BJ Ojulari tears ACL in practice

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its Zaven Collins szn baby. Maybe some of that cap space gets used on a trade or emergency signing? It sucks but almost every team is going to to lose guys like this, that's football. As long it doesnt happen to Kyler again we're fine.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What does history tell us of an edge guy’s ACL recovery? He might be toast.

I was really counting on this guy elevating his game this year.

This super sucks…
Hoping since it is being reported as a strain maybe he makes it on field for seventh game or second half of season?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gardeck/Collins as starters is pretty rough. Maybe waiting until the 5th round to address EDGE wasn't the most pragmatic idea.
I mean, after the first round(or even after the first 20 picks), you’re always throwing darts when it comes to EDGE.

And we clearly weren’t going to use that 4th pick on anyone else but Marv.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y’all this is like losing LJ Collier last season. It sucks, but there are a lot of C- pass rushers around.

Is this season relied on Beej being much more, we didn’t stand much of a chance.
I mean that’s great in theory if he came back as the exact player he was last year. But if he actually managed to elevate his game and was on track to actually be an impact player then that’s not really the case. Sadly we will never know now. But you can’t just Willy nilly say that’s what was gonna be just because.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean that’s great in theory if he came back as the exact player he was last year. But if he actually managed to elevate his game and was on track to actually be an impact player then that’s not really the case. Sadly we will never know now. But you can’t just Willy nilly say that’s what was gonna be just because.
You also can’t make the assumption that he was going to become an 8+ sack player.

It’s very sad if you’re a Beej fan. It’s kind of sad if you’re a Cardinals fan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this defense is atrocious, I really hope people don’t blame injuries when the team decided to basically bring back the same pass rushing unit while sitting on 35 million bucks of cap space.

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean, after the first round(or even after the first 20 picks), you’re always throwing darts when it comes to EDGE.

And we clearly weren’t going to use that 4th pick on anyone else but Marv.
After this defense had 1 sack in the last 6 games last season, and the FO ignored the position in free agency, it might have been worth it to throw a couple darts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sad for BJ's development as a player. I don't think this makes a huge difference to us as a team, or at least not one that can't be mostly mitigated.

The easy option is Ngakoue.
The long shot option is trade for Reddick. He cost the Jets a 3rd and he's still holding out because he doesn't like their offer.

But personally, I'd just drop the fantasy that Robinson is a DT, play him more at Edge, and let and already decently stocked DT room pick up the slack. Bring Ledbetter back to fill the hole.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a disaster. Might be the worst thing that could happen to the defense. Right now, Yannick Ngakoue is probably the closest to Ojulari on the free agent market. Carl Lawson is also worth taking a shot on.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If this defense is atrocious, I really hope people don’t blame injuries when the team decided to basically bring back the same pass rushing unit while sitting on 35 million bucks of cap space.
Arguably the most important position on a defense, and we completely passed on it in FA and the draft. Ridiculous, as it makes it harder to judge the rest of the D when we'll have to send 5+ to get any pressure, or just let teams pick us apart.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Arguably this is one of the hardest positions to get. It's not like good pass rushers are just growing on trees out there. The DC is going to have to draw up better pass rush schemes. Probably going to have to trade or pick up a cast off. Loading up on draft picks, they need to draft more of these guys.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
How many sacks and pressures did y’all have Beej pencilled in for? Honestly.
More than the one in the last six weeks we had as a team last season? Depending on timing in a game, a guy with 6 sacks for a season can impact in a few wins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05