COPA

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Timmy H still looks in shape--let's tempt him out of retirement :D
If Mexico can keep calling Ochoa back I don't understand why we can't ask Tim. only joking. but we were lucky to have Tim for as long as we did. that throw out in the game vs Algeria in 2010 is one of the greatest plays in US history. that's what we need from our GK.

OP
OP
jbjarko

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just a very different mold of keeper now versus years past. Need to be much more active from the box.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Mexico can keep calling Ochoa back I don't understand why we can't ask Tim. only joking. but we were lucky to have Tim for as long as we did. that throw out in the game vs Algeria in 2010 is one of the greatest plays in US history. that's what we need from our GK.
Tim wasn't super great with his feet either. Better than Turner, but not much.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Tim wasn't super great with his feet either. Better than Turner, but not much.
don't agree. Tim wasn't great, but he was good enough to play in the PL as a starter. what I saw last night was the worst I've ever seen from any US GK. the only thing I can hope is that he was injured. but the fact that they let him kick the ball long as much as they did makes me believe that it wasn't because of injury. it was just not having the quality to do it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't agree. Tim wasn't great, but he was good enough to play in the PL as a starter. what I saw last night was the worst I've ever seen from any US GK. the only thing I can hope is that he was injured. but the fact that they let him kick the ball long as much as they did makes me believe that it wasn't because of injury. it was just not having the quality to do it.
He was good enough, because like jbjarko said, the game was different. Keepers didn't need to be sweeper keepers. They didn't need to play out of the back. They kicked the ball long after nearly every goal kick.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He was good enough, because like jbjarko said, the game was different. Keepers didn't need to be sweeper keepers. They didn't need to play out of the back. They kicked the ball long after nearly every goal kick.

true, which is still something that turner cannot do. almost all of his long kicks are turnovers. some are very dangerous.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Wasn’t the most exciting game, but still a great experience and my daughter got one of the game balls to keep pregame!

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 2

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Brazil falls to Uruguay in Pens. Colombia destroy Panama 5-0. Looks like that 5-1 beatdown on USA in that friendly was no fluke, nor was it a wake up call for the US team.