Bring on the Forty Whiners

Genus49

Reaction score
I guess I dont have a point.. I mean, why should we be able to comprehend a sentence when reading a post? Your right, I have no point in your world which accuratly describes your thought process about the 9ers.. Just throw junk out there cuz, hey, its what you wanna believe..

Reading comprehension helps.

That poster brought up how Alex Smith was stupid for leaving college when he did. I asked what he/she thinks Smith should've done differently.

I have yet to hear the response to that question.

If you call someone stupid for doing something then there has to be an answer to "what should he have done" don't you think? It's always easy to say someone is stupid for doing something...but why are they stupid and how could they have not been stupid?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading comprehension helps.

That poster brought up how Alex Smith was stupid for leaving college when he did. I asked what he/she thinks Smith should've done differently.

I have yet to hear the response to that question.

If you call someone stupid for doing something then there has to be an answer to "what should he have done" don't you think? It's always easy to say someone is stupid for doing something...but why are they stupid and how could they have not been stupid?

It doesnt matter if Alex stayed or left Utah will never be USC because of him.. And he wont be anything in the NFL.. Whats there to discuss on that? Nothing..

1usctrojan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I didn't come here to troll. I was having a normal discussion with people. If you can't hack it then I'll stop posting here. You can express your OPINION. You however have been making it sound like what you say is fact.

Going back to the Alex Smith thing...you still haven't said what he SHOULD have done. In your opinion that is.

Waited another year....just like Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and many others....another year to grow and mature in the college game, particularly because he came out of a program that did not run a pro-style offense....the additional year, for a QB has proven invaluable in their development. But of course, all you understand is the monetary aspect of his decision...so Alex and the 49ers have paid the price for their ignorance. What is so difficult to understand?

It seems that all you 49er fans are trolls, with few exceptions...that is why you feel a backlash, just visit the official Cardinal's site and you will experience your brethren in a most unattractive light. Don't let the doorknob hit you in the --- on the way out.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check kffl niners board which is where i post most of the time, they save threads back to that time.

Do I look like some schmuck that goes to opposing teams boards and tries to talk to them?

MNNinerfan

Reaction score
:lmao: You could only dream about having one WR of the calibur of our two. If Matt is average.....then Alex Smith horrific.

Not that I want to burden your bird brain with facts but try this out.

---NAME ----------COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD TD% INT INT%
22A. Smith QB, SFO 257 442 58.1 2890 6.54 75 16 3.6 ---16 3.63
M. Leinart-- QB, ARI 214 377 56.8 2547 6.76 58 11 2.9 ---12 3.22

OOPS! Seems by the rating system Smith was better last year. Granted 0.8 isn't a huge margin, like Average>Horrific. Learn your facts before you bore us with your rhetoric.

Sorry I didn't buy off on the fact Matty was better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NAMECOMATTPCTYDSYPALNGTDTD%INTINT%SKSYDRAT
22A. Smith QB, SFO25744258.128906.5475163.6163.635.020274.823M. Leinart QB, ARI21437756.825476.7658112.9123.221.015874.0

OOPS! Seems by the rating system Smith was better last year. Granted 0.8 isn't a huge margin, like Average>Horrific. Learn your facts before you bore us with your rhetoric.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

I hope your not serious with..

I saw all I needed to see about Alex in his rookie season when Dockett patted Alex on the helmet right after he got jacked up.. Dockett said something to him then Alex immediately hung his head to which Dockett laughed so hard at poor ole Alex boy..

