Breaking: Cam Thomas traded to KC

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the unit is improved but that mightnot be evident if the rush is weak
I think it's improved also, Monti used several picks on DB's the last few years. Yes, you're right, the improvement may not show with a weak pass rush. Our defense will look very bad if the secondary didn't improve. Having said this, as bad as our defense was last year, they played hard for the coaches, there's more talent this year so it has to improve right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let’s get factual here.

1. Pass-rusher is without doubt the weakest position on the team.
2. Cam Thomas gave us a glimp of hope with good play in the Two last Pre-season games.
3. He was still 4th Or 5th on the depth chart in everyone’s view

What Does the Trade indicate?
1. Coaching staff liked the other players over Thomas
2. The back-up pass-rusher group could Actually be Above par in the league
3. The issue on the team is still the High-end group of pass-rushers and Thomas was not evaluated to make Any difference on that.
I think cam is one of those guys whose good enough to shine against 2nd string talent but just not good enough to be a regular against starters. So you see glimpses but it never quotes coalesces into a player.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s because our razor thin Edge room got destroyed by injury. But if they traded him for a 7th it’s because he was on the cut list anyway.

They traded him because there where 3 guys who were about equal (Cam, Luketa, and VD) and they were able to get something for Cam.