Blake etc

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anybody confirm when the no call late hit happened? I'm curious if it was the one I thought, the 19-22 to 9-24 is pretty compelling evidence if it did.

I claimed Blake yesterday, today I find out this weeks' opponent apparently claimed him first. I don't understand why Yahoo doesn't tell you instantly when a player you claim has been claimed by someone else. The only thing I can think is I am ahead of him in points(we both won openers) and so he gets claiming priority because according to Yahoo, I claimed BLake first.

Looking at stats new orleans threw and ran the ball quite well against Seattle, they had a ton of penalties or else the game would have been different. I don't think we'll move as easily as we did against Detroit, but we should score some points again.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bobcat
Hey Russ!!! How do you like Erickson now???

Allan

I don't know how much was him and how much was how bad teh Bears are?

I still think the SF defense in the secondary is horrible, but they had a pass rush Sunday.

Either Garcia has me fooled or his back will be a problem eventually.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Russ you didn't answer my question!!!
I remember how you bad mouth him when they hired Erickson!!!

Allan

:confused:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Allan

I bad mouthed him as well.

I still don't like him. I think his Miami team was put together by Jimmy Johnson and I think his Seattle team was a waste of energy for that entire community.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Allan

I said I think he'll lose the team, I think he will. Basically this is Mariucci's team with TO in a salary drive. The defense is more aggressive, the offense is supposed to be but wasn't obvious Sunday because it wasn't needed.

Owens was going to be a problem no matter who they hired I won't fault Erickson if they lose him as a FA. But he's got major problems brewing with Hearst, Barlow and Beasley. They don't like platooning but Mooch made it work, I don't think Erickson is diplomatic enough to do it now.

And again, the Bears are bad, even the local papers are saying yeah we looked good, but the Bears are horrible.

Note, I'm not a huge Mooch fan either I think he gets credit for his hair or something. I just don't think Erickson was a great hire I think he comes in and fires guys up with "freedom" but you end up with an undisciplined team that implodes.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Before you open your mouth, don't you first think to know the guy!!!

Jimmy Johnson was handed a great team by Schenburger(SP).

Erickson Won a National Championship long after Johnson left the Miami. So please get your facts straight. Section 11.

Erickson has always been successful except at Seattle. Just look how bad The current coach at seattle did after Erickson left.

I hope that you are a better Architect than you are a judge of people. Because with your attitude you could have never worked for me.

Allan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Erickson Won a National Championship long after Johnson left the Miami. So please get your facts straight. Section 11.

Erickson has always been successful except at Seattle. Just look how bad The current coach at seattle did after Erickson left.

I hope that you are a better Architect than you are a judge of people. Because with your attitude you could have never worked for me.

Allan

Are you the guy's wife or best friend or something? You're taking it a little too personally. Coaches get criticized, fairly and unfairly. It's part of the gig.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Allan

Should we call you bobcat, allan, or Dennis' son?

Look if he's so good, defend him, tell us why, don't just tell us we're wrong.

I told you why I think it was a bad hire. I think anybody could coach at Miami at the time he got the job, and he caused the dropoff there because by the time he left the program was in such bad shape in terms of discipline they had to dig out from all the ooze he left behind.

Miami has had a bad rep for ages, for Erickson to make it worse shows you how low he'll go. And he went into Oregon State and did the same thing, recruited a bunch of kids with no academics and criminal records and figured nobody would care if he won games. I realize all college athletics to some degree is tainted by this but Erickson is one of those guys who does not care at all about this stuff. So the guy killed 4 guys in a driveby shooting, have you seen his 40 times?

I'm being facetious if you can't tell but the point is Erickson is a smarter Barry Switzer, he lets the inmates run the asylum until it's about to fall apart, and then he takes another job.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Allan

NC's in '87, '89, '91. Who's recruits were seniors in '91? Erickson's or Johnson's?

To go with your boy Erickson's DUI conviction, I'd add that he ran his teams with a gang mentallity, turning college atheletes into thugs.
While winning the Fiesta Bowl over ND with Oregon State, they racked up 174 yards in penalties, including multiple late hits. "You want to call those penalties? Fine. Look at the scoreboard. That tells you all you need to know." Now THAT's what I call character.

Anything else you need to know?

Bobcat

Reaction score
Russ you are a Putz!!!!!!!!!!!! You think that you run this board most of the people on this board are either teenagers or in their early 20's. Not much experience.

Erickson has always been a winner!!! it is very obvious you are a looser!!! If someone doesn't agree with you ,you then bad mouth that person; Russ I have been reading your bious (sp) remarks for over two years now. Isn't it about time you admit that you might be wrong about someone.

And Section 11 you have the never the nerve to talk about someones DUI. People like you who live in a glass house shouldn't throw any stones, tha is right Section 11. Gang mentality; football is a very violet game. Football players cannot be Choir Boys like you think they are. They are just people, like you and Me.

I started College with Erickson in 1965 and we have been good friends ever since. Played Baseball and Slow pitch softball with him. And Yes I do Know his wife.

Russ I expect that you will never admit that you are ever wrong. Hell Just look you have a potential super bowl team in San Fran. andf all you cal talk about is what is wrong with the Az. Card's. What a PUTZ.

Allan:mad: :wave:

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Played Baseball and Slow pitch softball with him.

I find it ironic that you used to play Beer League softball with Erickson.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Russ you are a Putz!!!!!!!!!!!! You think that you run this board most of the people on this board are either teenagers or in their early 20's. Not much experience.

Erickson has always been a winner!!! it is very obvious you are a looser!!! If someone doesn't agree with you ,you then bad mouth that person; Russ I have been reading your bious (sp) remarks for over two years now. Isn't it about time you admit that you might be wrong about someone.

And Section 11 you have the never the nerve to talk about someones DUI. People like you who live in a glass house shouldn't throw any stones, tha is right Section 11. Gang mentality; football is a very violet game. Football players cannot be Choir Boys like you think they are. They are just people, like you and Me.

I started College with Erickson in 1965 and we have been good friends ever since. Played Baseball and Slow pitch softball with him. And Yes I do Know his wife.

Russ I expect that you will never admit that you are ever wrong. Hell Just look you have a potential super bowl team in San Fran. andf all you cal talk about is what is wrong with the Az. Card's. What a PUTZ.

Can someone get this crap off the board!!

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

whoa there shirley!

I don't think Sect 11 and Russ have ever attacked you personally, only opinions. Why do you think that it's okay for you to toss the stone?

So what if you know the guy. I know someone who is good friends with Gruden. And he is perhaps the most critical of him.

This isn't the 7th grade and there not picking on the fat kid. They have OPINIONS that are just as valid as your OPINIONS.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that guy for real? Seriously, what's her problem?

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
Is that guy for real? Seriously, what's her problem?
I think Section 11 changed the blueprints to his new house to not have any right angles. Round as a donut.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
whoa there shirley!

I don't think Sect 11 and Russ have ever attacked you personally, only opinions. Why do you think that it's okay for you to toss the stone?

So what if you know the guy. I know someone who is good friends with Gruden. And he is perhaps the most critical of him.

This isn't the 7th grade and there not picking on the fat kid. They have OPINIONS that are just as valid as your OPINIONS.

In other words Lighten up Francis.....

I don't give two hoots about Erickson one way or another he is with an organization that tries it's best to win so if he loses then he'll prove Russ and 11's point if he wins he'll at least go a long way to proving Mr Erickson defender dudes point.

This reminds me of the time I got tickets to the Rams game when Johnny Roland was a coach there I went to college with his son. I was sitting next to the Rich Brooks wife and Chris Millers wife OMG now that is a hottie with a capital HHHHHHHHHH... She has been on HBO Real Sports btw talking about player concussions if you saw that then you saw her.

Now I don't care about the Rams and then they were terrible I think Elvis Grbac lit them up for like 55 points and during the game I made several loud comments about the horrifying nature of the Rams organization.... I of course did not know at the time I made those who I was sitting next too although less beer would have helped here because thinking back it was obvious the women were in physical pain from the beating the Rams were taking.

My long winded point was these people get paid a lot of money for what they do they sign up for this and to get all bent over someones comments seems silly to me it comes with the job.

BTW Mrs. Miller if Chris ever dumps you I'm sorry and I promise to make it up to you!!!!!! I'm ssoooooooooorryyyyyyyyy :D

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

I'm a Card fan, do I have to move to ARizona? Why would you expect me to be a 49er fan if you're reading a Cards board?

I don't think I run the board at all, I leave that to Skorp and co and I think they do a damn fine job.

I admit I'm wrong all the time, but one game against what I believe to be the worst team in the NFL doesn't prove me wrong.

So you're friends with the guy, and I'm the one who's got a bious(sic)?

I post a thread about Jeff Blake, you jump in ask about Erickson. I respond, you attack me for not answering your questions. So I got to the point with you. Erickson ran a dirty program at Miami, he ran a dirty program at Oregon State. He did ok at Seattle but couldn't get them over the top, I don't think he will with SF either and I'm not alone in thinking that.

And so you know I'm 37 so I'm not a teenager.

You still haven't explained why you think I'm wrong about what will happen at SF.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
Did anybody confirm when the no call late hit happened? I'm curious if it was the one I thought, the 19-22 to 9-24 is pretty compelling evidence if it did.

:confused: what is 19-22 to 9-24? Game time or something?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Blake etc

:confused: what is 19-22 to 9-24? Game time or something?

It's code so Bobcat can't understand me (-:

I counted off the play by play on NFL.com. If I have the right play, Blake was 19-22 on passes before the hit, and 9-24 after. He went 1-11 before finishing 8-13. We were wondering if maybe the hit and last weeks' concussion explain why he went from hotter than Chris Miller's wife, to colder than Robin Givens in such a short time frame.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

This is bunk. Ask John Junker from the Fiesta Bowl what he thinks of your pal Dennis. This dirtball completely humiliated Oregon State by putting together one of the most embarrassing group of convicts, as only Erickson can, and turned them loose in a manner completely out of the boundaries of collegiate athletics and what they are supposed to stand for.
I don't like Notre Dame any more than the next guy, but if you take an approach to the game that completely flys in the face of sportsmanship, unwritten rules of football and plain common decency, then you (Erickson) are a piece of crap. Be sure and tell him I said so.
I'm just going to refer to him as Col. Kurtz from now on if you don't mind.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Blake etc

Originally posted by Russ Smith
I counted off the play by play on NFL.com. If I have the right play, Blake was 19-22 on passes before the hit, and 9-24 after. He went 1-11 before finishing 8-13. We were wondering if maybe the hit and last weeks' concussion explain why he went from hotter than Chris Miller's wife, to colder than Robin Givens in such a short time frame.

:lmao: meum slowum todayum.

Wow, I didn't know he threw 46 times!

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Blake etc

:lmao: meum slowum todayum.

Wow, I didn't know he threw 46 times!

28-46 according to NFL.com 7.9 yards per attempt.

at one point by my count he was 19-22 for about 275 yards and 3 td's, those are pre lobotomy Kurt Warner stats.

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
This is bunk. Ask John Junker from the Fiesta Bowl what he thinks of your pal Dennis. This dirtball completely humiliated Oregon State by putting together one of the most embarrassing group of convicts, as only Erickson can, and turned them loose in a manner completely out of the boundaries of collegiate athletics and what they are supposed to stand for.
I don't like Notre Dame any more than the next guy, but if you take an approach to the game that completely flys in the face of sportsmanship, unwritten rules of football and plain common decency, then you (Erickson) are a piece of crap. Be sure and tell him I said so.
I'm just going to refer to him as Col. Kurtz from now on if you don't mind.
Col. Kurtz....nice touch.

I don't know if you remember, but Denny was mentioned as a possible replacement for one of the LA schools before taking the OSU job. His wife was the one that nixed the idea as she was concerned he couldn't control his cocktailing in a large metro area. Beaverville looked a whole lot safer than tinsel town.

Since they are such good buddies, maybe Bob can shed some light on that for us. Personally, I think Bob may have been tossing a few back with Denny while writing some of those responses. Remember Bob, spell-check can be our friend.

Last edited: