Beasley arrested for possession of marijuana

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
http://www.arizonasports.com/41/165...ael-Beasley-arrested-for-marijuana-possession

The 24-year-old was arrested by Scottsdale PD early Tuesday morning for marijuana possession near Scottsdale and McCormick roads.

According to police, Beasley was stopped for a traffic violation and as the officer approached the vehicle he smelled marijuana emanating from within the car. A search of the driver's area recovered marijuana.

*******!!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Welp, there goes any chance of another team being willing to on his contract as part of a trade. (As small of a chance as that was in the first place.)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What does a player have to do in order for his team/ the league void his contract?
Wasn't Birdman suspended by the league fora year or two few years ago?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Beasley's equally as stupid off the court I see.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that totally sucks. Who's going to earn those ping pong balls for us now?

Steve

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes the Suns look worse than it does Beasley. He is just being who he was before the Suns acquired him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wasn't it discussed that there was some language in the contract about this very thing? That he would need to follow certain rules/guidelines in order to live up to the contract?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Wasn't it discussed that there was some language in the contract about this very thing? That he would need to follow certain rules/guidelines in order to live up to the contract?

There should be. I remember everybody involved in the signing swearing up and down how he was a changed man when he signed the contract. [Then a lot of :rolleyes: from everybody else.]

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe it was medicinal for that hurt pinky that ever so plagued him last year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well... I am shocked... betrayed... bewildered. Cant believe this is how it ends. A horrible season and more issues. Based on his track record I thought he would have worked out aces here. Can't blame Lance Blanks for trying, and that 3 year contract... totally worth it.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
It's going to take awhile to get the stink of Lance Blanks off this team.

This is just a reminder of that fact.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't blame him for trying? Sarcasm?

Sarcasm?! SARCASM?!?!?! How dare you! I for one cannot believe that a horrible player with drug issues turned out to be a horrible player with drug issues. Did you see his press conference when he signed! He totally promised he was a changed man. And Lance Blanks took his finger out of his nose and said "I believe in this kid".

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarcasm?! SARCASM?!?!?! How dare you! I for one cannot believe that a horrible player with drug issues turned out to be a horrible player with drug issues. Did you see his press conference when he signed! He totally promised he was a changed man. And Lance Blanks took his finger out of his nose and said "I believe in this kid".
"the system works?"

:)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Beasley will never play another minute for the Phoenix Suns.

Thank god. Thanks, Lance! The gift that just keeps giving.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Not sure if this is going to work, but this has to be the greatest ad placement in ASFN history...

Attachments

• Crying.pdf
    73.6 KB · Views: 59

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Beasley is stupid for smoking pot and even more of a moron for doing in his car where he could:
A. Easily end up hurting someone.
B. Easily get caught
C. Not watch the Big Lebowski

That being said, does this really change much of anything? While he has had issues in the past, this would be his first drug suspension so it will probably only be five games. And it is not as if this is going to change many people's opinion of his character. He is a lazy slacker who has completely wasted his potential.

He is probably still going to get playing time because we don't have anybody who is very good to play down low, except for Gortat whose foot is still hurting and Len who may not actually be any good and whose foot and ankle is still hurting. We have to put somebody over 6'9" on the floor and Plumlee and the Morris twins can't take up all the minutes.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Could the Suns possibly find a way to void his contract for this arrest or are they just stuck with it no matter what?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the main forum page, the headlines says

"Beasley arrested for" and the rest was cut off

It should read: "Impersonating a NBA Player"

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard Gambo on the radio. He says Beasley is not coming back to the Suns and the Suns were working on this before the incident happened. I guess a trade is completely off the table now. IMO, unless the Suns can void the contract or save some money somewhere, the best option is to buy him out completely rather than spread the contract over five years.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake