Brewers vs Dbacks Series Thread

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Your possible next manager did a great job coaching third base in those innings. :rolleyes:
I commend Chip Hale for trying to build some aggressiveness into this team, even if it did not work this time.

Yes, he could have followed Bob Melvin's passiveness. 'Gee, it may not work, so I won't try it.' (My paraphrase of his behavior.)

You're not really blaming Chip Hale for the total disorder on the D'backs, are you?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I pin this loss on the manager's decisions.

but Lyon has quickly proven that he can no longer be counted on to save games.

Yes, this loss is on a series of head scratching manager decisions.

I fail to see how to really blame Lyon for last nights game and he has not suddenly forgotten how to save games. An error, and well executed bunt and what, to me, looked like a pretty darn good pitch that Cameron happened to slap into the OF. Yes, Young has to make a huge catch but Lyon cannot be expected to strike every guy out...he isn't Papelbon.

Manager sucked last night...Lyon didn't.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one didn't even hurt anymore. By the 6th inning, with all the blown opportunities, my feeling was -- here we go again. Sure enough.

I'll go watch the game today. It just started and I expect the worst.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok i've had enough fire Melvin now he is a horrible manger eaither our offense works and our pitching sucks or our pitching is doing good and our offense sucks. This team has been the worst team in the majors for the past few weeks and its just getting worse. If I were the owner i'd fire Melvin now because its pretty obvious the players don't respect him anymore and aren't even tyring horrible to watch the dbacks play now :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
two run game come on guys come through huge hit by tracy where was this earlier?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Wow What A Win By The Dbacks Unreal Comeback Of The Year Way Step Up Huge Conor And Tracy Wow Unreal Unreal

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If these freakin guys would hit like that when we have people on base all this fire Melvin BS would be a non issue. Melvin can't get out there and hit when we have runners on or RISP. This team needs to remember how to hit and quit swinging for the fences, it appears they may be coming around and realizing they don't have to hit HR's to win all the time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Pulled that one out of our ass......we certainly didnt deserve it, but winnings winning

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW!! I was shocked to see the final. It was 5-0 top of the ninth when I went into a meeting, then came out and HOLY COW!!

Reaction score
wtf are you talking about how we don't deserve this win of course we do jackass we've been scratching and clawing our way back all season and for us to get 6 runs in the 9th all with no men out you bet your ass we deserve this victory I mean come on man even if we did pull this one out of our ass it was right on time because we definately needed a win to stay on par with the dodgers who won again today so yea if anyone deserves it it's this resilent ball club I mean evertime I count this team out and say there definately done for they come back and show me otherwise I mean take the mets series for example we came back from a 4 run deficit
so I mean this team has shown they don't give up no matter what so give 'em credit even if they've been playing like dog crap (as Reynolds said the other day :)
they still deserve credit for not throwing in the towel even if there down by 5 or so runs.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This team needs to remember how to hit and quit swinging for the fences, it appears they may be coming around and realizing they don't have to hit HR's to win all the time.
If it's just a couple of players, yeah. If it's the "team", then it's the Manager. 'Simple as that.

What a thrill it was to watch the 9th inning rally. Diamondbacks players swinging for the alleys or the holes, rather than the seats. But one great inning (after eight pathetic ones) does not change things, especially with Melvin's day-to-day inconsistencies.

Luckily we had Conor Jackson at bat with the infield drawn in, knowing that all you need is a grounder getting through.

Today's game shows the potential of our lineup. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
wtf are you talking about how we don't deserve this win of course we do jackass we've been scratching and clawing our way back all season and for us to get 6 runs in the 9th all with no men out you bet your ass we deserve this victory I mean come on man even if we did pull this one out of our ass it was right on time because we definately needed a win to stay on par with the dodgers who won again today so yea if anyone deserves it it's this resilent ball club I mean evertime I count this team out and say there definately done for they come back and show me otherwise I mean take the mets series for example we came back from a 4 run deficit
so I mean this team has shown they don't give up no matter what so give 'em credit even if they've been playing like dog crap (as Reynolds said the other day :)
they still deserve credit for not throwing in the towel even if there down by 5 or so runs.

How many were left on base? I agree that they deserve the win, but to say that they've been scratching and clawing all season? The team seems to have no heart at times. To see them all enjoying the win was great!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at work following stat tracker and when CoJack won the game I yelled pretty loud. Luckily I had the door to my office closed.

Just maybe this will get them going. If they make the playoffs we can look back at this game.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
I just got back from work and saw that we won 6-5. Then I checked MLB.com to see we scored all 6 runs in the 9th inning. Hopefully, this win get the team on a roll. Anytime a team comes back from being down that much in the 9th inning and does not even hit into an out is pretty impressive.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was depressed but kept watching it. In total disbelief. Loved the way Chip Hale got in Hudson's face after his base running blunder.

2-2 series against a decent team. It's a start. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Hey Skkorp -- THAT'S baseball. Takes 27 outs, but a team has to really know that. Our 2001 DBacks knew that inside and out, and I dearly hope this game opens the youngster's eyes so THEY know it now, too.

A lot of players contributed, but as I have been saying for a few years, Conor is probably the smartest hitter on this team (except when he listens to the BoMel gospel of being 'more aggressive' at the plate). He is naturally patient, understands and pays attention to the situation, doesn't try to do too much, has a superb eye. He will gradually hit for more power as well as more finesse, but he'll always be a doubles guy, not a HR-hitter primarily. (Anybody want to picture how that inning went down if Byrnes was up instead?)

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score

Longest. Sentence. Ever.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
(Anybody want to picture how that inning went down if Byrnes was up instead?)

Umm, I'll take a stab at it.

A pop up to the second baseman, with Byrnes throwing his bat hard to the ground, running as fast as he can to first (maybe even diving headfirst, who knows), and then yelling on his way back to the dugout.

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, big deal, one good inning, where were they the rest of the game? You'd think they won the World Series.
Hahaha, no.

That one good inning was impressive. Hammock and Burke leading off the inning should have meant Augie hitting with the bases empty and two out! And how about Tracy getting a 3-run double off a LEFTHANDER! :D I don't know if this will be one of those turning-point, landmark wins, I sure hope it is.
Dedicate the win to all the people who left early. :p

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Umm, I'll take a stab at it.

A pop up to the second baseman, with Byrnes throwing his bat hard to the ground, running as fast as he can to first (maybe even diving headfirst, who knows), and then yelling on his way back to the dugout.

Nah, I say a popup to the shortstop with him throwing the bat but screaming while he jogs to first.:)

Some are saying Byrnes could be done for the year. If that is true, this team will benefit from it. If Tracy can hit on a consistent basis and this team is winning, I would sit Byrnes on the bench if he does come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd