Barf

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
You've got it all wrong. The better SF/Seattle do the more it helps us long term.

1. The further each team goes in the playoffs the worse their draft picks are.
2. The further they go, the more their players are going to demand on new contracts, especially if they win the SB (the infamous SB premium).
3. The better they do the more likely their co-ordinators are to be offered new jobs.

Our division rivals doing well in the playoffs that we missed is good news for us.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
49ers...Seahawks...Patriots = World champions?? I'll PASS!
More exciting to watch the grass grow!

CARDS in 14'

Mark in SC :)

I didn't watch last year's SB, because I hated the Ravens even more than the Niners!! I found a good movie to watch & I don't regret it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm going Niners because they have the defense to match what we did to the Seahawks and they have the physical nature to win this... I then see one exhausted Niner team still recovering from this brutal game weeks later, losing to the AFC opponent featuring an elite quarterback in my opinion :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Seahawks are going to beat the 49er's.

How anybody on this board could like the 49er's is beyond me.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I for one simply stated they have the team to beat the Seahawks at home and I think they will. If the Saints can push the Hawks. If we can beat them and then lose a dogfight with the Niners...sure, the Niners can beat them. BUT, that does not mean that I 'like' them or am remotely fond of them both, Niners or Hawks lol

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
SF @ Seattle is like Iran versus Iraq. Two evil empires!

The good thing is that one of them has to lose. The bad thing is one of them will win. I think I despise Jim Harbaugh slightly more than I despise Pete Carroll. But it's close. :barf:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score

I apologize for being a (male member) about this, but NO apostrophe anywhere in 49ers.

You must be registered for see images

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
SF @ Seattle is like Iran versus Iraq. Two evil empires!

The good thing is that one of them has to lose. The bad thing is one of them will win. I think I despise Jim Harbaugh slightly more than I despise Pete Carroll. But it's close. :barf:

That is because (I assume) your not an ASU fan? For me, as a Phoenix resident for about 40 years I can't stand Cheat Carroll, and his "when I get caught I'll just bail back to the NFL until the heat cools," and then back to Coed city.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
That is because (I assume) your not an ASU fan? For me, as a Phoenix resident for about 40 years I can't stand Cheat Carroll, and his "when I get caught I'll just bail back to the NFL until the heat cools," and then back to Coed city.

Nope! Not a Pac 12 guy.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Quote from DoTheDew:
"You've got it all wrong. The better SF/Seattle do the more it helps us long term.
2. The further they go, the more their players are going to demand on new contracts, especially if they win the SB (the infamous SB premium).
3. The better they do the more likely their co-ordinators are to be offered new jobs.
Our division rivals doing well in the playoffs that we missed is good news for us."

On the money. And it makes our Division look even stronger next year. Also, it gives the Cards another objective for beating them each time we play!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good news is that at least one of these teams will lose this weekend and be knocked out of the playoffs.

Then we just have to root for the AFC in the Playoffs.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Quote from DoTheDew:
"You've got it all wrong. The better SF/Seattle do the more it helps us long term.
Our division rivals doing well in the playoffs that we missed is good news for us."

On the money. And it makes our Division look even stronger next year. Also, it gives the Cards another objective for beating them each time we play!

Wait, the SB winner gets an advantage {reward} by hosting the opening Thursday night game followed by a mini-bye. So it is OK to root against SF/Seattle winning the SB right? ;)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you like the Seahawks? Do tell?

I hate them both equally as teams.. But I personally don't know any Seahawks fans, so I won't have to hear anyone gloat.. So I want Seattle to win.. Plus I think they are the better team anyways.. If 49ers win I won't hear the end of it from some people I know.. And they need to be shut up..

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Torn:

If the Hags win, then the Cards will be the only NFCW team without a SB title. If the Niners win, we get to deal with their already pathetic fanbase lording it over us for years to come.

So I am now the biggest AFC fan ever.

Here's hoping the Niners continue to become this generation's version of the 90's Buffalo Bills. Choke artists on the biggest stages.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Totally Serious!

I didn't watch last years' game...and I didn't watch the Pats/Eagles SB years ago.

I have to root for somebody and if I hate BOTH teams...WHY WATCH?

The 49ers and Seahawks are ALL MOUTH!!

...And the Patriots are CHEATERS! Their games, especially at "home" are always tainted with "questionable" calls!

BUNCH A %^&%&^**(! CHEATING IS CHEATING!!

WIN WITH HONOR OR DON'T WIN AT ALL!

Mark in SC :)

CARDS IN 14'

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score

Sherman will make Boldin his ----- and Thomas will shut down Davis. Can

Maxwell or Thurmond handle Crabtree? The Seahawks will rattle Kap

up there in Seattle. Hawks win 23-13.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I guess I would like to see SF lose more than Seattle, but its close. It is kind of nice having the Cardinals be the ONLY team to beat Seattle at Century Link in the last two seasons. While I dislike Carroll and Harbaugh equally, I dislike Kaepernick more than Wilson. I guess I'll be cheering for the Niners to lose. {I won't be cheering for the Seahawks to win though.}

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seattle will win the NFC Championship. However, having to travel across the country and play in foul weather could be a problem for them in the SB especially considering both Denver and New England are used to playing in foul winter weather. Neither Seattle nor SF have a shot in bad weather.

On another note, the 49ers are quickly becoming the Eagles. This is their 3rd straight NFC Championship game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05