Alex should be thanking Leinart everyday of his life that Matt didnt declare in 2005, leaving Alex in for a big payday as the #1 overall pick..

the donald

Reaction score
well i lost a long post because my browser closed on me. so i will do it again.

i am a niner fan, but i do have some respect for you guys. you have one hell of a passing game, and i will take any one of your 3 WRs. but i am happy with smith over leinart.

but our running game will tear you guys a part. even if gore gets hurt. you guys are switching to a 3-4, and your NT is going to get eaten up. they have no experience in it, and it is the most difficult position to play on defense. and it is a hard transition when the players are all new to the system. believve me, i am a niner fan, and know from experience.

but your passing game isn't going to amount to much, we are going to be able to pu alot of pressure on matt, your Oline sucks. also our DBs are awesome in coverage, and will put your lights out. you may get a big play or 2, but it will mostly be FGs for you guys. then you guys have nobody to even contain veron davis, or the pass rush to pressure alex. the game will be closer than 28-7. but i doubt you score more than 21, because you will be a one dimensional offense.

i am not here to start trouble, but to maybe have a decent debate until wed. but tues. is out of the question, i will be recovering from the whole weekend.

MNNinerfan

Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Were big meanies..

No, just seem reluctant to debate without resorting to slander or name calling. A couple of us came in here and posted opinions supported by facts and were called trolls.

1usctrojan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

How about comparing both their stats IN THEIR ROOKIE YEAR, only then is it fair.

Genus49

Reaction score
Waited another year....just like Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and many others....another year to grow and mature in the college game, particularly because he came out of a program that did not run a pro-style offense....the additional year, for a QB has proven invaluable in their development. But of course, all you understand is the monetary aspect of his decision...so Alex and the 49ers have paid the price for their ignorance. What is so difficult to understand?

It seems that all you 49er fans are trolls, with few exceptions...that is why you feel a backlash, just visit the official Cardinal's site and you will experience your brethren in a most unattractive light. Don't let the doorknob hit you in the --- on the way out.

Those guys all played in professional offenses and top talent schools. They stayed in school because it was the best option for them. Do you think if Lendale White and Reggie Bush left USC in 2005, Leinart wouldn't follow?

How is Alex Smith stupid for looking out for his future? It's a business and Leinart learned what happens when you wait sometimes. Sometimes it works out - Carson Palmer didn't really put his talent together until his last year at USC. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick so he needed to finish school so that was a horrible example. Guys don't leave early unless they think they'll go in the first day of the draft.

And like I said...Alex was thrown to the wolves his rookie year but the playing experience was very valuable to him, even though he looked like crap.

There isn't a set way of developing qbs in the NFL. Palmer didn't play a snap his rookie year. Manning started right away. Leinart and Smith started mid season.

You guys may hate to admit it but I'm sure Leinart would prefer to be a 49er - bigger market and 1st pick in the draft than where he ended up.

But since apparently I'm now "trolling" I'll leave you guys to your Leinart ballwashing.

1usctrojan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Life sucks huh?

I say that if the shoe fits, they should wear it!

I love how they come on here comparing a rookie's stats with their player in his second year.....AND they claim they were/are the better team because they won more games....wouldn't that have given the advantage to Alex Smith last year??? Comparing his stats last year (on a better team they claim - in his SECOND year) to Matt in his rookie year on an inferior team?

Doesn't sound logical to me.

Genus49

Reaction score
How about comparing both their stats IN THEIR ROOKIE YEAR, only then is it fair.

How about comparing the talent of the team around them? THEN it's fair.

And going by your logic the extra year Leinart had at USC should make them equal.

the donald

Reaction score
Do I look like some schmuck that goes to opposing teams boards and tries to talk to them?

well many people have fun doing that, this is my first time doing it, but it can be fun doing it. and it is alot better than going to espn boards.

also with the guy who was talking about alex being possibly better by staying another year. in no way is that true. he knew that system inside and out, and he would of had nothing to gain by staying, just like leinart had everything to lose while staying, and he did lose. a butt load of money, and a moved to a poorly run team at the time, this year will hurt for you guys, but it is better in the long run, it will be between us for the next few seasons.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome! Smith had a year under his belt already and started all the games. Matt was a rookie and started only 11.

For your further fact finding missions, keep the phrase "apples to apples" in your mind.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is Alex Smith stupid for looking out for his future? It's a business and Leinart learned what happens when you wait sometimes.

I dont have any numbers to support this, but Im pretty sure Leinart makes more money than Alex Smith.. I have yet to see Alex with any nationwide endorsement deals.. On the other hand Matt is everywhere endorsing quite a few companies on national tv.. And Matt was a #10 pick.. Yup, sucks to be Matt, Im sure.. lol

MNNinerfan

Reaction score
Ya, keep telling yourself that ..

I think your just mad that Leinart decided to skip the 2005 draft leaving you with Alex "Little Hands" Smith.. Oh, what could have been for you guys.. It just wasnt meant to be..

Ya, I sure wish we could have gone 5-11 last year, you are so wise.

Then we could have reached for Levi Brown in the draft, he looks terrible by the way.

Funny how in love you are with a QB who has done NOTHING at the NFL level. USC doesn't matter in the NFL. The reason they have more HOF'ers is due to the fact they pay their players (see Reggie Bush).

Your blind faith is kinda cute, like a 3 year old loving their crackhead mother unconditionally.

Genus49

Reaction score
I dont have any numbers to support this, but Im pretty sure Leinart makes more money than Alex Smith.. I have yet to see Alex with any nationwide endorsement deals.. On the other hand Matt is everywhere endorsing quite a few companies on national tv.. And Matt was a #10 pick.. Yup, sucks to be Matt, Im sure.. lol

Leinart is the more marketable guy...but do you think he'd make more money and have more endorsement deals if he played for the 49ers? or the Cards? And the only way Leinart makes more money than Alex is if you count the other ways he makes money. His contract is millions less than Smith's.

Sorry but San Fran is a bigger market.

1usctrojan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Those guys all played in professional offenses and top talent schools. They stayed in school because it was the best option for them. Do you think if Lendale White and Reggie Bush left USC in 2005, Leinart wouldn't follow?

How is Alex Smith stupid for looking out for his future? It's a business and Leinart learned what happens when you wait sometimes. Sometimes it works out - Carson Palmer didn't really put his talent together until his last year at USC. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick so he needed to finish school so that was a horrible example. Guys don't leave early unless they think they'll go in the first day of the draft.

And like I said...Alex was thrown to the wolves his rookie year but the playing experience was very valuable to him, even though he looked like crap.

There isn't a set way of developing qbs in the NFL. Palmer didn't play a snap his rookie year. Manning started right away. Leinart and Smith started mid season.

You guys may hate to admit it but I'm sure Leinart would prefer to be a 49er - bigger market and 1st pick in the draft than where he ended up.

But since apparently I'm now "trolling" I'll leave you guys to your Leinart ballwashing.

:biglaugh: You have got to be kidding! He was smart enough to know that he would have gotten his butt kicked in SF....and the last time I checked, he has made more money on endorsements than any other rookie QB in NFL history....in Arizona, playing for the Cardinals. What a laugh.

Last edited:

MNNinerfan

Reaction score

How about we wait another year and then compare Alex's to Matty's?

Then they will be the same age.

Or maybe we can convince them to trade them half way through this year and they can each start 8 games with each team!! Wouldn't that be great too? Then we could really get a true idea.

"Only then is it fair" LMFAO

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say that if the shoe fits, they should wear it!

I love how they come on here comparing a rookie's stats with their player in his second year.....AND they claim they were/are the better team because they won more games....wouldn't that have given the advantage to Alex Smith last year??? Comparing his stats last year (on a better team they claim - in his SECOND year) to Matt in his rookie year on an inferior team?

Doesn't sound logical to me.

We can compare Matt to Alex as I just said then.. Alex left for a business move they say..

2006 stats..

Alex Smith (2nd year) = rookie contract and ummm well nothing..

Matt Leinart (rookie, no NFL experience) = rookie contract, endosrement deals with nation wide tv with about 3-4 major companies..

Winner? Matt.. :D

Even the business move for Alex they say was better because Matt slid to #10.. Well that just isnt so either.. They are taking some losses in here for their man love for Alex.. lol