench can single handedly win us a game. Barbosa is better than Van Exel (yes the current Van Exel), Diaw is better than Fins IMHO, and i even like Eddie House better than anyone else on your bench...(i told you he would win us 2-3 games this year eric...his 31 pt game is game one). So provided Amare, Nash, and Shawn are healthy, i actually like how we match up w/ u now. Especially after gaining that experience.

You see for athletic players and guys who can shoot, there is no better system than D'Antoni's. In fact i am now convinced that he is one of the five best coaches in the NBA and it his system rather than BC's player evaluation that we keep getting so "lucky" with these acquisitions. KT doesnt benefit as much but his value will go up tenfold in the playoffs as he will be an upgrade over both Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Na-ster-ooo-vich (Quite Frankly;) ) in a half court game....

You'll notice i said Duncan is more consistent. When i said Amare is better i meant physically and for his age. Straight up right now i would take STAT even though Duncan has had the better career (although he had four years of college and a 7 year head start so take that for what its worth.) Seriously Duncan is great and right now IMO he is the best player in the NBA. But i would not trade him for STAT straight up and they did go head to head in the playoffs last year against each other. I think my boy averaged 37 points so take that for what you will too......

Honestly though, I don't believe it'll happen this year. Knee surgeries aren't always sumthin' that takes a few months.

This is my primary concern. But everyone on this board has told me not too worry and that all signs are going well. I think im snakebit when it comes to stuff like this so i will wait and see. But provided my friends on the board are right, i dont think you have on positive match up against us besides experience and "knowing how to win", and hopefully we gained that last year....

I agree with AF, Duncan is the best player in the NBA but if I could pick one player and add to him to make a team it would be STAT. He is on the rise bigtime and already the most dominant offensive PF-C in the game. He will pass Duncan in 1-2 years at this rate and he will be 24 yrs old. And yeah, I loved that 37ppg against the "best defense in the NBA". SMOKING!!!!

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:

Right. I understand you're amped about Diaw finally showin' up in his career. I've always liked his versatility. I was simply remindin' you to respect Finley, who is a vet on the downside of his career. Yet, he's been an All-Star and a solid contributor over a successful career. Diaw is just now provin' that he's serviceable 15 games (?) into the season. And yes, he is contributin' MORE to his team than Fin. He's also a starter for his team. Fin is not. Fin is contributin' CLOSE to what the SPurs brought him on to do. Hit open shots and give Manu relief.

Arizona's Finest said:
Listen i know im not on the minority on this board when i say a healthy joe, playing from end to end of the playoffs could have made all the difference.
No you're not in the minority. I concur. He would have made a difference.

Arizona's Finest said:
With JJ i think we at least take you guys to a game 7 and that would have been in Phoenix. However i am a big believer in having to gain playoff experience in the NBA so i will conceed we were probaly not ready to beat you and advance to the Finals.....
Although I disagree with that, you're entitled to believe that. I'm also entitled to believe that PHX could have been totally healthy and it wouldn't have made much of a difference since the SPurs team sans Manu AND Tim almost netted a win IN PHX durin' the reg. season. But hey...shoulda'-coulda'-woulda' for ME and you.

Arizona's Finest said:
But the reason that was so detrimental was/is the same reason we are a better team this year. We now have depth. The players coming off our bench can single handedly win us a game.
So can ours. And they have.
Arizona's Finest said:
Barbosa is better than Van Exel (yes the current Van Exel),
True.
Arizona's Finest said:
Diaw is better than Fins IMHO,
True.
Arizona's Finest said:
and i even like Eddie House better than anyone else on your bench...
Hold up there. Eddie House? I luv House but he's JUST a scorer. Luved him when he was at Miami. Very quick and is a great shooter when hot. But that's it. You don't get a really great passer outta' him. He doesn't play great defense. He's never really had to play with a team with a whole lotta' structure it seems UNTIL NOW. He's undersized for the position he's supposed to play (SG). I think he's interchangeable with a Beno-Fin-Barry. At least Barry and Beno are above average passers, which a PG should be. Barry has posted 30+ points before. Beno has posted 25 along with 9 assists.
Arizona's Finest said:
So provided Amare, Nash, and Shawn are healthy, i actually like how we match up w/ u now. Especially after gaining that experience.
Yes, you matchup well but that doesn't mean you'd win. We matched up well with the Lakers for several seasons and only won 2 series.

Arizona's Finest said:
KT doesnt benefit as much but his value will go up tenfold in the playoffs as he will be an upgrade over both Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Na-ster-ooo-vich (Quite Frankly;) ) in a half court game....
Why pronounce him better already? Why not let him prove it first. We've only played once and KT couldn't even stay on the court. He's also undersized for his position. He's guardin' the best PF in the league. Don't expect him to stay on the court very long in most meetings. I think Kt has one of the better midrange games in the league. He's also tough but he's never been a defensive stopper. That's what they need him for.

Arizona's Finest said:
You'll notice i said Duncan is more consistent. When i said Amare is better i meant physically and for his age.
Check!

Arizona's Finest said:
Straight up right now i would take STAT even though Duncan has had the better career (although he had four years of college and a 7 year head start so take that for what its worth.)
Yes and no. If I needed a TOTAL player, I'd still take Duncan. If I need a scorer, Stoudamire is the man. Duncan's a better passer, he understands the game better, he's more patient and methodical, he has the championship pedigree, he makes everyone around him better, he's a better rebounder (o & d), he's a better midrange shooter, and he's a MUCH better defender. Remember who the MVP of PHX is. It's Nash not Amare'. In a short while, even Duncan knows, the future belongs to players like Amare'.

Arizona's Finest said:
But i would not trade him for STAT straight up and they did go head to head in the playoffs last year against each other.
Yes they did. And Duncan was playin' on TWO HURT ANKLES. Amare' still would have been effective but it's sorta' hard defendin' an athletic freak on two bad wheels.

In all, PHX has a great future with a HEALTHY Stoudamire. It'll be a rivalry soon.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Shawty said:
Right. I understand you're amped about Diaw finally showin' up in his career. I've always liked his versatility. I was simply remindin' you to respect Finley, who is a vet on the downside of his career. Yet, he's been an All-Star and a solid contributor over a successful career. Diaw is just now provin' that he's serviceable 15 games (?) into the season. And yes, he is contributin' MORE to his team than Fin. He's also a starter for his team. Fin is not. Fin is contributin' CLOSE to what the SPurs brought him on to do. Hit open shots and give Manu relief.

Although I disagree with that, you're entitled to believe that. I'm also entitled to believe that PHX could have been totally healthy and it wouldn't have made much of a difference since the SPurs team sans Manu AND Tim almost netted a win IN PHX durin' the reg. season. But hey...shoulda'-coulda'-woulda' for ME and you.

True.
True.
Hold up there. Eddie House? I luv House but he's JUST a scorer. Luved him when he was at Miami. Very quick and is a great shooter when hot. But that's it. You don't get a really great passer outta' him. He doesn't play great defense. He's never really had to play with a team with a whole lotta' structure it seems UNTIL NOW. He's undersized for the position he's supposed to play (SG). I think he's interchangeable with a Beno-Fin-Barry. At least Barry and Beno are above average passers, which a PG should be. Barry has posted 30+ points before. Beno has posted 25 along with 9 assists.
Yes, you matchup well but that doesn't mean you'd win. We matched up well with the Lakers for several seasons and only won 2 series.

Why pronounce him better already? Why not let him prove it first. We've only played once and KT couldn't even stay on the court. He's also undersized for his position. He's guardin' the best PF in the league. Don't expect him to stay on the court very long in most meetings. I think Kt has one of the better midrange games in the league. He's also tough but he's never been a defensive stopper. That's what they need him for.

Check!

Yes and no. If I needed a TOTAL player, I'd still take Duncan. If I need a scorer, Stoudamire is the man. Duncan's a better passer, he understands the game better, he's more patient and methodical, he has the championship pedigree, he makes everyone around him better, he's a better rebounder (o & d), he's a better midrange shooter, and he's a MUCH better defender. Remember who the MVP of PHX is. It's Nash not Amare'. In a short while, even Duncan knows, the future belongs to players like Amare'.

Yes they did. And Duncan was playin' on TWO HURT ANKLES. Amare' still would have been effective but it's sorta' hard defendin' an athletic freak on two bad wheels.

In all, PHX has a great future with a HEALTHY Stoudamire. It'll be a rivalry soon.

Excellent post:thumbup:

We obviously have biases towards our own teams and rightfully so. And you guys have the rings so we gotta knock you off before anyone can say anything of any certainty about the Suns being better. However, this young season has progressed exactly how I would have wanted it to in terms of young players stepping up and players fitting into their roles. Also D'Antoni is a much better coach than i previously gave him credit for and I think our defense actually has to be considered a strength since the change to more man up five games ago.

Which makes Amares injury such a sucker punch. If/when he comes back provided he returns to form, i see us as your main comp for the crown, despite what national prognosticators and delerious Dallas fans will have you believe. I honestky think we can win our division and be the number three seed due to the down nature of the pacific division. One point i will make is the Spurs have about three years left with the current group of players. I say thins b/c Duncan will lose effectiveness around that time, and too me (and im sure you disagree) Parker and Manu are as good as they are going to be....In fact while i think they can dominate occaisonally, i see them as once every four year all stars.

Conversly STAT could win numerous MVP's if he returns at full health and i love the potential pof some of our young guys. Who knows? Im excited and i i just want our main man back so we can settle this debate once for all. I just wouldnt push us aside as a stepping stone to the championship just yet, as pride comes before a fall.......

Hopefully My Suns are next in line.....

nowagimp

Reaction score
Shawty said:

True.
True.

Check!

Wow, a civilized, intelligent, even respectful, thread between an outsider(Shawnty) to the board and a member(AF) of the board. This was a more rational and respectful discussion that most of our internal ones.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Excellent post:thumbup:

We obviously have biases towards our own teams and rightfully so. And you guys have the rings so we gotta knock you off before anyone can say anything of any certainty about the Suns being better. However, this young season has progressed exactly how I would have wanted it to in terms of young players stepping up and players fitting into their roles. Also D'Antoni is a much better coach than i previously gave him credit for and I think our defense actually has to be considered a strength since the change to more man up five games ago.

Which makes Amares injury such a sucker punch. If/when he comes back provided he returns to form, i see us as your main comp for the crown, despite what national prognosticators and delerious Dallas fans will have you believe. I honestky think we can win our division and be the number three seed due to the down nature of the pacific division. One point i will make is the Spurs have about three years left with the current group of players. I say thins b/c Duncan will lose effectiveness around that time, and too me (and im sure you disagree) Parker and Manu are as good as they are going to be....In fact while i think they can dominate occaisonally, i see them as once every four year all stars.

Conversly STAT could win numerous MVP's if he returns at full health and i love the potential pof some of our young guys. Who knows? Im excited and i i just want our main man back so we can settle this debate once for all. I just wouldnt push us aside as a stepping stone to the championship just yet, as pride comes before a fall.......

Hopefully My Suns are next in line.....

Fair enough agreed. You must also realize that Nash has LESS time than Duncan. One can not overlook what he means to the Suns success.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shawty said:
Fair enough agreed. You must also realize that Nash has LESS time than Duncan. One can not overlook what he means to the Suns success.

I'd agree with that, although every Suns fans is hoping he can continue to play effectively into his late 30's a la John Stockton. I think Duncan has a lot more than 3 yrs of being a top player, he should be one of the top PF/C's in the league for at least another 6 before his skills start to decline (he's only 29).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05