Blake etc

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
what a classless reply VF :hulk:
Hey azdad your tagline supports that philosophy. I don't I was kidding man.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Hey azdad your tagline supports that philosophy. I don't I was kidding man.

The only way the Stanford team can get back at Ty is to schedule them at ND and beat their ass and embarassed them at their own turf. Then case close. :hulk:

Last edited:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All adults act childish at times. It doesn't make them classless.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
We actually met Bobcat after that he is Vince's Father.

Turned out to be a good guy, he must have been smoked when this thread occured. Believe me I know a little about that sort of thing.
Allan is a real cool guy - met him too.

We all have things that we are passionate about.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Ty is not classless where is the proof?
How to prove to the college football world that you're classless in six easy steps;

Step One: Recruit a bunch of high school players to your program.
Step Two: Leave said program.
Step Three: Meet those players four years later.
Step Four: Make a mockery of their Senior Day event.
Step Five: Attempt to run up the score on them via a fake punt with a 50 point lead.
Step Six: Deny everything, apologize for nothing.

"You f@#$ with the bull you get the horns."

I think it's funny that you collectively refer to your posts as "the bull."

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
This arguement is bordering on insane.

Think about it. A Nebraska and U of Miami fan calling out ND and its coach for be claseless and 'running up the score'.

:biglaugh:

All three schools are guilty as charged. All of them have been known to lack a little class in running up the score on teams.

Puhleaseeee!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Think about it. A Nebraska and U of Miami fan calling out ND and its coach for be claseless and 'running up the score'.

All three schools are guilty as charged. All of them have been known to lack a little class in running up the score on teams.

Puhleaseeee!
Exactly LVCARDFREAK look at scheduling ND had the toughest schedule in the land and Nebraska is scheduliing Troy St. and Utah St.!
Or what about the comment on recruiting kids then leaving the program College Coaches Do This All The Time! He just hates Ty and ND and he has nothing to back up that hate... so he is nitpicking and applying a double standard to Ty.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
He just hates Ty and ND and he has nothing to back up that hate... so he is nitpicking and applying a double standard to Ty.

There's no double standard. Ty is classless, and Notre Dame is irrelevant.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ND graduation rate 2003: 81%
NEB graduation rate 2003: 57%
MIA graduation rate 2003: 49%

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Puhleaseeee!

What Miami fan? Not me. I just think Willingham is over rated and was just another bad hire for Notre Dame in a long run of bad hires beginning with Devine, that guy from Moellner High School, Bob Davies, etc.

Miami leads the pack in not covering the spread. The rule in Miami is , "don't bet the spread, when Miami is favored by 20 ". So that invalidates the common misconception, that Miami runs it up. :eek:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
What Miami fan? Not me. I just think Willingham is over rated and was just another bad hire for Notre Dame in a long run of bad hires beginning with Devine, that guy from Moellner High School, Bob Davies, etc.

Miami leads the pack in not covering the spread. The rule in Miami is , "don't bet the spread, when Miami is favored by 20 ". So that invalidates the common misconception, that Miami runs it up. :eek:

Bro, your talking to someone in Vegas here. I have the stats for you:

Breakdown: 08/01/1990 to 12/31/2003

Overall home record:

Wins Losses Ties

75 (87.2%) 11 (12.8%) 0 (0.0%)

ATS Home record

37 (46.8%) 42 (53.2%) 0 (0.0%)

ATS as a Home Favorite < 20 points

33 (46.5%) 38 (53.5%) 0 (0.0%)

So these numbers would seem to support your claim that Miami doesnt run up the score (overall ) But it appears that it has nothing to do with a 20 point spread as their record as a favorite and as a favorite by more than 20 are nearly identical.

And to take it one step further, here is Miami's complete line for all games between 8/01/1990 to 12/31/2003

Team Points 5340 Opp Points 2447 Point Diff 2893 Team Points 34.23 Opp 15.69 Point Diff 18.54 Team Line

Additionally when favored against the 'weak schools' by a margin of 30 points or more, their record gets worse:

Home Favorite <30

Wins Losses Ties
14 (34.1%) 27 (65.9%) 0 (0.0%)

I dont think it means Miami doesnt run up the score, but overall, against the spread they do not cover very well regardless the number.

Take what you want from these numbers..... :thumbup:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Covering the spread has nothing to do with college or pro football as soon as someone refers to the spread in their arguements their arguement can be ignored. The spread has nothing to do with the reality of teams and games it is an imaginary number made up by gamblers for gambling purposes.

Comparing a guy who took an Academic School in Stanford to Bowl games to a HS coach? That is ludicrous. Name the coaches ND could have hired instead of Ty who were available to come (and willing to come remember a lot of coaches cannot take the pressure of coaching at ND)! He was super qualified for the ND job and willing to take it on! This smells of something fishy to me. BTW his first season was better then what Faust or Davie did.

Next.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well, a light hearted discussion just turned into a lecture by a self ordained expert.

So, everything the rest of us said is ludicrous and has nothing to do with football.

Throw on top the now to be expected ritualistic helping of racial accusations and it gets real frigging boring.

HANFDBB

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Bro, your talking to someone in Vegas here. I have the stats for you:

Breakdown: 08/01/1990 to 12/31/2003

Overall home record:

Wins Losses Ties

75 (87.2%) 11 (12.8%) 0 (0.0%)

ATS Home record

37 (46.8%) 42 (53.2%) 0 (0.0%)

ATS as a Home Favorite < 20 points

33 (46.5%) 38 (53.5%) 0 (0.0%)

So these numbers would seem to support your claim that Miami doesnt run up the score (overall ) But it appears that it has nothing to do with a 20 point spread as their record as a favorite and as a favorite by more than 20 are nearly identical.

And to take it one step further, here is Miami's complete line for all games between 8/01/1990 to 12/31/2003

Team Points 5340 Opp Points 2447 Point Diff 2893 Team Points 34.23 Opp 15.69 Point Diff 18.54 Team Line

Additionally when favored against the 'weak schools' by a margin of 30 points or more, their record gets worse:

Home Favorite <30

Wins Losses Ties
14 (34.1%) 27 (65.9%) 0 (0.0%)

I dont think it means Miami doesnt run up the score, but overall, against the spread they do not cover very well regardless the number.

Take what you want from these numbers..... :thumbup:

Too many numbers for me to digest. I will take your word for it :thumbup:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That fishy smell might be from the Mrs. Paul's fishsticks Ty had for dinner last night. If you get away from his derriere for a bit, the smell won't be so strong. :eek:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
He was super qualified for the ND job and willing to take it on! This smells of something fishy to me. BTW his first season was better then what Faust or Davie did.

Next.
I guess "next" would be the inevitable red pen to your latest effort.

Davie, in all of his ineptitude, only lost 25 games in five years. That's five losses per year. Ty's on pace for, get this... five losses per year.

As far as their first seasons go;

"Davie’s first season with the Irish in 1997 produced a turnaround unlike anything seen in the history of Notre Dame football. After a 1-4 start, Davie saw his Irish win six of their last regular-season games, including five straight to end the regular season, to earn an Independence Bowl invitation. Highlighting that streak were back-to-back wins over 11th-ranked LSU (in which Notre Dame for the first time in history played a game without either a turnover or a penalty) and 22nd-rated West Virginia - for the first back-to-back wins over ranked opponents since ’92.
Notre Dame’s appearance in the Independence Bowl gave Davie the distinction of being the only first-year Irish head coach to lead the school to a bowl game. Davie also became the first coach since Devine in 1975 to lead the Irish to a winning record in his first year in charge of the Irish program."

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Covering the spread has nothing to do with college or pro football as soon as someone refers to the spread in their arguements their arguement can be ignored. The spread has nothing to do with the reality of teams and games it is an imaginary number made up by gamblers for gambling purposes.

Comparing a guy who took an Academic School in Stanford to Bowl games to a HS coach? That is ludicrous. Name the coaches ND could have hired instead of Ty who were available to come (and willing to come remember a lot of coaches cannot take the pressure of coaching at ND)! He was super qualified for the ND job and willing to take it on! This smells of something fishy to me. BTW his first season was better then what Faust or Davie did.

Next.

You seem like a person who is very worried about not being smart enough so you try to over compensate and it comes off very boring.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
At least Davie had the class to let Seniors have their Senior Day in peace, like (nearly) every other coach in America would.:thumbup:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
so far away said:
You seem like a person who is very worried about not being smart enough so you try to over compensate and it comes off very boring.
Uh don't worry about the style worry about the content prove my facts wrong. I always f@#% the prom queen.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Uh don't worry about the style worry about the content prove my facts wrong.
What facts?

Notre Shame running through a senior day program full of senior that Willingham recruited, then running up the score on them, then denying it... those are facts.

You responded with... "tough tittie." Fine job.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Uh don't worry about the style worry about the content prove my facts wrong. I always f@#% the prom queen.

f@#% the prom queen? My buddy's mom was a prom queen, so that would make you a ....................

Mother f@#%er.

Ta da.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
f@#% the prom queen? My buddy's mom was a prom queen, so that would make you a ....................

VF: prove it where is the proof there is none. ha ha i win. (runs away giggling like a spaz)

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

Typing something on a message board doesn't make it a fact. I'm not worried about your style, but you should be. I could care less about ND football or who coaches there, especially if you're talking about it. I doubt you've ever MET the prom queen.