Boozer signs offer sheet with Jazz

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How do you even conceive that would EVER happen? 3-team trades are rare enough as it is, but one involving 7 players and 17.3 million dollars?

Santa Claus isn't real either.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Best ... trade proposal ... ever. :thumbup:

I'm still laughing about it more than a minute later. I love the creativity!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
slinslin said:
3 team deals are rare???

And actually it involves just 4 contracts.

When was the last 3 team deal. We hear a lot about teams trying to find a third team, but how often does it happen?

You really need to get your head out of the gutter slin. Why don't you pick another center to gush about and for who you'd love to trade Marion for?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
When was the last 3 team deal. We hear a lot about teams trying to find a third team, but how often does it happen?

You really need to get your head out of the gutter slin. Why don't you pick another center to gush about and for who you'd love to trade Marion for?

Brad Miller to Sac, Pollard to Indiana, Hedo to SA for example...

The basic idea is just to trade Eisley and that Chicago pick plus Milos and maybe Zarko to Atlanta. They are like 24M$ under the cap with nobody really on the horizon that they will sign.

That would give us enough caproom to resign McDyess and sign another cheap FA to replace Zarko.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
slinslin said:
I don't think that was done at the same time. It was to seperate trades from what I remember. I could be wrong.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
slinslin said:

The basic idea is just to trade Eisley and that Chicago pick plus Milos and maybe Zarko to Atlanta. They are like 24M$ under the cap with nobody really on the horizon that they will sign.

That would give us enough caproom to resign McDyess and sign another cheap FA to replace Zarko.

Then why not just trade with Atlanta?

sunsfn

Reaction score
slinslin said:
This is a bit more complicated

Phoenix gets
Diop
~4M$ caproom to resign McDyess

Phoenix trades
Eisley
Vroman
Chicago pick
3M$ cash
Milos

Atlanta trades
11.3M$ caproom

Atlanta gets
Kedrick Brown
Dajuan Wagner
6M$ cash
Chicago pick
Milos
Eisley

Cleveland trades
Diop
Brown
Wagner
3M$ cash

Cleveland gets
Jackson Vroman
~8M$ caproom

Phoenix
McDyess/Voshkul/Diop
Amare/Lampe
Marion/Zarko
JJ/Q/Jacobsen
Nash/Barbosa

Atlanta

Przybilla/Collier
Henderson/Crawford
Childress/Smith/Smith
Wagner/Diaw/Brown
Terry/Eisley

+ Milos and Chicagos pick and ~11M$ caproom left

Cleveland
Z/Battie
Boozer/Vroman
James/Newble
Jackson/Pavlovic
McInnis/Ollie

Key words to this post.....
(((This is a bit more complicated)))

:hairraise :hairraise :hairraise

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
How about we send Eisley the Chi pick and $3mil. to the Bobcats for Jahidi White.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
devilalum said:
How about we send Eisley the Chi pick and $3mil. to the Bobcats for Jahidi White.
Isn't there a rule that says a player can't be traded back or resigned to the team that lost him in the expansion draft??

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just heard rumors that Atlanta is willing to do Slin's deal if the Suns back off on their demands and instead accept a 3rd round draft pick in each of the next two years!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Isn't there a rule that says a player can't be traded back or resigned to the team that lost him in the expansion draft??

I don't know I was joking.

But in an ironic kind of way.

I remember back in the 80's it seemed like the Suns were always trading to get guys back that they traded away.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Back to the topic at hand..... Boozer's departure (possible departure) should be the end of Jim Paxson's career in Cleveland.... What a bonehead move

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I remember back in the 80's it seemed like the Suns were always trading to get guys back that they traded away.

Name one instance. You lost me on this one.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dave64 said:
I just heard rumors that Atlanta is willing to do Slin's deal if the Suns back off on their demands and instead accept a 3rd round draft pick in each of the next two years!

:thumbup: It's better when you don't add the smiley face. Makes people wonder if you're serious or not.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dave64 said:

Name one instance. You lost me on this one.

I'll have to look it up. I can't remember the names.

Wasn't Wesphal here a couple of times. A couple of more guys came back to finish their careers.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Back to the topic at hand..... Boozer's departure (possible departure) should be the end of Jim Paxson's career in Cleveland.... What a bonehead move

The news is that everyone agreed to let him out so they could re-sign him for more than if he did not. He & his agent agreed to do this. Now, he signs an offer with another team.

I agree Paxson is in trouble, but his agent might be in big trouble when it comes to dealing with other teams and other players from now on.

A post I read (can not remember where) quoted another agent that said if this happens Boozers agent will lose all credability.
:shrug:

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Ouch! Cleveland must be devastated.

Boy, I wonder how Boozer and his agent are going to explain this.

Why would he do this? Do you think maybe he doesn't like LeBron James? :shrug:

"He wants to spend more time with his family"

That one usually works.

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's better when you don't add the smiley face. Makes people wonder if you're serious or not.

You just summed up my life! LOL No smiley face this time.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I had the thought that there may be something going on here that we don't know about.

Maybe the Cavs promised one thing then changed their mind mid stream and Boozers agent simply went shopping. Or one of those situations where both sides will be pointing fingers tomorrow.

I hope the Cavs lose Boozer, it serves them right for the way they shamelessly tanked to get James.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the numbers are real, Boozer would be getting $28 million more than he would from the Cavs ($68 to $40).

I'm not sure the Cavs have any legal right to match the offer, since Boozer was a second round pick and the Cavs released him from his contract. Unless I'm missing something, this is a done deal.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

Actually quite often.

Sheed-trade (BOS, ATL, DET)

Van Horn-trade (MIL, ATL, NYK)

Sprewell-trade (MIN, PHI, NYK, ATL)

Miller-trade (IND, SAS, SAC)

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Multi-team deals are actually the only way a lot of deals can be done, due to the salary cap. It is unusual to have one as convoluted as Slin's, but not totally out of the question. The problem is that it is hard to predict what the other teams are thinking until something gets going.

When Sheed was traded from the Hawks to the Pistons, it was hard to see how the Hawks gained much since Sheed's contract would be expiring anyway. However, it turns out that they actually like some of the players they got like Sura and used last season as an extended tryout.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05