Both Keim And Wilks Should Be Unemployed By The End Of The Day

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking back, Keim is a horrible GM. I mean, when you can look and see that Rod Stinking Graves was better, that's bad. Aside from Rosen, Baker, Kirk, and maybe DJ(but I think his spirit is broken), this team has no immediate future. That's on Keim and BA. Wilks, oy. I've never seen a coach lose a locker room so quickly. That team looked demoralized last night and Wilks looked like a child seeing Algebra for the first time. And his presser last night was sad to watch. Same old song and dance. "We have to do better" yada yada yada. He's way, way in over his head. Michael Bidwill will gain a lot of respect if he admits his mistake and cuts bait.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude these fire the GM threads are getting old. He's not going anywhere.

The cardinals built a win now team based on vets for BA and they won. Might even have a ring had injuries not happened we will never know. Now all those vets are gone and we just got our QBOTF and a good young WR. The rebuild has begun and that's what it is.

As far as Wilks and McCoy everybody messes up it's how you react to those that will tell me what you are. If we suck this year go into next year with no change then yes something is wrong.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The cardinals built a win now team based on vets for BA and they won. Might even have a ring had injuries not happened we will never know. Now all those vets are gone and we just got our QBOTF and a good young WR. The rebuild has begun and that's what it is.

As far as Wilks and McCoy everybody messes up it's how you react to those that will tell me what you are. If we suck this year go into next year with no change then yes something is wrong.
I can live with a rebuild but if that’s the case you don’t throw your qbotf to the wolves. There is not one thing this GM did on the offensive side of the ball that can be deemed good. From the OC to the backup rb, o- line, te, and wr. NOTHING!

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don’t buy the this is a rebuild year. We don’t even appear to have hit our floor yet, which is scary.

8-8 last year, very similar roster. All we had to do was bridge the gap and keep some systems in place while slowly transitioning. We didn’t do that and it shows

Reaction score
Looking back, Keim is a horrible GM. I mean, when you can look and see that Rod Stinking Graves was better, that's bad. Aside from Rosen, Baker, Kirk, and maybe DJ(but I think his spirit is broken), this team has no immediate future. That's on Keim and BA. Wilks, oy. I've never seen a coach lose a locker room so quickly. That team looked demoralized last night and Wilks looked like a child seeing Algebra for the first time. And his presser last night was sad to watch. Same old song and dance. "We have to do better" yada yada yada. He's way, way in over his head. Michael Bidwill will gain a lot of respect if he admits his mistake and cuts bait.

Do you have any facts to back up this statement? Keim is the winningest GM we've had & has a better winning record over the last 5 years than at least 25 other GM's.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't fire GM based on this as I see this as a coaching problem. We are running a defensive scheme that we do not have the right players for and our offensive scheme was non existant.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Has a team ever fired a HC, OC and GM in the MIDDLE of a season?

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can live with a rebuild but if that’s the case you don’t throw your qbotf to the wolves. There is not one thing this GM did on the offensive side of the ball that can be deemed good. From the OC to the backup rb, o- line, te, and wr. NOTHING!
It's not a rebuild year either; it's a bridge year to next when they should have upwards of $100mil in cap space to rebuild the team.

We knew this was going to be a bad year, but were hoping it wouldn't be this bad.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The reality of the situation is that you can't fire Wilks until the end of the season. I don't know that I've ever seen a situation where a coach was fired and they brought in someone completely outside the organization to be the interim (it might have happened, but you spend a whole offseason installing a system - I just can't see someone outside coming in and trying to implement something new on the fly in the middle of a season). So, if you fire Wilks now, you probably are going to promote Al Holcomb to interim HC (that would be my guess at least). Which means Holcomb, with 1/2 a season experience as a coordinator, is now in charge. And he'll have Leftwich as OC and someone on his defensive staff as DC - both of whom would have no coordinator experience. I just don't see how something like that would work, or make things better.

As asinine a suggestion as this sounds (and I acknowledge it is), if Wilks was going to be fired this week or next the best move would probably have been naming McCoy as interim HC (as he has HC experience) and letting Leftwich run the offense for the rest of the year.

We're really in a bad situation that we can't really get out of for the rest of the year. That's the reality of it.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you are a bad franchise it's hard to attract good coaches.

When you are a bad franchise who fires a brand new coach 7 games into the season, it's impossible. Nobody would want to come here and take the job next year.

