Bulls at Suns 11-24-2010

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I understand that. But then why can't we start rebuilding?? We need to trade Nash & Hill to contenders to give them an opportunity for a championship.

And then use the draft picks or young potential we get from those trades to build for the future.

While your idea is nice for integrity purposes, not sure many people would agree it's good for business purposes. Besides, Grant Hill is barely making any money and did it ever occur to you that both Nash and Grant don't want to be traded? They've both made pretty good lives in Phoenix, after all.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
While your idea is nice for integrity purposes, not sure many people would agree it's good for business purposes. Besides, Grant Hill is barely making any money and did it ever occur to you that both Nash and Grant don't want to be traded? They've both made pretty good lives in Phoenix, after all.
They deserve to win a championship and I know in their heart they probably wanna go to a contender.

But they won't come out in the public and demand a trade cause their high character guys.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They deserve to win a championship and I know in their heart they probably wanna go to a contender.

You do? How do you know that? If they wanted to leave, we would definitely accomodate them if they asked. So now some unknown fan on a message board "knows" that they want to leave and go to a contender? Pretty funny.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

But they won't come out in the public and demand a trade cause their high character guys.

Yea I guess youre right, they deserve to be on a team thats a conteder...Id say like one that has been to at least the WCF within the last few years. Certainly not the suns though.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm probably the greatest proponent of facts on this entire board. In every one of our previous conversations, I have asked you to respond to facts and you have disintegrated into an idiotic drool of personal attacks.

You think you know the facts but you are often wrong. For example, you started an argument about Splitter not coming to the NBA based on the "fact" the he would be bound by the rookie scale and lose money. Fact is you didn't understand how the rookie scale works at all. It took me several days to realize this. Obviously if you are 100% convinced that the earth is flat and base your arguments on that "fact" then you come across as a strange and sometimes funny person.

As for the personal attackts, fact is that you and Charlie Chaplin get butthurt very easily but frequently use personal attacks yourselves. For some reason you think that different standards apply for different people.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yea I guess youre right, they deserve to be on a team thats a conteder...Id say like one that has been to at least the WCF within the last few years. Certainly not the suns though.
The Cavs had the best record for the past 2 seasons....does that mean they'll have it again? Will they even be close to it?

Same **** for PHX. Both lost their good players and now both will suck.

LOL @ some people here!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You do? How do you know that? If they wanted to leave, we would definitely accomodate them if they asked. So now some unknown fan on a message board "knows" that they want to leave and go to a contender? Pretty funny.
So your saying Nash would rather stay in PHX & lose than win a championship?

Pretty funny.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score

Pretty funny.

Actually yeah he does. In the offseason before last he chose to sign on with the Suns rather than head for greener pastures when he could have just latched on with Boston or some other team. He decided to extend with the Suns even though we had missed the playoffs the previous season, and we just dumped Shaq for nothing and brought in Frye as his replacement, so for all he knew at the time we were going to suck for the rest of his career. But did he bail when he had the chance? Nope. Would most other stars make the same decision in the same situation? Probably not.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You think you know the facts but you are often wrong. For example, you started an argument about Splitter not coming to the NBA based on the "fact" the he would be bound by the rookie scale and lose money.

Oh come on. I can't remember the entire chain of the discussion, but it was someone else, not me, who brought up the whole "bound to the rookie contract" angle. I mentioned it in one of my own posts because I thought it was correct, not because it was central to my point. In fact, if you had been paying attention -- which obviously you haven't been -- you would have noticed that I was arguing against the "limited salary" issue as being a factor. But in any case, you corrected me, I thanked you for the correction, and that was that.

Fact is you didn't understand how the rookie scale works at all.

I understand it fine, but yes, I didn't know the three-year-wait rule, which almost never comes into play.

Obviously if you are 100% convinced that the earth is flat and base your arguments on that "fact" then you come across as a strange and sometimes funny person.

On the minor points where I have been incorrect, I have accepted correction immediately. You, on the other hand, persist on misrepresenting my argument. Either that, or you literally don't understand it, which is a theory I have to admit is gaining more and more traction.

I'll try once more:

I regard Splitter as a poor NBA prospect.

The fact -- and it is a fact -- that he flirted with the NBA draft several times, then chickened out each time, is a big warning sign.

Another fact -- and this is also a fact -- is that very few mid-career Euro stars have made the transfer to the NBA successfully. You debate this by saying what about Nowitzki or Parker or Divac or whatever other European star, but these were all players that came to the NBA very young. The ones that came over after several years of Euro ball, then did well in the NBA, are few and far between: Ginobili, Scola, before them Kukoc, Sabonis. The success rate is very low. You refuse to take this point on.

When I said "Splitter sucks," I meant that he sucks as an NBA prospect. I didn't mean that he sucks as a FIBA player. His success as a FIBA player is irrelevant to his standing as an NBA prospect, but you won't acknowledge this. It's a different game. There are NBA players who don't do well in FIBA, and there are FIBA players who don't do well in the NBA.

Then you said "Well the Spurs drafted him, so obviously they know something you don't." No. That is what teams do with late first-round picks: they go for longshots. A few longshots pan out, but most don't. Everyone understands this. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that all of the rest of the league's draft gurus had forgotten about Splitter, after his high-profile departures from the draft several years running.

Over and over again, I challenged you to place your bets on Splitter's performance in the NBA. Over and over, you declined. And now we see why. He's 11th on the Spurs in playing time, seeing extended minutes mainly in blowouts. Only once has he scored more than 7 points or collected more than 4 rebounds. Even though the Spurs seem to be phasing out Blair, as his minutes have been cut way back recently, Splitter is not benefiting -- instead those minutes are going to the journeyman Bonner and the 74-year-old McDyess.

I was wrong in my prediction that Splitter would "never play in the NBA." The money was better than I thought, and maybe that was the difference. But his poor performance is exactly in line with what I imagined, and it shouldn't be difficult to understand why.

As for the personal attackts, fact is that you and Charlie Chaplin get butthurt very easily

I'm not offended by your personal attacks; I simply use them to point out the weakness in your argument. You know you're wrong about Splitter, so you make fun of me in order to try to create a distraction. It is the evasive strategy of a weak analytical mind.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Pretty funny.

I'm saying he'd rather stay in Phoenix, period. Winning or losing a championship appears to be irrelevant to that decision for him AND Grant Hill.

But since you know him, why don't you ask him?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
As for the personal attackts, fact is that you and Charlie Chaplin get butthurt very easily but frequently use personal attacks yourselves. For some reason you think that different standards apply for different people.

Your definition of personal attacks is obviously skewed. If you do it, it's "giving your opinion", if you're called out on an opinion with faulty reasoning, it's a "personal attack."

Maybe it's time you go back to your Spurs board and stay there.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
elindholm: Good post. It takes a man to admit his mistakes. About Splitter let's just agree to disagree. You believe he sucks and will continue to believe this. I dont belive he sucks and will continue to believe this. I have provided links and so on and could provide more but I don't think it would change your opinion about him.

chaplin: Grow some balls. As the wannabe resident bully here it's perfectly understandable that you want me to go away. But guess what, you don't decide what other people will do. Surprised?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
elindholm: Good post. It takes a man to admit his mistakes. About Splitter let's just agree to disagree. You believe he sucks and will continue to believe this. I dont belive he sucks and will continue to believe this. I have provided links and so on and could provide more but I don't think it would change your opinion about him.

chaplin: Grow some balls. As the wannabe resident bully here it's perfectly understandable that you want me to go away. But guess what, you don't decide what other people will do. Surprised?

LOL

YOU'RE the fool that spouts nonsense on an opposing team's message board. It just doesn't make any sense to me that you consistently come here now and look like a fool and keep coming back for more. Good luck with that. You don't see me going to a Spurs board and insulting posters. Buh bye.

I may be a Suns homer, but at least I support my team.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Actually yeah he does. In the offseason before last he chose to sign on with the Suns rather than head for greener pastures when he could have just latched on with Boston or some other team. He decided to extend with the Suns even though we had missed the playoffs the previous season, and we just dumped Shaq for nothing and brought in Frye as his replacement, so for all he knew at the time we were going to suck for the rest of his career. But did he bail when he had the chance? Nope. Would most other stars make the same decision in the same situation? Probably not.
He probably chose to resign here in an effort to get Amare to stay with PHX.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm saying he'd rather stay in Phoenix, period. Winning or losing a championship appears to be irrelevant to that decision for him AND Grant Hill.

But since you know him, why don't you ask him?
Speed-dialing right now. :D

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
LOL

YOU'RE the fool that spouts nonsense on an opposing team's message board. It just doesn't make any sense to me that you consistently come here now and look like a fool and keep coming back for more. Good luck with that. You don't see me going to a Spurs board and insulting posters. Buh bye.

I may be a Suns homer, but at least I support my team.

Kind of proves my points about the great Charlie Chaplin folks :D

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Pretty funny.
Sounds crazy doesn't it?
Actually this is true,and it's just one of a few reasons i'd rather not have him on my team anymore. Although to be fair,it starts at the top and trickles down.

I look forward to the day(year) when this franchises' transparent dedication to entertainment over substance is put to bed.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I look forward to the day(year) when this franchises' transparent dedication to entertainment over substance is put to bed.
Outside of California, New York, Boston, Chicago and now Florida, and especially those with rich TV deals, small market teams who are always the bridesmaids, never the brides, do have as their priority regular season entertainment vs. post-season domination.

The turnstyles all season long do represent the major motivator to the investors.