Be very careful what you believe.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Competent coaching that knows how to gameplan and develop players.

Exactly. We lost games last year because of our poor coaching. With a competent coaching staff - last year's squad with the same defensive scheme from the previous season (before the boneheaded change) and the exact same offensive players would have been much better and we wouldn't be sitting here debating over a QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually believe that KK was hired based on his plan of drafting Murray to develop his NFL version of the Air Raid Offense. I think Murray was his man all along starting from recruiting him in College. Now he has the chance to make it happen with his favorite QB. If he has to try and develop Rosen it will be forced and probably won’t work.
I starting to believe this. Could it be the real reason he chose the Cardinals over the Jets?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’ll take fun to watch and mediocre over boring and mediocre any day.
I actually enjoyed the Jake Plummer days!

Honest question, and I don't mean this judgmentally.

Would you have rather watched that game earlier this season where the Chiefs lost to the Rams as a Chiefs fan, or watched the Super Bowl where the Patriots beat the Rams as a Pats fan?

Fine, fun, throw up the highest scoring game of all time, but when Kurt Warner and the Cards did that in the 2009 playoffs only to get shredded in a completely non-competitive Saints game that led him to retire, I had no "fun."

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh...I thought he measured 5’10 1/8” at the combine. Maybe they made a mistake or maybe he paid them off to make it an inch taller!

The measurements at NFL combine and pro day rarely match according to a prominent NFL GM whose name escapes me at the moment. I stated the name in another post right after he said it but I’m forgetting. He couldn’t explain why but stated he definitely could’ve got a favorable measurement and was looking forward to his pro day measurement.

As an example Greedy Williams measured more than a full inch shorter at his pro day as compared to the combine...

Now we all know why Murray ducked being re measured that 5’10” which is questionable is the best he was gonna get.

Reactions: Kai

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
The best/most important drill/measurement at the combine is the 3 come drill

/shane

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
The measurements at NFL combine and pro day rarely match according to a prominent NFL GM whose name escapes me at the moment. I stated the name in another post right after he said it but I’m forgetting. He couldn’t explain why but stated he definitely could’ve got a favorable measurement and was looking forward to his pro day measurement.

As an example Greedy Williams measured more than a full inch shorter at his pro day as compared to the combine...

Now we all know why Murray ducked being re measured that 5’10” which is questionable is the best he was gonna get.

Yep I guess you’re right...he’s 5’9”.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
KYLER MURRAY
Height; 5-10 1/8
Weight: 207 pounds
Hand size: 9 1/2

RUSSELL WILSON
Height: 5-10 5/8
Weight: 204
Hand size: 10 1/4 inches

BAKER MAYFIELD
Height: 6’0 5/8
Weight: 215
Hand size: 9 1/4

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen is the QB you saw last year!
KK cannot miraculously make him better. If we stick with Rosen get ready for a replay of last year!
I say let’s see what Murray can do as a dynamic passing running threat.
and Quit getting hung up on 5’10”, it’s not that much shorter than others!
We stunk it up last year and Rosen did nothing to inspire hope.
Let me ask you this, Who have we picked up on offense to make you think it will suddenly be any better than last year?
I don’t want to suffer through another year of that miserable play! We are the laughing stock of the NFL!
Draft Murray and let’s light up this offense!
Go get your man KK!
I don't want a repeat of last yr either but Murray isn't 5'10" I don't care what he measured at the combine. He's more like 5'8". Saw the pictures of him standing beside Tua at the heisman ceremony, Tua is a legit 6'1". He looked like a midget next to him lol.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
KYLER MURRAY
Height; 5-10 1/8

RUSSELL WILSON

BAKER MAYFIELD

Wonder who’s faster?

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want a repeat of last yr either but Murray isn't 5'10" I don't care what he measured at the combine. He's more like 5'8". Saw the pictures of him standing beside Tua at the heisman ceremony, Tua is a legit 6'1". He looked like a midget next to him lol.

So at the combine with a lot of others watching, they cheat on measurements!...Hmm

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
So at the combine with a lot of others watching, they cheat on measurements!...Hmm

And a full 2”

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And a full 2”
I see what you're saying, I've read that there's a way to inflate height at the combine. I'm just saying by looking at the photos of him that I did, no way he's 5'10". I'm still sick from last season, I just want them to be good again as quickly as possible.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Clearly something isn’t on the up and up. Explain Greedys difference? And how an NFL GM says many times the measurements don’t match?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, I've read that there's a way to inflate height at the combine. I'm just saying by looking at the photos of him that I did, no way he's 5'10". I'm still sick from last season, I just want them to be good again as quickly as possible.
In a very silly way I guess I'm going to come to Kyler Murray's defense here, but many people are terrible at eyeballing height (or, uh, size down there, while we're at it).

A lot of that has a ton to do with perceptions of measurements we believe to be true. My best friend always insisted he was 6'1, and always judged height from there. Plus he was always looking down on everyone and not doing a very good job of noticing he had 2 more inches of forehead.

Last year he came in at 6'3 after being measured again, and everyone in his world grew a perceived 2-5 inches with him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
KYLER MURRAY
Height; 5-10 1/8

RUSSELL WILSON

BAKER MAYFIELD

It’s never been about his size for me. You only have one year of tape (and it’s elite tape) but it came in an ideal situation after learning the system for a year behind Baker. I’m a Murray fan but it’s a major concern. I don’t love the Russell Wilson comparison because the level of polish was evident right away (30+ college starts)... Pat Mahomes sat for a year behind a helpful starter and elite HC... Watson and Mayfield were 3+ year starters... But it can go both ways. Josh Rosen started 17 more games in college than Mitch Trubisky and had a worse rookie season in similar circumstances. In hindsight we should’ve kept McCoy even though something had to change after the Denver game.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s never been about his size for me. You only have one year of tape (and it’s elite tape) but it came in an ideal situation after learning the system for a year behind Baker. I’m a Murray fan but it’s a major concern. I don’t love the Russell Wilson comparison because the level of polish was evident right away (30+ college starts)... Pat Mahomes sat for a year behind a helpful starter and elite HC... Watson and Mayfield were 3+ year starters... But it can go both ways. Josh Rosen started 17 more games in college than Mitch Trubisky and had a worse rookie season in similar circumstances. In hindsight we should’ve kept McCoy even though something had to change after the Denver game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Yeah because looking at photos is accurate judge of height.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Murray was measured at 5'9 7/8s by OU.

I'm ok with that height.

Murray is a beast. Get used to the face of the franchise gents.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rosen is the QB you saw last year!

Cardcrazy, what was Rosen supposed to do with no blocking, no receivers getting open and horrible playcalling? What is any quarterback, let alone a rookie, supposed to do in that situation? Can you please tell me?

This is not at all said in a patronizing way, but in my opinion, you and many others are talking completely out of context, and you cannot do that. You need context to make fair judgements, both in football and in life in general. I don't know if you are doing the same with Murray, but I am inclined to think so.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardcrazy, what was Rosen supposed to do with no blocking, no receivers getting open and horrible playcalling? What is any quarterback, let alone a rookie, supposed to do in that situation? Can you please tell me?

This is not at all said in a patronizing way, but in my opinion, you and many others are talking completely out of context, and you cannot do that. You need context to make fair judgements, both in football and in life in general. I don't know if you are doing the same with Murray, but I am inclined to think so.
Ok lets talk about when he had time in the pocket
His stats has been below average also with clean pocket, he missed free receivers , several times he stare his eyes on just one player, overthrows, lack of accuracy even on screen passes, when he move outside the pocket is atrocious, i didn't see anything make me think he is a franchise qb

I mean he couldnt match Lamar Jackson numbers

Last edited:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Clearly something isn’t on the up and up. Explain Greedys difference? And how an NFL GM says many times the measurements don’t match?
That s easy to explain. I spent 20 years in the military and was measured twice a year every year and it could very as much as 2 inches difference from one time to another. That's just the nature of measuring height. One would think everything would be exactly the same but there are several variables that can make a difference. Depends on the instrument, who's operating the instrument, how your are standing, maybe even the light or if there is a full moon. Not sure about that last one but it sounded good.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Ok lets talk about when he had time in the pocket
His stats has been below average also with clean pocket, he missed free receivers , several times he stare his eyes on just one player, overthrows, lack of accuracy even on screen passes, when he move outside the pocket is atrocious, i didn't see anything make me think he is a franchise qb

I mean he couldnt match Lamar Jackson numbers

Agreed