Cardinals cut list and new signings/trades

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
I had season tickets in the late 90’s and early 2000’s for several years. I want to say I remember going over to some bar that was across the street from SDS At halftime. They always had a big outdoor bar set up in their parking lot on football Sundays. We would go there before games as well and they sold “airline” bottles you could sneak in the stadium. Good times! Don’t remember the name of the place though.
Bandersnatch Brew Pub

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Most are ghost to me after that preseason. Might end up tricking themselves again, look at my Maserati- and a pinto shows up.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
For all of the Michael Carter truthers, this is a great example of the value of 3rd or 4th RBs. Cam Thomas netted a 7th and Carter netted nothing.
Gotta save that 2/3mil to add to our 30mil+ in cap space that is not going to be spent. There was minimal downside in keeping him on the roster.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We might see Carter back.

He was cut because he has a $3.5m cap hit and you don't pay that for a 3rd string RB that might get 80 total touches.

Nobody is going to claim him with that cap hit so he'll become FA. It's possible we cut him with the hope of bringing him back for vet min, but obviously he has a free market to choose from too.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We might see Carter back.

He was cut because he has a $3.5m cap hit and you don't pay that for a 3rd string RB that might get 80 total touches.

Nobody is going to claim him with that cap hit so he'll become FA. It's possible we cut him with the hope of bringing him back for vet min, but obviously he has a free market to choose from too.
This makes total sense. Sometimes as fans we don't see the dollar impact in light of the cut, only the visceral reaction to the move.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today (8/28):

-12pm(ET): waiver claims expire. At that time, teams may also officially begin signing their practice squad.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://x.com/HBalzer721
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
13h

Won't be surprised if Cardinals rookie free-agent DL Myles Murphy is signed to practice squad if he clears waivers. He had $175,000 of salary guaranteed in his contract, so if on the practice squad, that salary of $12,500 per week is close to a wash from what team would owe him.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
13h

Won't be surprised if Cardinals rookie free-agent DL Myles Murphy is signed to practice squad if he clears waivers. He had $175,000 of salary guaranteed in his contract, so if on the practice squad, that salary of $12,500 per week is close to a wash from what team would owe him.
My guess as candidates.

Rookies & 2nd year players: DT Murphy, WR Palmer, TE Whitehart, CB Jalen Davis.

Veteran players
OT Hayes, Andre Chachere

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This makes total sense. Sometimes as fans we don't see the dollar impact in light of the cut, only the visceral reaction to the move.

I think we overestimate the market too.

Rosterable running backs are 10 a penny, although Carter is one o fthe better ones available, and also very scheme dependent. And he's not a good blocker so nobody is picking him up for that.

Teams just spent several weeks working with a room to get them scheme ready and won't be super hot to bring a guy in to a new scheme and lose a guy that has it down.

On saying that there are a couple of obvious options for him. Browns only have 2 RBs on the 53 with Chubb on PUP and it's a similar scheme, and the Packers lost AJ Dillon.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope they pick up an edge rusher. I liked both K.J. Henry and Andre Carter in the 2023 draft. Or it could be a reunion between Gannon and Kyron Johnson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals re-sign Desmond Ridder to the practice squad. They must like what they see.

Do the Cardinals really believe that?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zero waiver claims.

This doesn't seem right, I would think with the 4th claim there should have been at least 1 guy worth grabbing.
The headline said none awarded… is it possible they put in and the 3 teams ahead just liked the same players? I don’t know just asking.

Last edited: