Barkley disses Suns for not hiring Marjely

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Live on the air, Chuck said it was disrespect to hire the other guy, said Dan could do it. I laugh because Phil could come here tomorrow and still get us a ping pong ball so what's the friggin point? I never put Dan in that dumb class the folks here do, I think he has seen enough to know how to coach. I think he can keep the Players respect, but it's all noll and void now. I'm just rooting for some youngns.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where's the Suns/Clipper game thread, did the ticket offers get all the die hards to downtown?

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I apologize to whoever rated this thread one star, I'll have your mama home earlier next time, but she had a good time so try being a good kid, be happy for her. ;)

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have given you one star but someone beat me to it. Ain't that always the case.

Barkley also said that Turner should have been given the job. His point is that they were coaching here and so they deserve the job. That seems a little silly to me. Make the case that they are good coaches and deserve the opportunity for that reason but just being in the neighborhood doesn't warrant a thing, IMO.

Steve

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd have given you one star but someone beat me to it. Ain't that always the case.

Barkley also said that Turner should have been given the job. His point is that they were coaching here and so they deserve the job. That seems a little silly to me. Make the case that they are good coaches and deserve the opportunity for that reason but just being in the neighborhood doesn't warrant a thing, IMO.

Steve
:thumbup: and :biglaugh:. I feel you homie.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we had our female announcer mixed with some Sir Charles doing our local broadcast, I would have to watch every game. That would be awesome.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Arizona game, Depressed after Suns crap and now Upton crap. It's been a sad week for us Arizona sports fans.
D-backs, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about that. I aint up on that up and Upton, but it doesn't sound good if we are going for Championships.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-backs, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about that. I aint up on that up and Upton, but it doesn't sound good if we are going for Championships.

We sold a dollar for a quarter and a couple of nickels. I'm not sure that's ever a good thing.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're 2 - 0 since replacing Gentry with Hunter. Now, instead of bashing them for not putting Turner or Majerle into the head coach slot, maybe it's time we start ripping the front office for waiting so long to make this move.;)

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We're 2 - 0 since replacing Gentry with Hunter. Now, instead of bashing them for not putting Turner or Majerle into the head coach slot, maybe it's time we start ripping the front office for waiting so long to make this move.;)

Steve
And we did it on a back-to-back. 'Good thing Chris Paul was on the bench.

Stop Whining

Veteran
Reaction score
Exactly how is Hunter doing the job as HC? Maybe Head cheerleader but not HC. Igor is running timeouts & calling plays. Hunter is in the back of the huddle watching. Zero credit so far goes to Lindsey.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Barkley has been critical of the Suns ever since he demanded he be traded. I am still not sold on Hunter but this team needed a change and maybe it was time to clean house ala Cardinals and start with a whole new look.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Exactly how is Hunter doing the job as HC? Maybe Head cheerleader but not HC. Igor is running timeouts & calling plays. Hunter is in the back of the huddle watching. Zero credit so far goes to Lindsey.
OK, so it is a committee of coaches, with Hunter specializing on the defense and Kokoskov on the offense. And Hunter doing the post-game conferences and facing the Press.

It may or may not be the best move for a full season, but on an interim basis for the rest of this season, it is not a bad idea, especially with the Suns defense needing the most work.

Losing games in the 4th quarter, as we have been doing all season, doesn't change by trading baskets offensively. Playing good basketball requires a shut-down defense and, in the first two games of the new regime, it has worked.

Saying that zero credit so far goes to Lindsey continues the age-old criticism of the Suns as well as some posters on this board -- looking only at offense and forgetting about the other half of the game.

Phranklin

Reaction score
If we had our female announcer mixed with some Sir Charles doing our local broadcast, I would have to watch every game. That would be awesome.

Will you settle for Charles on sex change drugs? Dat broadcast last night...SMH.

Errntknght

Reaction score

A head coach that can delegate... what a great idea. I'm liking Hunter more and more every day!

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

How about ripping them for ruining our lottery position?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05