Breaking: Cam Thomas traded to KC

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everyone thought he was getting cut before camp. Now he's traded and we're tanking? Lol

He never fit this scheme. It was a bad draft pick. What he did in reason changes nothing, in fact I think all his sacks were effort sacks from the QB taking too long.

Thomas's issue is he doesn't have the speed to win around the edge or the power to bully tackles.

Nothing between him, Luketa and Dimukeje. Best for everyone to get something back and he can go be Lite Lite George Karlaftis.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My biggest shock is that Gannon and Rallis couldn’t turn him into a backup level player. I thought he had some decent tools.

Such as? He had a nice swim move coming out he mainly used inside.

He's not explosive. He's not quick. He's not powerful. He's a pure effort guy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Such as? He had a nice swim move coming out he mainly used inside.

He's not explosive. He's not quick. He's not powerful. He's a pure effort guy.
I thought his size, speed, and power were enough to elevate him above the Luketas of the NFL. His effort also seemed like a plus. His college tape looked better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought his size, speed, and power were enough to elevate him above the Luketas of the NFL. His effort also seemed like a plus. His college tape looked better.

I always found him underwhelming. For his size he was often overpowered, and his speed/explosiveness was below average.

I thought Luketa looked better in preseason despite not getting the sack stats of Thomas. He showed some good speed and bend.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the end, he was probably being cut so it’s better to get something for him.

I had him as a strong bubble guy based off he play during preseason games along with Luketa. If they didn’t trade Cam I think there is a good chance he makes the roster as one of the last guys. However we all know that being on the bottom of the roster right after cut down day doesn’t make you safe. So I’m fine with moving on from him and getting something in return.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Everyone thought he was getting cut before camp. Now he's traded and we're tanking? Lol

He never fit this scheme. It was a bad draft pick. What he did in reason changes nothing, in fact I think all his sacks were effort sacks from the QB taking too long.

Thomas's issue is he doesn't have the speed to win around the edge or the power to bully tackles.

Nothing between him, Luketa and Dimukeje. Best for everyone to get something back and he can go be Lite Lite George Karlaftis.
Who is saying this?

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
i liked Cam Thomas, but Keim once again took a player who looked more suited for a 4-3 DE role for a team that at the time ran a 3-4

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is saying this?
There was def people saying that he was likely a goner heck k9 even made a thread or a post about not believing he was even still on the team and was surprised by it.

Nobody was saying a word about him after that until he showed out a bit in pre season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who is saying this?

Plenty of people. Here's Chopper not even 10 days ago without Cam Thomas making the OLB room but I've seen plenty of people say they expected Cam to be cut going back months.

I don't think so even though they kept 7 EDGE guys last year. My guess is they will supplement the EDGE group of Collins/Gardeck/Dimu/XThomas/Luketa with DRobinson and Mack Wilson.

Maybe they cut Clark at CB even with Jones meh camp but that doesn't seem like Gannon's style.

They have to keep 9 OL with Jones and Adams being OL8 and OL9. I don't feel like Jones is behind Wilkerson as OT4 and they should keep 4 as none of their OGs can kick out. Gaines should be OG3 and C2.

Maybe they roll 3 deep at S again. Tough to tell where Cachere stands.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fran Duffy

@FDuffyNFL
·
11h

When Cam Thomas came out I loved his fast hands at the top of the rush and his relentlessness but he wasn't a top-shelf athlete or pure power player. Obv didn't work out in ARI.In college he kicked inside often. KC loves doing that w/ their edge rushers. Potential fit off bench

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Darren Urban

@Cardschatter
·
1m

Players being traded in this window are (mostly) guys who weren't going to make the roster. So you try and get something for them. And I don't understand the people thinking the Cardinals should've gotten more. That's not a realistic vision of the NFL trade market.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We know for sure what 4 of those 5 guys are. None of which are starting caliber edge rushers on a team with winning aspirations (not that Cam Thomas was).
I do not agree with this.

None are great pass rushers, but Collins and Gardeck are solid players and many teams would have one guy like them starting. We are just missing a pass rushing star.

I think Luketa and Dimukeje and Thomas are decent backups.

Basically in my opinion we need to upgrade Gardeck otherwise we are ok at the position.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I do not agree with this.

None are great pass rushers, but Collins and Gardeck are solid players and many teams would have one guy like them starting. We are just missing a pass rushing star.

I think Luketa and Dimukeje and Thomas are decent backups.

Basically in my opinion we need to upgrade Gardeck otherwise we are ok at the position.
We have no clue what we have in Collins at this point. If he is someehat decent, I agree.

A star pass rusher, Collins with Gardeck and Xavier Thomas as role players would be a good room.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There was def people saying that he was likely a goner heck k9 even made a thread or a post about not believing he was even still on the team and was surprised by it.

Nobody was saying a word about him after that until he showed out a bit in pre season.
I was of course referring to Brit claiming people are saying we're tanking due to trading him :)