While it would feel good for the fans to see more heads roll, it would be a bad move for the team in the long run.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
In my mind the GM needs to go.

Because win now with BA was not going to work, it sold tickets, it was fun to watch but relying on CP and BA to win a SB for us was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Oh yeah it was better than standard Cardinal fare and I liked BA and his attitude and watching the team but it was never a viable option to win it all and we sold out for that, to be where we are now, at least one, probably two to three season too many.

He's got some hits, and some misses, like anyone but it's overall strategy that is imploding all around us.

One thing I DO NOT LIKE was referenced last night, Aikman I think said it, he was talking about Bradford being inactive so they don't have to pay his bonus.

That was the implication I got. Any decent GM would know that sends a terrible message to the leauge and potential FA, who do not care about the morality of it all, right or wrong if he deserves it or not, that's not how our potential FA will see it.

He did not stand up to ownership and say no, we need to pay him, heck it may of even been his idea, but whoever's idea it was if he wasn't standing firmly on this is a bad idea and this is why. Well then he has to go cause he aint the person for the job.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Really? We won? Won what? 1 playoff game that we nearly blew? Sure we won some regular season games but the goal is a title. As bad as Whiz was at least he got us to a Super Bowl. So this "win now" formula didn't win us anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you have any facts to back up this statement? Keim is the winningest GM we've had & has a better winning record over the last 5 years than at least 25 other GM's.
Easily. The Genius Keim won us 1 playoff game. His and BA ignoring not only a QBOTF but a decent backup so we were stuck with Stanton and Lindley left us hurting for a QB often. Rod Graves moves took us to a Super Bowl. He also drafted Fitz, Dockett, Dansby, Boldin, CC, PP, DRC, among others. How many impact players has Keim drafted? 2? So there's no comparison and considering that Graves was hindered by Bill Bidwill and that cesspool called SDS for chunk of his tenure, the comparison isn't close.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Easily. The Genius Keim won us 1 playoff game. His and BA ignoring not only a QBOTF but a decent backup so we were stuck with Stanton and Lindley left us hurting for a QB often. Rod Graves moves took us to a Super Bowl. He also drafted Fitz, Dockett, Dansby, Boldin, CC, PP, DRC, among others. How many impact players has Keim drafted? 2? So there's no comparison and considering that Graves was hindered by Bill Bidwill and that cesspool called SDS for chunk of his tenure, the comparison isn't close.

I mean, we have him. I really don’t get this complaint anymore.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? We won? Won what? 1 playoff game that we nearly blew? Sure we won some regular season games but the goal is a title. As bad as Whiz was at least he got us to a Super Bowl. So this "win now" formula didn't win us anything.

We get it you don't like SK

Dead horse

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched the bothered Wilks talking at his press conference, he stated the fire of McCoy was his strictly choice cause he is the head coach and he has to take those type of decision, he said keim/bidwill had nothing to do with it...
Gosh, this man, the king of blah blah blah is a clown

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
People need to complain, even if it means duplicating or triplicating threads.

ASFN isn't ASFN if we don't have "Fire XXXXX" 765,998 times

I thought of a drinking game in the Game Day Threads. Every time someone says fire someone do a shot. You'll be face down in the first quarter and the rest of the game will be a blur.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can totally get behind both Keim and Wilks getting canned right now ONLY if the Cards go all in on an Eddie-situation the rest of the season and one of us gets to be GM/HC:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
In my mind the GM needs to go.

Because win now with BA was not going to work, it sold tickets, it was fun to watch but relying on CP and BA to win a SB for us was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Oh yeah it was better than standard Cardinal fare and I liked BA and his attitude and watching the team but it was never a viable option to win it all and we sold out for that, to be where we are now, at least one, probably two to three season too many.

He's got some hits, and some misses, like anyone but it's overall strategy that is imploding all around us.

One thing I DO NOT LIKE was referenced last night, Aikman I think said it, he was talking about Bradford being inactive so they don't have to pay his bonus.

That was the implication I got. Any decent GM would know that sends a terrible message to the leauge and potential FA, who do not care about the morality of it all, right or wrong if he deserves it or not, that's not how our potential FA will see it.

He did not stand up to ownership and say no, we need to pay him, heck it may of even been his idea, but whoever's idea it was if he wasn't standing firmly on this is a bad idea and this is why. Well then he has to go cause he aint the person for the job.
Sam is getting 16 million to wear an ear piece so no other FA is upset about that