CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good ILB, especially in the to. Game. Good pair with DWash. SILB I assume

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Best SILB prospect in the draft. Dont just think of him as a 2down run stuffer. He makes a ton of plays behind the line of scrimmage, 15 TFLs and 5 sacks.

I love the pick.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best SILB prospect in the draft. Dont just think of him as a 2down run stuffer. He makes a ton of plays behind the line of scrimmage, 15 TFLs and 5 sacks.

I love the pick.

Yep.

I thought he was going late 1st round. Now have some solid depth at ILB.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smart player - hope this year wasn't a fluke. I like his football IQ, don't like his speed, though with Dwash we are very spoiled by speedy LBs.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

I love the pick.

Like I said in another thread, he's a good player, but needs to be in a different division. Look at the weaknesses written up on him in the profile on NFL.com. His weaknesses don't translate well to playing the Niners and Hawks twice a year.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless you have watched this guy play don't knock him. The number of times I have watched LSU I always come away thinking Minter is all football player. All over the field making plays.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hell of a lot better than Manti Te'O (who will be a terrible LB in the NFL). Solid pick, him and D-Wash is a great duo.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting pick. We'll see how it works out. Doesn't have the upside of Daryl Washington, but he's a great replacement for Paris Lenon.

Don't be surprised if he's the defensive captain in 2014 and wearing the green sticker, not D-Wash.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
aHHG - Gave up TEO for Minter and #110? Stop sic en them Keim- pick Lacy or Barclay?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Cards stuck to their board here and got one of the players they wanted and added a 4th round pick in a deep draft. I like it!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, he's a good player, but needs to be in a different division. Look at the weaknesses written up on him in the profile on NFL.com. His weaknesses don't translate well to playing the Niners and Hawks twice a year.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Dont need to read his bio on nfl.com. Seen the kid play more then enough. One of his best assets is his IQ, read and react, and diagnosis abilities. All skill that are more important to stopping the misdirection plays that come from the read option then just speed alone.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Dont need to read his bio on nfl.com. Seen the kid play more then enough. One of his best assets is his IQ, read and react, and diagnosis abilities. All skill that are more important to stopping the misdirection plays that come from the read option then just speed alone.

Yup. You stop the read option by playing disciplined, old-school, breakdown football.

Ask Stanford vs. Oregon.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I didn't know much about the guy other than he was highly rated. I know I didn't want Teo with the pick. That guy's going to get owned in the NFL.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Bill Polians take:

What he brings: Minter is a physical presence inside, with good instincts and excellent point-of-attack skills. He plays with leverage and balance, and while his closing burst isn't elite, he takes quality angles to the point to maximize his range. Minter also flashes the ability to deliver a big hit. There are concerns, though, about his ability to hold up in space, and shorter arms that can hinder him as a tackler.

How he fits: In this 3-4 defense, the inside linebacker position has been very strong, but now there is some vulnerability. Paris Lenon is gone, and Arizona?s best inside linebacker, Daryl Washington, is suspended for the first four games of 2013. The Cardinals are hopeful that free agent Jasper Brinkley from Minnesota can help bridge the gap. But there isn't very good depth or players to develop at this position. Minter has a chance to step in immediately for Washington, and if he plays well the first four games, he might unseat Brinkley.