Based on their Age + Salary, Who should we look at to replace next season and how (cut/trade/other)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This also happened during Brady’s dominant stretch which I think changes the context a bit.
Of course.... Brady had the good fortune to be in the worst division in football for twenty years.... which really screwed Peyton manning

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Of course.... Brady had the good fortune to be in the worst division in football for twenty years.... which really screwed Peyton manning

The AFC South was pretty bad for a long time. I remember one fluke season by Tennessee where they went 14-2 with Kerry Collins. It wasn’t AFC East bad but bad nonetheless.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why are we talking about next year? We’re only 4 games into this season, which is going pretty good.
I think as Cards fans, we are not used to being this good so early in the season (2012 was a fluke, see: Kolb) so we want to start counting our beans per se and see how long this can be sustained (at least how I interpret this thread). In the same vein as "why can't we have nice things".... well we finally see it coming to fruition... so how long can this last?

PS: also, cool screen name lol. I'm originally from Fairfax VA but live in SD now. Good to see some representation in the NOVA area (I know @cardsfanmd is out there too)

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Hopkins is signed through 2024, however Humphries is only good through 2022 and the team has an out option on Humphries contract after this season with only a $4.33 million cap hit for 2022. Pugh's contract is also up after 2022. Jones is good through 2023 however if he works out as a quality player then the team probably needs to extend him in 2022. Hudson is also good through 2023 but will be 35 going into 2024. J. Murray and Beachum are also up after 2022 so it seems the team is going to have to make a lot of decisions on the entire Oline in 2022/2023 as all of their contracts are either expiring after 2022 or will be going into there last yer in 2023.

On top of this is the fact that K. Murray is in the last year of his contract in 2022 and you now have a situation where you are going to either be needing a ton of money to either extend contracts or sign FAs to fill a lot of holes in the Oline and resign your QB after next season. Humphries, Pugh, Beachum and J. Murray are all due after 2022.

Your RB group is also empty after this season.

Is there another Jones I should be aware of? Because Chandler Jones is a FA after this season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy