Bell calls Kobe pompous and arrogant

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I don't even know what you're disagreeing with. Kobe's a cheap player and he deserves it. Bell's just a moron for getting himself suspended.
What exactly don't you agree with?

Try to leave the little girly slap stuff off, ok Tiny?

You have changed, you are really quite the tool now....that sucks! Bell lost his cool, no different than KObe losing his and elbowing Raja in the jaw....the argument is who is in who's head.....because Raja is the one getting punished doesn't mean it's not the other way around.

You've done nothing but bash Sun's fans in just about every one of your posts on this series. This board was a better place when you were on your hiatus.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Who's bashing Suns fans? I think Bell F'd up, mentally. That's it.

Sure he did, but it's no different than Kobe doing the same and not getting punished. The suspension isn't the problem, it's deserved, the act was dumb....the double standard is what is getting to people.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I hope this starts a trend around the league for Kobe hatred. Just goes to show how he is respected around the league. Nobody would have called out Jordan like this

Don't curse on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Sure he did, but it's no different than Kobe doing the same and not getting punished. The suspension isn't the problem, it's deserved, the act was dumb....the double standard is what is getting to people.

I agree, that's why I said Kobe deserved it.

The guy who retaliates and gets busted for it, regardless of the sport... to me that's the mentally weaker player. And for him to come out after the fact and call Kobe arrogant just makes him look ridiculous.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I agree, that's why I said Kobe deserved it.

The guy who retaliates and gets busted for it, regardless of the sport... to me that's the mentally weaker player. And for him to come out after the fact and call Kobe arrogant just makes him look ridiculous.

The guy who gets caught is somehow the mentally weaker player? I don't get it....just because one guy gets away with it doesn't mean it is because he is mentally strong....it means he is either more sneaky or being favored.

The only thing ridiculous about Raja calling Kobe arrogant is that it is a well known fact, it would be like me telling you that grass is green....there is no need to state the obvious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reported comment, Raja Bell Concerning Kobe Bryant:

"I have no respect for him. I think he's a pompous, arrogant individual."

Well said Raja. It needed to be said. I'm glad someone had the guts enough to say it.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
I guess we'll see soon enough what the outcome will be.

Personally, I think Raja Bell showed more sack than the entire Toronto Raptors team put together... and then some. The NBA needs more ballers like Raja who will get up in your face and man you up. You think Kobe would score 81 on Raja?

Will Kobe be thinking about Raja's forearm shiver the next take he goes against him? You better believe it.

I love his competitiveness, and glad as hell he's a PHX Sun.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Except Walton's
I know I'm being repetitive here, but this is a ridiculous point and anyone who's being in the least bit objectoive can recognize that. You could at least make an argument that Walton was trying to play defense. I'm downright horrified that more Suns fans are not embarrassed by Raja Bell's actions last night. The whole episode was easily one of the most classless things I have ever seen on a basketball court.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for Burke to use some of those fouls and make them count against Kobe. Burke needs to go Lambeir on him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I know I'm being repetitive here, but this is a ridiculous point and anyone who's being in the least bit objectoive can recognize that. You could at least make an argument that Walton was trying to play defense. I'm downright horrified that more Suns fans are not embarrassed by Raja Bell's actions last night. The whole episode was easily one of the most classless things I have ever seen on a basketball court.

Embarassed? You're kidding, right?

Maybe you're not listening: Raja Bell should not have did what he did. A majority of people on here do not dispute that. Why do you think everyone does?

Was it classless? Not anymore so than what Kwame did or what Kobe had been already doing for some time. It's physical basketball--not much different than what a lot of teams do every single year in the playoffs. Ever seen Manu Ginobili play? Since you're saying that the Raja thing was one of the most classless things you've ever seen, I'd say that you have not seen Manu play.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
The guy who gets caught is somehow the mentally weaker player? I don't get it....just because one guy gets away with it doesn't mean it is because he is mentally strong....it means he is either more sneaky or being favored.

The only thing ridiculous about Raja calling Kobe arrogant is that it is a well known fact, it would be like me telling you that grass is green....there is no need to state the obvious.

