Blazers at Suns 9:00ET FSN AZ

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Shaquille O'Neal has accomplished enough in his career that he will go down as one of the best big men ever to play the game. Greg Oden is considered to have that kind of potential.The two centers meet for the first time Saturday night when O'Neal and the Phoenix Suns look to beat Oden's Portland Trail Blazers for the 11th straight meeting.O'Neal, the top overall pick in the 1992 draft, has played on four different NBA championship teams and has been named to the All-Star team 14 times. Although he is in the twilight of his career, he is still the second-leading scorer for Phoenix (8-5) this year with 15.1 points per game.

Oden, the No. 1 draft pick in 2007, is in his rookie season after sitting out last season because of microfracture surgery. He sprained his ankle in the season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers, and missed the next six games, including a 107-96 loss at Phoenix on Nov. 1.

How the 7-foot, 285-pound Oden fares against the 7-foot-1, 325-pound O'Neal should go a long way toward deciding this matchup. O'Neal scored 16 points as Phoenix placed all five starters in double figures and shot 55.1 percent (38-of-69) in the win over Portland (8-5) earlier this month.Oden started the season opener, but has come off the bench in his six games since returning to action. He's averaging 9.7 points and 6.8 rebounds.Phoenix hasn't lost to Portland since a 111-101 defeat on March 12, 2006.The Suns are trying to avoid losing three straight for the first time this season. They were thoroughly outplayed Thursday in a 105-92 loss to the Lakers.

Amare Stoudemire scored 21 points and O'Neal added 15 and nine rebounds for Phoenix, which made 6-of-18 3-pointers."We're not really shooting the ball well," O'Neal said about the Suns, who fell to 3-3 at home. "When the jumpers aren't falling you've just got to put it on the floor and take it to the floor and just mix it up a little bit. We just have to fight back and keep it going."Stoudemire is averaging 26.7 points and 9.0 rebounds in his last three games. He had 23 points and 13 rebounds in the first meeting with the Trail Blazers.

Portland has posted blowout wins in its last two games, 116-74 over Chicago on Wednesday and 117-96 at Sacramento on Friday -- also the first two times this season it has shot over 50 percent. The Trail Blazers shot 50.6 percent on Wednesday and 55.6 percent on Friday.Steve Blake made six 3-pointers and led six Portland players in double figures at Sacramento. LaMarcus Aldridge scored 19 and was the only Blazer to log more than 30 minutes, giving them enough rest to get ready for Saturday's game.

"I've had lots of rest the last two games," said Portland guard Brandon Roy, who scored 16 points in 27 minutes Friday, failing to reach the 20-point mark for the first time in eight games.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=281122021

zweistein

Reaction score
Hi. I come fram Slovenia and I am because of that Dragič fan. Today, this game will be on TV in Slovenia (first Suns game this year), and I am going to watch a game at 3.00 AM. I hope that Dragič will be second playmaker in this game again, and grab a chance. When he played in Europe, everybody is saying that he must go to NBA. And Phoenix was perfect team for his style of game, until new "manager" comes. He could be great player in D'Antoni's style, but now (i don't now what happened with his shooting percent, expeccially inside scoring, where he was gorgeous in previously club, Union Olimpija, he was very good counter-atack blocker, too)...

I think that Portland have similar team.
Oden-O'Neal
Aldridge-Stoudemire
Rudy-Barbosa
Roy-Nash
Outlaw-Diaw
and this would be close game, i think.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I come fram Slovenia and I am because of that Dragič fan. Today, this game will be on TV in Slovenia (first Suns game this year), and I am going to watch a game at 3.00 AM. I hope that Dragič will be second playmaker in this game again, and grab a chance. When he played in Europe, everybody is saying that he must go to NBA. And Phoenix was perfect team for his style of game, until new "manager" comes. He could be great player in D'Antoni's style, but now (i don't now what happened with his shooting percent, expeccially inside scoring, where he was gorgeous in previously club, Union Olimpija, he was very good counter-atack blocker, too)...

Oden-O'Neal
Aldridge-Stoudemire
Rudy-Barbosa
Roy-Nash
Outlaw-Diaw

I didn't even think about that. Maybe he's just like a Nash, Steve seems to be struggling too with the new system.

cly2tw

Reaction score

Oden-O'Neal
Aldridge-Stoudemire
Rudy-Barbosa
Roy-Nash
Outlaw-Diaw

NBA players particularly PGs are a lot faster and the defensive team concept on the Suns is still evolving. He showed great vision on both sides of the court, but needs to work on staying with those quick PGs on defense better and have more confidence in this shots and decision making on offense. He'll be fine in NBA, even if not with the Suns.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
And Phoenix was perfect team for his style of game, until new "manager" comes. He could be great player in D'Antoni's style, but now (i don't now what happened with his shooting percent, expeccially inside scoring, where he was gorgeous in previously club, Union Olimpija, he was very good counter-atack blocker, too)...
I heard he is a good player in the open court through DraftExpress. I think he is in the smae situation as Sergio Rodriguez as of right now, he can't play in a half-court situation either. But Dragic would have never touched the floor with D'Antoni.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns beat the blazers and I hope you have a fun time watching the suns tonight zweistein hopefully they provide a win for you :), should be fun watching shaq vs oden I think shaq will get the best of oden tonight though but this will be a high scoring game.

Suns 116

Blazers 107

Leading Scorer Shaq 23 pts 13 boards

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
watching basketball in chinese is interesting, but this feed's quality is awesome lol...

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
i thnink it's good that Porter is trying the combination of Barnes and Hill as the SG and SF respectively.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nash with 4 quick turnovers already.

Amare, 2-7
The guy has been soft as a cupcake for the past couple weeks. Now, he is just focing up shots. I really really hope this isn't a trend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake