Cardinals @ Cowboys postgame thread

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards had basically half of the penalty yards and led time of possession by 10 min

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I hate listening to Aikman when we play Dallas, it feels great when we beat them. Was great when the final drive started with him saying we are at a disadvantage because we can’t run. Then we run out the clock! Love this win!
He's not that bad for a
Cowboys Homer.. i wonder how many Cards fans would hate Kurt Warner calling the same game? ;)

Reaction score

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Byron Murphy played like absolute ****. Still wondering why Jordan Hicks got that PI called on him? Jones is better at tackle but he played like **** also, I see why he slipped to the 3rd round. I've been saying it, VJ needs to use Simmons blitzing through the A gap, he gets to the QB so fast. Rushed Dak on an A gap blitz that turned out being the biggest play of the game because of the fumble recovery. Dortch (sp) could be a sleeper? Why does KK not call plays where Ertz pinch blocks, then releases down the middle, or drag routes, easy yards right there? Oh well, glad we won, just observations today.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard his take on the Cardinals many times. He can be very critical. He was on the broadcast vs. Indy. Not a Cardinal homer in my opinion.
This is because he is a Rams homer.

Reactions: PJ1

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe how much different of a game VJ called today. Last week they weren't blitzing, even rushed 3 on a key play late in the game and got burned. Today he was bringing bodies like Todd Bowles was back in town. Unfortunately, they didn't get a ton of pressure, which is troubling, but overall, IT WORKED. Murphy had a career-bad day, but he'll bounce back.

Most impressive to me was the Cards' last drive. ALL the momentum was in the Cowturds favor, and I was sure that Kliff would try to get cute on that last drive and there would be a quick 3-and-out, punt, then Dallas cruises to the game-winning drive. But NO, that final possession was absolutely brilliant. Nice of the refs to help by blowing YET ANOTHER delay of game call (why doesn't the NFL fix this???) and MAYBE allow a fumble on the Edmonds carry (looked like he was down to me, but that doesn't seem to be the consensus opinion).

A much-needed win and now hopefully they can turn the corner from that bad streak and enter the playoffs on a high note. Great win.
They weren't getting pressure up the middle on the blitzes, twisting linemen from middle to outside & outside to middle, then blitzing Simmons through the A gap fixes that. He's so fast & gets to the QB so fast.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
January 9th is the earliest Watt can come back. Depends totally on his rehab. He was attacking it hard last time I looked at an update on him.
Really?? He would be a HUGE addition to the playoff roster. I don't care how many sacks he had, we were a much tougher D with him in the lineup.

No reason whatsoever for him to play next week, but if he could cone back for the playoffs it would be huge

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I have such mixed emotions on this.
On one hand my petty side loves seeing a cowboys fan suffer like we have over the years.

But on the other hand...I'm a cardinals fan, and on any given game day this could be me making this video....and I commiserate with him.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really?? He would be a HUGE addition to the playoff roster. I don't care how many sacks he had, we were a much tougher D with him in the lineup.

No reason whatsoever for him to play next week, but if he could cone back for the playoffs it would be huge
I was listening to the one of the podcasts (98.7) maybe it was Bickley & Marotta? Anyway, one of them did the math on his return, he had the surgery October 9th & January 9th will be 3 months they said. The surgeon told him the earliest he could come back was 3 months. They went on to say he had been attacking his rehab hard & was already lifting weights, to what extent they didn't know. Most timelines I've read on his surgeries require 4-6 months but his surgeon told him 3-4. He makes our defense better but how effective can he be coming back sooner than expected?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
And ppl think there’s Darksiders on this site…
I’m just here from the halo light making it look like has crazy eyes:

Attachments

• C14659BC-0718-4484-A897-AAEE01E2E524.jpeg
    C14659BC-0718-4484-A897-AAEE01E2E524.jpeg
    455.8 KB · Views: 2

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy