Boris Diaw is completely worthless.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
if his main plus is his playmaking ability, and hill is a great playmaker, why do we STILL suck when nash is out?

it's the coach.

he still doesn't get that most players need sets out of which to play if steve nash isn't creating. and i don't think coach d is flexible enough to add the sets necessary to take advantage of his player's skills. more and more i am down on coach d.

and boris is soft soft soft soft soft soft.

Yep, Boris is soft, but he was soft 2 years ago as well and still played very well. The more I watch him, the more it looks to me that D'Antoni wants him to be a shooter. Insane idea.

And you're absolutely right, our second unit is talented, but they need a coach who tells them what to do. We rarely run plays without Nash, we just jacking up jumpers, which is the sign of lack of coaching imo.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Boris is so talented. If only he was more aggressive. Thats why its so frustrating. We know what he's capable of. If he were to play and do the right things, we would be so much better. Passing on wide open layups makes me want to take a shovel and knock myself out. That kind of stuff can cost you games.

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Another great line tonight by Doris.

2 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists.

Way to earn that 9 million a year!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
He (totally dont know his name, but he usually has a segment late night after games, around 9:30ish) brought up diaws boxscore, explained how atrocious it was, and accused him of not being "emotionally invested" in his job. Then he said he was officially calling out boris diaw and his gameplay. He noted the date and time and told everyone to hold him to it.

He then accused the fans of not being emotionally invested, he said too many people were leaving with 4 minutes left in the game, and accused the majority of the fans in the lower level of not being emotionally invested.

He criticized our lack of attempts to penetrate and how we pretty much died by jacking up 3 pointers all night and the gross lack of rebounding.

Like many of us here, fans seem to be jaded by the blatant shortcomings of this team and how it seems inevitable that we are going to to be a good regular season team and fade in the playoffs.

the only good point he brought up was how much ass Skinner kicked. He was the only one that seemed "emotionally invested" and skinner also had a very good post game interview where he said the team is lacking the intangibles they need to be running smoothly. skinner said there are fixes and changes to be made, but added that they have everything needed inside the club to make it happen.

I say we need to can diaw asap before his value gets even lower. when I find myself blaming his ethnicity for his attitude and crappy playing, I know its wrong and Id rather see him move on than force myself to be unstereotypical.

Get it done Kerr!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I say if our FO can work some magic we may be able to get an entire s'more for him.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
accused the majority of the fans in the lower level of not being emotionally invested

There's a reason for this. Old people move to Phoenix to retire, play golf, and die. Something I plan to do in 40 years as well.

As for Diaw, man, remember in 05-06 when we were ridiculing the Hawks fans? Remember? That was great wasn't it? :bang:

Errntknght

Reaction score
As for Diaw, man, remember in 05-06 when we were ridiculing the Hawks fans? Remember? That was great wasn't it?

You would have to bring that up... I remember saying back then that I'd rather have Diaw than JJ...

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
D'Antoni called out Diaw this morning.
"He's got to pick it up," D'Antoni said before Wednesday's game. "If he plays 15 minutes, he's got to play 15 productive minutes, and then it could stretch in something. It's hard to say, 'OK, if I play 30, it'll be productive,' when the first 15 aren't. At some point, you've got to pull the plug, and that's what I'm doing. And give Brian Skinner credit, he's earned minutes and has played well.

"The only thing (Diaw) can do is play hard, and it'll work itself out. Whether it's the greatest thing in the world, I don't know. We'll see.

"But he can still be good. He has to do that. He can't back down."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1212sunsnotes1213.html

cly2tw

Reaction score

Boris seemed to have heard that calling, but not after somehow pissed off by Jazz players aggressive moves underneath! He was the usual self until Harpring pushed him off a couple of times for offensive rebounds and layups without officials' calls. Then, something kind of snapped at him and he became aggressive on the off. end. So, for the future, we need to put him into situations where he would get pissed off by aggressive plays of the opponents to light fire under his ass.:D

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Yeah im not impressed with his "flashes" of effort. I dont care if he zeros the entire boxscore as long as he looks like he wants to be on the court.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Diaw:
"I can't shoot without the ball. Other than that, it's the same. I won't be able to score as much. I won't be able to make plays, but it's OK. Other people make plays on the court."

Boris, can you shoot with the ball? That's all we ask.

How is Diaw supposed to improve if he doesn't understand what the problem is?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Diaw:
"I can't shoot without the ball. Other than that, it's the same. I won't be able to score as much. I won't be able to make plays, but it's OK. Other people make plays on the court."

Boris, can you shoot with the ball? That's all we ask.

How is Diaw supposed to improve if he doesn't understand what the problem is?

Whoah!

Where was that quote from?

If I was coach and someone said that on my team they'd be sitting next to Marcus Banks

Every time that frenchie opens his mouth is frustrates me to no end.

DUMP EM!