Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Um, we won a playoff game in 98'.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, came to this thread late. Let me hit a lot of points I came up with as I read.

First, stop with the gay bashing. It's childish and does nothing for discussion.

Next, 49er fans, kindly stop with the Smith vs Leinart. Leinart made it clear he went back to school in part to avoid having to be drafted by the 49ers, and made it equally clear he was thrilled to be drafted by the Cards. After all, he came into an offense with Fitz, Boldin, and Edge. Leinart is also the better QB today, debateably (sp?), and will more than likely be the better QB down the road. 9ers fans, if you keep trying to say you prefer Smith over Leinart, we'll have to keep laughing.

Bill Walsh night will be huge for you. You'll come out with a big adrenaline rush, I suspect. If we can weather that very early storm, it'll be a great game. If not, it'll be a long night.

On Gore: what are we going to see? Is he going to be game ready? If so, he'll get well over 100 yds and probably a score. Will it be enough? The 9ers will HAVE to have a good passing game to make it so, or else we'll simply end up stacking against the run. If he comes out tentative, or not quite in game shape or up to speed, he will be shut down. Guaranteed, we'll be keying on Gore, because Smith has shown absolutley bubkus as far as being able to beat a team through the air.

On your DBs vs our receivers: just stop. Clements will do a decent job against someone, but he'll still need help, and the other receiver will rip you to shreds, just like last year. Your secondary is outgunned on this matchup, and you have to pray you get a huge pass rush.

On our line: we are much improved, apparently. I was a Gandy doubter, but he's shown good work. Brown has shown to be a real gem. Yes, it's the preseason, so we might not be as good as we think, but we are definitely better than last year. That means we'll have at least a semblence of a rushing attack, which will make our passing game even more potent.

On keeping us to a low score: nagannahappen. We'll score over 21 agaisnt you, easy, because we have a dynamic offense. Will it be enough? See my next point.

On our defense: ugh. I pray the whole 'only vanilla in preseason' idea is the truth, because if it isn't, then we're screwed. Defensively we'll be keying on Gore. I don't see the 9ers beating us through the air (see below), so it will be our questionable D against Gore. We'll be keying on him, so it should be interesting. Could be ugly, could be good. No way of knowing yet.

On your budding offensive 'stars'. Davis has proven less than nothing thus far. Until he does, don't brag about him. It's like us saying, 'man, you'd better look out for Euhus...he's a stud!' Yeah, he has raw athleticism, but how many players have that that don't pan out? I'm not saying he's a bust, but he's far from a proven player, let alone a star. Darrell Jackson? Bad knees, and he isn't playing for a QB he is totally in synch with any more. The transition is going to be hard on him. I doubt he has a good year. Lelie? Are you serious? You must be joking, because by saying he's a go-to guy, you're actually devaluing your offense.

So, there you have it. Rather than quote a ton of posts, I rounded it all up into one.
It Sounds like he is ready, but we'll see......
It's been a month since Frank Gore has practiced full time and it shows. Gore looks incredibly fresh, scampering through holes like a jack rabbit. He also reported no problems with the padded glove he'll wear to protect his still-healing right hand. Will he wear it in the game? He's not saying. After all, the Arizona Cardinals are likely scouring the papers for information.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=10868

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
What is inadequate about my attitude?

You are welcome, we Niner fans are trying to educate you one skill set at a time. After you learn to be literate we will attempt to teach you about how to win a playoff game. I know it hasen't been successful in over 50 years there, but why not shoot for the moon? Today correct spelling, tomorrow an understanding of how futile your Cardinals organization has been.

:biglaugh:

It's spelled HASN'T.

As in "has not".

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What is inadequate about my attitude?

You are welcome, we Niner fans are trying to educate you one skill set at a time. After you learn to be literate we will attempt to teach you about how to win a playoff game. I know it hasen't been successful in over 50 years there, but why not shoot for the moon? Today correct spelling, tomorrow an understanding of how futile your Cardinals organization has been.

You are the definition of a troll.
How about this "troll";
Two years, four losses!
Educate me about that troll!
That doesn't say much for your organization now does it troll?
I will me at the game Monday night, will you?
Do you wish to further my education then, troll?

MNNinerfan

Reaction score

It's spelled HASN'T.

As in "has not".

8 beers into this dumba$$ debate, thanks.

Note that you were unable to debate the fact that your team has never accomplished anything...but good comeback.

And really cute laughing one toothed gif....or not

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After you learn to be literate we will attempt to teach you about how to win a playoff game. I know it hasen't been successful in over 50 years there, but why not shoot for the moon? Today correct spelling, tomorrow an understanding of how futile your Cardinals organization has been.

Cards fans know better than anyone how futile the team has been. How does it feel to be a fan of a once proud NFL team that has as many playoff wins as that futile Cards team over the last 8 years(not to mention losing to that futile team the last couple times they matched up)?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
8 beers into this dumba$$ debate, thanks.

Note that you were unable to debate the fact that your team has never accomplished anything...but good comeback.

And really cute laughing one toothed gif....or not

I don't care if they have never accomplished anything. I'm a fan of them and will be until the end.

I generally don't get into trash talk, it's not my thing. I hate pretty much every team besides the Cards, and I hope like hell we whip some 49er ass on Monday.

(BTW - I'm 8 beers in also)

:beer:

MNNinerfan

Reaction score
You are the definition of a troll.
How about this "troll";
Two years, four losses!
Educate me about that troll!
That doesn't say much for your organization now does it troll?
I will me at the game Monday night, will you?
Do you wish to further my education then, troll?

I will me...hmmmm not sure what you are saying.

Maybe we can get together and bang rocks on walls? Will that thelp you communicate better?

I will be there, we would all love to further your education.

2 years 4 meaningless wins. The record of both of our teams is completely irrelevant over the last 4 years, as neither has made the playoffs. Need any mroe education Cardinal?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Maybe we can get together and bang rocks on walls? Will that thelp you communicate better?

2 years 4 meaningless wins. The record of both of our teams is completely irrelevant over the last 4 years, as neither has made the playoffs. Need any mroe education Cardinal?

So what are you saying troll?

MNNinerfan

Reaction score
I don't care if they have never accomplished anything. I'm a fan of them and will be until the end.

I generally don't get into trash talk, it's not my thing. I hate pretty much every team besides the Cards, and I hope like hell we whip some 49er ass on Monday.

(BTW - I'm 8 beers in also)

:beer:

First cool person on this site.

I'm on 9 now :D

Thanks for not beign a complete dik, and being loyal to your team. I can respect that.

I got into it earlier, after being called gay 50 times the trash started, it gets old.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
First cool person on this site.

I'm on 9 now :D

Thanks for not beign a complete dik, and being loyal to your team. I can respect that.

I got into it earlier, after being called gay 50 times the trash started, it gets old.

OK, now you are just doing that to bait me!!

:D

MNNinerfan

Reaction score
OK, now you are just doing that to bait me!!

:D

Nah.

Things started off OK. Then the slurs came out, and then again and again.... you get the idea. You are honestly the 1st person to have a decent post about anything in the couple of threads I have visited here.

No baiting, but the Niners will win :p

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Not exactly sure what bang rocks on walls means. Must be a San Francisco thing troll.
Evidently I communicate just fine you get my meaning.
Meaningless wins? We took you out the first game of the season last year. Was that irrelevant?
The whiners needed to beat us to keep their playoff hopes alive at the end of the year, yet couldn't, despite knocking Leinart out of the game.
Was that irrevelant?

The bitterness you hold because the Cardinals have owned the whiners over the last two years is overwhelming. Isn't it?
Get it off your chest, you'll feel better for it.

THE ARIZONA CARDINALS OWN YOU.

Now doesn't that feel better troll?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Nah.

Things started off OK. Then the slurs came out, and then again and again.... you get the idea. You are honestly the 1st person to have a decent post about anything in the couple of threads I have visited here.

No baiting, but the Niners will win :p

I am alot like Stout and his post. I prefer to discuss the teams.

Our offense speaks for itself, we can score on anybody. I have no idea what Clements can do versus Q or Fitz. I am not a big fan of Edge, and our O-Line scares me until proven otherwise. Matt is the greatest hope I have had for a QB in a loooong time (and is better then Alex Smith - no two ways about it).

Our D.......what to say? Feast or famine with these guys. None of us honestly know yet. To say the secondary coaching last year was inept is an understatement. Monday will be the first time ANY of us will see this defense when the coordinators hands aren't tied by the head coach. New players, new scheme...who knows?

Monday will be interesting.

MNNinerfan

Reaction score
I am alot like Stout and his post. I prefer to discuss the teams.

Our offense speaks for itself, we can score on anybody. I have no idea what Clements can do versus Q or Fitz. I am not a big fan of Edge, and our O-Line scares me until proven otherwise. Matt is the greatest hope I have had for a QB in a loooong time (and is better then Alex Smith - no two ways about it).

Our D.......what to say? Feast or famine with these guys. None of us honestly know yet. To say the secondary coaching last year was inept is an understatement. Monday will be the first time ANY of us will see this defense when the coordinators hands aren't tied by the head coach. New players, new scheme...who knows?

Monday will be interesting.

Now you are baiting me :) (see that you fixed your typo already)

Clements had a great year last year, had 1 bad game against Chambers from MIA. Jury is out on that game, he blamed lack of safety help.

There is no doubt you have the best WR tandem in the NFC, maybe the NFL. The WR position is weak for us, but I think the RB & OL situation evens taht back out. Both of our defenses are similar, we need to see what happens. We added so many free agents that who knows how long it will take for them to gel.

I hope that having 3 PB'ers in our secondary will help this year, lord knows our D needs it. ;)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Now you are baiting me :) (see that you fixed your typo already)

Clements had a great year last year, had 1 bad game against Chambers from MIA. Jury is out on that game, he blamed lack of safety help.

There is no doubt you have the best WR tandem in the NFC, maybe the NFL. The WR position is weak for us, but I think the RB & OL situation evens taht back out. Both of our defenses are similar, we need to see what happens. We added so many free agents that who knows how long it will take for them to gel.

I hope that having 3 PB'ers in our secondary will help this year, lord knows our D needs it. ;)

I guess it happens to the best of us, doesn't it troll?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Don't let all of that gay San Fransisco talk get to you either.

Nobody on this board would suspect ANYTHING if you wear this buckle:

Attachments

• SanFrancisco_25.jpg
    SanFrancisco_25.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 699

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05