Cardinals at Browns gameday thread 11-5-23

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was he over performing tho? Almost all of our resources are invested in the offense and going into this week we were 22nd in points and 24th in yardage.

(EDIT: Petzing shouldn’t be evaluated on games without Conner TBH. This roster has been sabotaged from the inside.)
They were top 15 in offensive DVOA prior to that Ravens game I checked. Considering the offense had very low expectations, I would call that over performing.

Sooner is a smart guy, just think that was one of his usual reaching type posts.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
as bad a Tune was today (and the rest of the offense) --

what has happened to Deshawn Watson?

Reactions: PJ1

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler isn't activated, trading away Dobbs is a real head-scratcher. It's one thing if you think it's one, maybe two weeks, but if it's later or he isn't activated, it was nuts.

The Vikings were bent over a barrel, I wish we would've fleeced them.

One thing is for sure, the media will bash the Cards for here to kingdom come if Dobbs takes them to the playoffs. Not a good look for a fresh GM and our historic bad culture. Also another potential hit to momentum going into the offseason where we may try to sign free agents.
If Kyler isn't activated, he automatically is put on IR for the rest of the year. That is not happening. He'll be activated, but it doesn't mean he'll play

Last edited:

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
If Kyler isn't activated, he automatically is put on IR for the rest of the year. That is not happening. He'll be activated, but it doesn't mean he'll play
After the complete debacle and embarrassment that was put on display today….If Murray doesn’t take over the reins as the franchise QB next Sunday…then Gannon, Ossenfort and Bidwill will be the laughing stock of the NFL and should be publicly ridiculed for blatant stupidity.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After the complete debacle and embarrassment that was put on display today….If Murray doesn’t take over the reins as the franchise QB next Sunday…then Gannon, Ossenfort and Bidwill will be the laughing stock of the NFL and should be publicly ridiculed for blatant stupidity.
Imagine another week like this and Dobbs leads the Vikings to another win. The media will be whipping us. These types of embarrassments will come back to bite us come free agency.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100000% in agreement. Especially with all the hinting along the way. These will be the biggest blue balls in the history of blue balls if he doesn't play!

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I’m really starting to believe that Gannon is reluctantly taking orders from above. That also explains why he looks so stoic on the sidelines.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m really starting to believe that Gannon is reluctantly taking orders from above. That also explains why he looks so stoic on the sidelines.
They said during the game that Gannon respects and admires Stepanaski for his even demeanor on the sideline.

It’s really hard to get mad during a loss when you have almost no chance from the jump.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing Gannon laud the team for not quitting in the post-game press conferences is getting pretty old.
It might be getting old but this defense played their guts out. The offense didn’t have a single drive of more than 7 plays AND turned the ball over 3times giving the Browns extra possessions. This game should have been 48-0.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It might be getting old but this defense played their guts out. The offense didn’t have a single drive of more than 7 plays AND turned the ball over 3times giving the Browns extra possessions. This game should have been 48-0.
There was a play to end the first half when we dropped 11 guys into coverage.

Watson still completed the pass. Wolfley was as speechless as I’ve ever heard him.

Great D.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
The best part of the Cards game today was when it was over!! Pathetic ,,, both offense and defense. More loses ahead.....

Dobbs threw 2 TDs today and Vikings won. Cards got rid of the wrong QB.

Tune needs a Tune-up ,,,, > back to the practice squad.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a play to end the first half when we dropped 11 guys into coverage.

Watson still completed the pass. Wolfley was as speechless as I’ve ever heard him.

Great D.
Did I mention “ great D”? Even with 2 minutes left and down 27-0 they were playing hard.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
On Tune:

No designed runs today for Clayton Tune. Very surprising. And not really a fair chance in this situation, but both those interceptions were bad.

Would Dobbs have done better than Tune? Hmmm... probably. Astro looks like he might be a little better runner which was desperately needed vs. CLE.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poverty mindset.
Whatever. It’s not a mindset, it’s what I observed right or wrong.
The effort appears to be there even with the lack of talent.
Has the culture changed? I guess we’ll see.
But even if we had the 85 Bears defense today, we would have lost.

It will be interesting to see if the effort continues if/when the losses pile up.

If Kyler doesn’t start this week the big question will be why. Is it because he hadn’t picked up the offense? Is it because he doesn’t want to? Is it because he wants out?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Spin post/maybe a thread.

Do we start the clock on evaluating Petzing? I was a fan, but when you see what Demco's OC is doing with the Texans..
I don't think you can evaluate him without Kyler. QB play just been so bad, and he has been trying to protect the defense (imo). Dude also has very liitle experience so the expectation was a work in progress.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Whatever. It’s not a mindset, it’s what I observed right or wrong.
The effort appears to be there even with the lack of talent.
Has the culture changed? I guess we’ll see.
But even if we had the 85 Bears defense today, we would have lost.

It will be interesting to see if the effort continues if/when the losses pile up.

If Kyler doesn’t start this week the big question will be why. Is it because he hadn’t picked up the offense? Is it because he doesn’t want to? Is it because he wants out?
Here is the thing...it is week 9. If Gannon loses the effort, justify why Wilks was let go and Gannon stays. I really don't care too much for the excuses. This organization created this mess and they can figure their way out of it> It should be uncomfortable. In terms of the players, the Cardinals will need tough minded competitors. If guys on the roster aren't that, bye.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22