Boldin Injury Watch

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
1-14 (11:45 AM) - Boldin is suited up in full gear and pads for the practice today. Whether that be on a Limited basis or Full Basis we will have to wait another 2-3 hours. So he will practice today unlike last weeks DNP (did not practice)

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really think Q will be a big factor in this game. He's been waiting a long time for this opportunity, especially in front our crazy home crowd. Couple that with his poor game against the eagles earlier this year and I think were in for a show.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
SWEET! Hopefully he will be feeling good come Sunday! :D

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
YES, unlike Carolina I believe Philly will decide to do whatever it takes to slow down Fitz.

So far I've heard they will do the following to limit #11; each corner will wear 4 inch lifts to minimize height differential, safeties are installing springs in shoes to increase vertical, infiltrate locker room and replace his "stickum" gloves with new gloves made by WD40, and finally all Philly fans will be given those little laser deals to point at Larry's eyes while his running his route.

These tactics will surely open up things for the Q who can then surpass Larry's record setting week against Carolina.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really think Q will be a big factor in this game. He's been waiting a long time for this opportunity, especially in front our crazy home crowd. Couple that with his poor game against the eagles earlier this year and I think were in for a show.
I sure hope so, because the iggles probably have the best secondary in the NFL. The guys who are gonna have to have the games of their lives this week are Breaston, Urban, James/Hightower/Arrington and Doucet (if activated). JJ really has some making up to do IMO for that embarrassing play last week when he let Peppers tackle him from the ground. Honestly, I could have evaded that and atleast gotten back to the LOS.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
YES, unlike Carolina I believe Philly will decide to do whatever it takes to slow down Fitz.

So far I've heard they will do the following to limit #11; each corner will wear 4 inch lifts to minimize height differential, safeties are installing springs in shoes to increase vertical, infiltrate locker room and replace his "stickum" gloves with new gloves made by WD40, and finally all Philly fans will be given those little laser deals to point at Larry's eyes while his running his route.

These tactics will surely open up things for the Q who can then surpass Larry's record setting week against Carolina.
You guys going to the game ned to get some of those for McNabb.:D

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be a very physical game so we definately need Boldin. I want to see him jawing with Dawkins and answering his cheap shots.

Watch Dawkins spear people with the helmet. Does it all the time and rarely called for it.

This will be a war.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so, because the iggles probably have the best secondary in the NFL. The guys who are gonna have to have the games of their lives this week are Breaston, Urban, James/Hightower/Arrington and Doucet (if activated). JJ really has some making up to do IMO for that embarrassing play last week when he let Peppers tackle him from the ground. Honestly, I could have evaded that and atleast gotten back to the LOS.
I was going to post something about if your woman said you could, but I won't.

;)

You must be registered for see images

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This will be a very physical game so we definately need Boldin. I want to see him jawing with Dawkins and answering his cheap shots.

Watch Dawkins spear people with the helmet. Does it all the time and rarely called for it.

This will be a war.

I can't stand Dawkins. I hope somebody on the Cardinals knocks Dawkins block off in the game Sunday. It seems he is always out trying to hurt somebody.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Just heard an update on KTAR 620:

Boldin participated (but limited) in practice today (Q was in pads)

Boldin talked to reporters afterwards and said:

"I'm feeling better" and said he would play on Sunday

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
Per Urban's blog re: Boldin:

He said that right now, "I don't see any hinderances" to his play against Philadelphia this weekend.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
From Espn:
Boldin plans to play against Eagles

Comment Email Print
Associated Press

NFC West blog

You must be registered for see images attach

ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.Blog network: NFL Nation

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona receiver Anquan Boldin practiced Wednesday, and says he will play in Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Boldin, who with Larry Fitzgerald forms arguably the best receiving tandem in football, said a trip to a Dallas chiropractor has greatly improved his strained left hamstring. The injury kept Boldin out of the Cardinals' 33-13 victory at Carolina in Saturday's divisional playoff game.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3833132

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin practiced Wednesday, and says he will play in Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Boldin, who with Larry Fitzgerald forms arguably the best receiving tandem in football, said a trip to a Dallas chiropractor has greatly improved his strained left hamstring. The injury kept Boldin out of the Cardinals' 33-13 victory at Carolina in Saturday's divisional playoff game.

"I'll be out there Sunday," he said after practice.

Boldin said he was able to participate in all phases of practice, but in shorter spurts than normal.

He said he expected to be "real effective" in what would be the biggest game of his career.

"I don't see there being any problems, no hindrances or anything like that," Boldin said. "I'll just be myself and resume my regular role."

Coach Ken Whisenhunt held out final judgment on Boldin's status until he sees how the receiver does as the week progresses, but the coach was optimistic.

"If he continues to progress like we think he is, I have no doubts he would play," Whisenhunt said.

Boldin injured his hamstring on a 71-yard touchdown pass from Kurt Warner in the second quarter of Arizona's 30-24 wild card playoff victory over Atlanta. He tested the hamstring before the Carolina game and said he would have played if the team's medical staff had let him.

"Would it have been the smartest thing in the world? No," Boldin said, "but that's just me wanting to be on the field."

Boldin said the hamstring problem turned out to be related to a hip injury that sidelined him for three games last season.

"I thought it was just a hamstring but the way that my body responded told me that it was something different," Boldin said.

He flew to Dallas on Monday for treatment from chiropractor Robert Parker, whose patients include Boldin's former teammate Emmitt Smith. As Boldin explained, the earlier injury affected the muscles around the hip and eventually led to the hamstring problem.

"Muscles shut off, muscles around it worked extra hard," Boldin said. "...Correcting that and getting everything flowing the way it's supposed to helped out a lot. He told me once he set it straight it would be fine."

Boldin said he would do "as much as they allow me to" in practice this week.

"We're just playing it by ear right now," he said. "We're going to be smart about it because the ultimate goal is to play on Sunday."

He scoffed at any suggested that his participation would be limited.

"If I'm out there," Boldin said, "I'm out there."

Boldin caught 89 passes for 1,038 yards and 11 touchdowns in the regular season, despite missing four games with injuries.

His facial bones were fractured on a brutal hit from the New York Jets' Eric Smith on Sept. 28. Smith was fined $50,000 and suspended a game because of the hit, although Boldin that it was "just football."

Boldin had seven plates and more than 40 screws inserted to repair the damage. Still, he missed only two games.

Such experiences make him grateful to be back.

"I'm thankful for every day I step out on the field," he said. "I've had a number of injuries that probably could have been career ending, but I've been given a second chance. Every time I step out I think of that."

He also cherishes another shot at the Eagles, because he felt he didn't play well in Philadelphia's 48-20 Thanksgiving night rout of Arizona.

"It's rare you get a second chance at anything," Boldin said, "so I'll make the most of it Sunday."

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

This will be a war.

Dawkins definitely should have been called for his hit on Derrick Ward early in the Giants game. It was both late and helmet to helmet. The official swallowed his whistle on that one. Ward was extremely upset and justifiably so IMO.

Dawkins is border line late on a lot of his hits. He's the definition of cheapshot. Let's see if the refs have the intestinal fortitude to call something on him this Sunday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Boldin's "I deserve a new contract even though I'm perpetually injured" ass is gonna be on the field, we better not see a re-run of his pathetic performance against the Eagles the first time we played them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05