Keeping your head and not retaliating is mentally tougher than spazing at midcourt. Call it sneaky, call it whatever, but Kobe's playing tomorrow and Bell isn't, because of his mental breakdown.
Calling a press conference to call Kobe arrogant just makes him look like a crybaby. About a 2 on the ol' mental-toughness-meter.

stompg

Registered
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

I agree with you on the part about Walton. And I certainly feel that Bell deserves to be suspended. But to call it classless is thinking of it in a very shortsighted way in my opinion. You see him take Kobe down in the middle of a game and think what a thug. But to the point, he was basically standing up for himself. Is it the right thing for the team, absolutely not. But when a bully continually picks on you, you have two choices. Continue to take the abuse and allow the bully to push you down. Or stand up for yourself. It may end up costing the Suns but Bell, for all intents and purposes, stood up and said "I will not allow you to beat me down any more". He is accepting the consequences of his actions for defending himself. To me, that isn't classless.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Embarassed? You're kidding, right?

Maybe you're not listening: Raja Bell should not have did what he did. A majority of people on here do not dispute that. Why do you think everyone does?

Was it classless? Not anymore so than what Kwame did or what Kobe had been already doing for some time. It's physical basketball--not much different than what a lot of teams do every single year in the playoffs. Ever seen Manu Ginobili play? Since you're saying that the Raja thing was one of the most classless things you've ever seen, I'd say that you have not seen Manu play.
And everyone here constantly ******* and moans when those guys do it and call them every name in the book. Yet when Raja Bell does it he is given a hero's welcome. It's laughingly hypocritical.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
And everyone here constantly ******* and moans when those guys do it and call them every name in the book. Yet when Raja Bell does it he is given a hero's welcome. It's laughingly hypocritical.

Did you read my post, Mao? I can't believe I'm having this arguement with a fellow UA fan... :(

There are very few people here who would disagree with you about what Raja did. What they are disagreeing with is the penalty.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Then you haven't...

1.) Played enough ball yourself.

2.) Watched enough ball.

Sorry, Mao. Hate to come down on you like this because you're pretty objective most of the time... but you're overreacting a bit here.

Walton made a play to foul TT. He didn't make a defensive play on the ball. The only play he made was on TT's shoulders. While in mid-air. Sadly, the only way Walton was going to get ejected was if TT broke a bone.

Embarassed? For what? Ask Bird, Ainge, McHale, Rambis, Iavoroni, or Laimbeer what they think, and they would laugh it off as a patty-cake.

Like I mentioned before, I have no problem with the suspension. It was obviously something Raja felt needed to be done, so he did it. Obviously, it came at a bad time... but life goes on.

I do have a problem with the crap no-call at the end of Game 4 (which was WAY more embarassing to the league). And, the double-standard set forth in regards to Kwame and Walton.

The refs FAILED to take control of the series early AND they've made piss-poor calls throughout (on both sides). The blame goes directly to the NBA front-office.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
stompg said:
I agree with you on the part about Walton. And I certainly feel that Bell deserves to be suspended. But to call it classless is thinking of it in a very shortsighted way in my opinion. You see him take Kobe down in the middle of a game and think what a thug. But to the point, he was basically standing up for himself. Is it the right thing for the team, absolutely not. But when a bully continually picks on you, you have two choices. Continue to take the abuse and allow the bully to push you down. Or stand up for yourself. It may end up costing the Suns but Bell, for all intents and purposes, stood up and said "I will not allow you to beat me down any more". He is accepting the consequences of his actions for defending himself. To me, that isn't classless.
Then foul a guy hard while he's going to the basket. What Bell did shows an absolute lack of control and a complete disregard for the consequences of his actions and what it means to his team.

That is arrogance.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bell should get suspendend but like in baseball, sometimes you have to "bean" someone on the other team. Good foul. Sends a message that we will not take it any more.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
I think Bell's actions will fire up the Suns. What happened to them after the cheap shots of Walton or Brown. I am pround to have Raja on our team. He just got tired of Kob's crap and let him have it. Glad to see him stand up to Kobe and call him out for the classless human being he is

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
RedStorm said:
Bell should get suspendend but like in baseball, sometimes you have to "bean" someone on the other team. Good foul. Sends a message that we will not take it any more.

Interesting take....

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
Reported comment, Raja Bell Concerning Kobe Bryant:

"I have no respect for him. I think he's a pompous, arrogant individual."

Well said Raja. It needed to be said. I'm glad someone had the guts enough to say it.
Raja only said that about Kobe after reporters continually goaded him into it and riled him up with numerous questions about the play. I could definately hear Raja getting pretty mad just talking about the situation over and over again.