Cardinals at Niners gameday thread 10-6-24

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Help settle a family dispute. My granddaughter Ashley who is a sophomore at Vanderbilt says that their win over Alabama was a better win than our's over the Niners. And, since she was at her game and I wasn't at my game, then that only adds to her argument. What should my I say?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help settle a family dispute. My granddaughter Ashley who is a sophomore at Vanderbilt says that their win over Alabama was a better win than our's over the Niners. And, since she was at her game and I wasn't at my game, then that only adds to her argument. What should my I say?

It’s not even close. She’s right.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She’s right.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I dunno. It seemed like there were 99% Niner fans today but only about 50-60% Bama fans Saturday. Great win by the Commodores. Happy for your granddaughter.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Vandy win is a much, much better win. I don't think you can come up with any game in the NFL in recent memory that is close to that big of an upset.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
She is correct.
Vandy beating Bama is akin to Sugar Ray beating Tyson.

At least we are in the same weight class as the niners. Albeit a bit chubby

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
She's right. Cards have beaten the Niners, when they've been good and when they've been bad. Vandy just knocked off a #1 for their first time ever. That's a pretty big deal for just a out any team,.but for the perennial down trodden Vanderbilt, it's like their National Championship.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That really was as gutty W as I can remember for a really long time.

Resilience is what came to mind for me. With everything that didn’t go the Cards way, blocked FG returned for TD, INT, McBride dropping TD, etc. this team never gave up and fought hard to the bitter end. It was an encouraging win that I hope they can build upon.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, what a desperately needed win. Just a few thoughts:

-Mack Wilson is him. Hands down MO’s best offseason signing. Why did the Pats let this guy walk?

-I don’t even know the name of the kicker but he has big cajones.

-With that said, it looked like every single FG attempt could have been blocked. They got to figure that out or it will bite them in the future. Almost killed us today.

-Losing Will Hernandez would be rough. Also, not saying it was a dirty play but I’m always kinda suspicious when a defensive player rolls onto an offensive player from behind like that. Truthfully I’ve always felt the 9ers play dirty. Lots of low blows and helmets to knees, etc.

-As deflating as last week’s loss was, I thought they’d beat Washington then lose to the 9ers and end up at 2-3. Didn’t play out like I thought, but we’re still 2-3 so I’ll take that.

-GB game is going to be tough. We should rightly be underdogs in that game. With that said, if this team somehow gets to 3-3, all things considered this team would be absolutely killing it.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Family at the immigration appointment in the Philippines, just saw the highlights and box score, looks like Conner and Kyler only running, 19 carries for 86, and ran deep in the 2nd half like they didn’t do against the lions.

I’ll take it - 2-2 in the division and sea-hacks lost, hopefully come down to the division games and I like our odds against the seahacks. It was a solid day against a good team.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching the recorded game. Happy I took the day off from watching and spending some quality time with my kid instead of enduring the Cardinal roller coaster.

I predicted a stomping and bet 50.00 on the Niners - the points. Happy to be wrong and lose my $. The Defense came to play today with a severe lack of talent and only allowed the niners to score 16 offensive points. Thats impressive with their Weapons and on the road to boot. I wish the team could play with this much grit for the home fans lately it’s been miserable for them. Which is sad.

Kyler a mixed bag overall but that 50 yard run and 4th down conversion were awesome! Terrible Int to Bosa and not gonna lie a little disappointing he didn’t give any effort or even try to track Bosa down to stop him from housing it. With Kylers speed that’s really bad for a team captain. Hustle and never stop EVER! Especially when it’s your mistake to begin with.

Proud of the team overall and happy with the win. Oh and James Connor is a badass! MHJ needs stop dropping passes! Bring on the Packers.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake