Bourbon / Whiskey

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, I came back to this thread for the sole purpose of saying I scored a bottle of Stagg A23, which is near impossible to find up here. It’s good but it’s like drinking a flamethrower before getting to taste it. 130 proof!

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah we have a couple bottles of Stagg Jr but it is a little too hot for me. I prefer it on a large cube which tames the heat some.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My son got me Manchester United Chivas Regal. It is such a black pepper taste to it that it's REALLY hot. Hard to drink neat. I had some shots with my son. Saving the rest for when Man U winds the Premier League again. So it should age a lot! :lol:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i

We have some really good liquor stores up here with allocation programs. My bottle was only $55

The barrel proof?! If so, that is an amazing deal. See it again, you should stock up... and let me know! I will buy as many off you as you want!

Around here you MIGHT find them in the 200 dollar range but typically it goes for around 400.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
The barrel proof?! If so, that is an amazing deal. See it again, you should stock up... and let me know! I will buy as many off you as you want!

Around here you MIGHT find them in the 200 dollar range but typically it goes for around 400.
Yup. But unfortunately they only allow 1 per customer, and you have to spend a lot of $ to gain enough points to qualify so it’s kind of like spending thousands on scratch offs and then winning $100. This is the first time it’s been offered too. Do you have a whiskey allocation program at your liquors stores?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Anyone go to Trevor's here in Phoenix? I think they have one in Prescott, too!

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday everybody!

Be safe this weekend and I am enjoying My favorite cocktail - Golden Hour

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Antique 107 is a personal fave MCD. Love some EH Taylor also.

I tend to stay away from Stagg & Blantons also.

Never had blood oath.

Leaving Nashville after a 5 day trip. Fun times and lots of small batches. I seem to like the toasted stuff as well.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone go to Trevor's here in Phoenix? I think they have one in Prescott, too!
There is a Trevors down the street from work. They have a nice selection. However I hate how they bundle the good stuff with two other crappy bottles that I don't want.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There is a Trevors down the street from work. They have a nice selection. However I hate how they bundle the good stuff with two other crappy bottles that I don't want.
I have been to Prescott and Scottsdale, on McDowell. The guy there gives us LOTS of samples. My son is the whiskey guy, and I do Tequila. I found the Tequila knowledge from the concierge that helped us to be quite good. They told me they just opened one you can play the golf simulator on, with a bigger bar/restaurant in it.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m at a restaurant in Canada at the moment. This Woodford Double Oaked is 7.00 a shot for happy hour. I must say a definite step up from the garbage I posted just before this. VERY TASTY!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Wait? You thought Bacardi 151 was smooth? I think there’s a reason why it’s part of a shot called the monkey fart lol
I had a really bad sore throat when I was going to NAU. The only thing that kept me going was taking a shot of 151 in the morning, and one at night before bed. It literally burned the bad crap out of my throat long enough to attend school during the day, and be able to sleep at night.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Walmart and bought a packet of these. 10 shots for $8.99.

Consumers are suing Sazerac Company, Inc., the makers of Fireball whiskey, for fraud and misrepresentation, as the mini bottles of the alcoholic beverage don't actually contain whiskey.

The smaller bottles, named Fireball Cinnamon, are made from a blend of malt beverage and wine, while the whiskey-based products are called Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, according to the company website.

The 99-cent bottles are sold in 170,000 stores, including gas stations and grocery stores, prompting some customers to wonder what products they presumed to contain liquor were doing there, the complaint says.

Last edited: