Cardinals at Packers gameday thread 10-13-24

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I thought we used up our "it was only one game" card vs Washington?

Eh... Our offense turned it over twice when game was still in balance and also had a million penalties. But both of those things are outliers so far this season.

I think we'll play better this week vs. LAC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, people who analyze football account for what he is working with offensively, which isn't much.
Always someone else’s fault, even though he’s got a Pro Bowl RB, very good TE, first and third round picks at WR. But he shares no blame here.

He’s a check down Charlie. Excels everywhere except moving the ball down the field with yards and scoring points. Great.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We won't be drafting top 5, schedule gets easier. If Monti drafts anything but edge rushers in the first 2 rounds he should be fired before day 3 of the draft

I mean if there's one thing that's really super duper wrong with this team right now it's that we can get any pressure whatsoever with four.

We'll never win anything until we fix that.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, people who analyze football account for what he is working with offensively, which isn't much.
I mean, you can take away Mahomes weapons and still need to evaluate him on what he's working with. It becomes completely nitpicky and arbitrary if you don't. That's what you'd be doing with Murray. This isn't to take away from him. It's just to say Murray isn't the problem or solution. Which is a problem at QB nowadays. IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how Kyler is the center of attention the past few pages.

If anyone needs to get questioned mightily for today, it should be Monti for that product he put on the field.
A lot of us did that in the offseason where our hope there was rightfully extinguished. There was still hope for Kyler. Now that’s being slowly extinguished.

Not hard to understand.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Always someone else’s fault, even though he’s got a Pro Bowl RB, very good TE, first and third round picks at WR. But he shares no blame here.

He’s a check down Charlie. Excels everywhere except moving the ball down the field with yards and scoring points. Great.
ON a roll with these horrible takes today.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey just a question. I'm sure someone on this board can answer for me. Can't check at the moment.
My question is simply; Of the teams that picked top 5 in the draft, are the Cardinals the only team to have 5 of their first 6 games scheduled against playoff teams from last year?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of us did that in the offseason where our hope there was rightfully extinguished. There was still hope for Kyler. Now that’s being slowly extinguished.

Not hard to understand.
I don’t give a damn what you said in the offseason. I was clearly talking about today.

I’m pretty sure you don’t lack reading comprehension. That definitely wasn’t hard to understand.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Doesn't matter IMO. We are very mediocre regardless. Mediocre teams shouldn't be comfortable and be in borderline panic at all times.

I don't disagree with you that we're middling. Offense has been disappointing.

So many injuries to the offensive line.

MHJ not dominating like we thought he might. Maybe we were unrealistic about it.

K1's deep ball is a little better, but still not back to 2020 - 2021.

Petzing not using Murray's legs consistently.

The season is far from over though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hey just a question. I'm sure someone on this board can answer for me. Can't check at the moment.
My question is simply; Of the teams that picked top 5 in the draft, are the Cardinals the only team to have 5 of their first 6 games scheduled against playoff teams from last year?
I don't know, but that's a fair question. They definitely had a gauntlet to walk, to start the season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for hoping the offense would carry the team this season. What a mess.

One has to analyze the situation and determine what are the symptoms and what are the problems.

I think we can all agree the Cardinals are short on talent. This part is not on the players.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nobody is stupid enough to think a rookie QB (especially from this class) changes anything. Come on. The team is a disaster and QB is not even top 10 on the list of problems
I agree but if a dude making 40 million plus can’t do more with this offense then you reset the clock. You start over and maybe use the ridiculous amount of cap space next year on an actual football team.

I don’t think this is all or even mostly on Kyler. I’m just saying if we are that bad again then you have to reset.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t give a damn what you said in the offseason. I was clearly talking about today.

I’m pretty sure you don’t lack reading comprehension. That definitely wasn’t hard to understand.
Lol. To quote Spaceballs…

“Princess, you are ugly when you’re angry!”

Also, Monti has gotten crushed all over the place today so I’m not even sure about your reading comprehension in the first place.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
K1's deep ball is a little better, but still not back to 2020 - 2021.
I'm still annoyed that he added that extra girth. Both him and Russell tried to get big and lost all their agility and fluidity... especially with their zing on the ball. At least that's what I've seen.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eh... Our offense turned it over twice when game was still in balance and also had a million penalties. But both of those things are outliers so far this season.

I think we'll play better this week vs. LAC.

Why do you expect to things to be better next week against an even better coach and a better pass rush?

Not sure how Kyler is the center of attention the past few pages.

If anyone needs to get questioned mightily for today, it should be Monti for that product he put on the field.

Kyler’s the quarterback. He’s on his mega contract and not trusted to do the right thing with the ball on first down. Doesn’t run; shows up his teammates.

All the fixable stuff remains unfixed. Green Bay tried to hand this game to us and we politely refused. Real Wisconsin Nice.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but that's a fair question. They definitely had a gauntlet to walk, to start the season.
I truly believed we were going to steal a win in Buffalo and be 3-3 at this point. We blew our chances to take that game, and it was there for the taking. Then, there is no reason to think we shouldn't be .500 or + the rest of the year.

But, we are 2-4 and have a couple of worrisome injuries. Our talent on defense is paper thin. Looks kind of grim to hit 7--10 wins.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do you expect to things to be better next week against an even better coach and a better pass rush?

Kyler’s the quarterback. He’s on his mega contract and not trusted to do the right thing with the ball on first down. Doesn’t run; shows up his teammates.

All the fixable stuff remains unfixed. Green Bay tried to hand this game to us and we politely refused. Real Wisconsin Nice.
I never been the type of to put all the good or bad on the Quarterback. Just a box-score watching way of looking at things.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22