Cardinal History

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, a truly dreadful game. Why O’Donoghue was still on the roster in ‘84 remains hard for me to understand or believe. When he couldn’t bury the kick that would’ve won the NFC East that season I could not stop wondering how or why the Cards couldn’t have found someone better.
That was Bill Bidwill in a nutshell. I’m sure he owed O’Donoghue money & wasn’t about to cut him until the guy’s contract was done. Regardless of how many games he cost us.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
EVERY Cardinal fan of that era remembers that game indeed. And even though that last call went our way (and it shouldn’t have), the zebras screwed us ALL day. We had family friends over for the game & my Dad’s best friend, who was a Bills fan (we lived in Syracuse, NY) commented that we were indeed the Cardiac Cards. Our dear friend died of a massive heart attack less than 2 weeks later on Thanksgiving morning at the very young age of 44. We played the Bills later that day, and out of respect to Mr. DiCaprio, I rooted for the Bills that day. The Bills surprised everyone & trashed us 32-14 that Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving Day was never kind to the Cardinals, even during the Coryell years.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I recall this game. In OT Sean Morey seemingly going into the end zone on a big play, gets tackled, followed by a Rackers missed FG and then Warner getting stripped of the ball in our end zone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall this game. In OT Sean Morey seemingly going into the end zone on a big play, gets tackled, followed by a Rackers missed FG and then Warner getting stripped of the ball in our end zone.
Yup. I think that was the year the Niners only won 2 games… both against us… in a season where we went 8-8 and 9-7 would have gotten us in the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat