Cardinals Agree To Terms With Buster Davis

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Buster, he'll be our Q on defense. I got a feeling we're going to enjoy watching him play.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Click here to watch a highlight reel of Cardinals third round draft pick Buster Davis.

:newcards:

One thing I noticed in that video is this.. FSU must not teach their players how to strap their helmets on correctly.. First Dockett, then Boldin and in that video Buster loses his helmet a few times.. I can just imagine practice, Bowden ~ "Son, you dont have time to strap that helmet on, just hit the damn player!" :D

BTW.. Gotta love a guy playing football with the name Buster.. :thumbup:

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not very many players do.

They must be on real tight, i guess.

Then again.. not very many pro players do that.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
very nice now just get Brown signed and we will be in good shape :)

MrRogers

Reaction score
gotta love the bowling ball. I watched a bunch of plays where a gaping hole opened up for the rb and Buster comes out of nowhere and levels him. Rbs don't see him comin.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing about dudes who don't have to bend their knees to get under the limbo bar - To survive at the position, they have to learn early to get super-deep drops into coverage.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think that Buster Davis is going to be an intriguing story over the next 2-3 seasons. He's a third-round pick, and I really think that the expectations for him from this board are a little overblown (Q of the defense, playmaker, etc.). Many prognosticators believe that Davis was a reach where he was taken.

But he's really the big question mark from this class, and of all the players that we drafted, I think that he has the greatest potential to be an impact player from this class (Brown will likely start within the first month of the season and start for his time here--unless he's a Mike Williams-style utter disaster; Alan Branch likely won't have the impact of a Luis Castillo or Jamal Williams for his first couple seasons, if ever).

If people are interested, I'd like to know what your predictions are for Buster Davis. I'm skeptical. I think he'll play mostly on special teams (but play well) this season and be the 4th ILB behind Hayes, Dansby, and Beisel. Next season, he'll be the 3rd ILB and challenge for a Pro Bowl spot as a special teamer, and that'll likely be his role for his career, until he leaves as a free agent for a potential starting job, a la James Darling with the Jets.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defensive line better keep the offensive lineman off of Buster or he is in trouble.

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
Campus: 4.61 in the 40-yard dash … 394-pound bench press … 534-pound squat … 347-pound power clean … 4.22 20-yard shuttle … 32½-inch vertical jump … 10-foot broad jump … 31¼-inch arm length … 10¼-inch hands … Right-handed … Wears contacts.

Combine: 4.64 in the 40-yard dash … Benched 225 pounds 24 times … 31-inch vertical jump … 8-foot-8 broad jump … 4.37 20-yard shuttle run … 7.28 three cone drill.

Wow - Between the combine and his pro day he lost 16 inches of broad jumping ability. <-- I guess you can interpret that in at least a couple of ways. :)

Glad he's signed. :thumbup:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Woo Ha!

Woo Ha!

Got ya all in check!

edit: Oh..wrong Busta...umm...nice signing Cards! :thumbup:

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
I think that Buster Davis is going to be an intriguing story over the next 2-3 seasons. He's a third-round pick, and I really think that the expectations for him from this board are a little overblown (Q of the defense, playmaker, etc.). Many prognosticators believe that Davis was a reach where he was taken.

But he's really the big question mark from this class, and of all the players that we drafted, I think that he has the greatest potential to be an impact player from this class (Brown will likely start within the first month of the season and start for his time here--unless he's a Mike Williams-style utter disaster; Alan Branch likely won't have the impact of a Luis Castillo or Jamal Williams for his first couple seasons, if ever).

If people are interested, I'd like to know what your predictions are for Buster Davis. I'm skeptical. I think he'll play mostly on special teams (but play well) this season and be the 4th ILB behind Hayes, Dansby, and Beisel. Next season, he'll be the 3rd ILB and challenge for a Pro Bowl spot as a special teamer, and that'll likely be his role for his career, until he leaves as a free agent for a potential starting job, a la James Darling with the Jets.

well, thats certainly a waste of a third rounder

you dont draft a guy in the third, and have 2 years go by where he doesnt even start

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think if Buster plays well on special teams and if Berry gets hurt/struggles you will see Dansby go to OLB and Buster starting.

My prediction is that Buster Davis is starting by week 14. He is my favorite player the Cards drafted this year and I think he will play solid enough to the point where we look forward to watching him rip it up in '08.