Cardinals have things to be excited about

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
If I couldn't root for the Cardinals and wanted to "adopt" another NFL team, it would probably be the Falcones.

Aside from Vick, I like Duckett. I like all of your corners. I like Brookings. I like Jaspar. And I like Kerney and Smith.

Your O-Line is basically "no-name" but, hey! It works - in fact a helluva lot better than ours does. I also like Mora's idea of rotating your offensive linemen so that opponents won't know in advance which guys they have to scout.

I appreciate this visit from a opposing fan who didn't arrive on this board with both guns blazing (and both lips flapping). Don't be a stranger.
well you're going to get to see duckett this week dunn is injured and is going to be nursing his mcl for a week.

alex gibbs has done alot for the line and run game it's still not that good but it's improved every week.

i have no animosity towards the cards or the fans you all seem to be good people from what i've seen and heard, and it shows alot about you guys that you've stuck with your team falcons and cards are alike both have horrible histories with both franchises really turning things around for the better. can't wait till there's a cardinal's falcon's nfc championship hopefully that will happen :D in years to come.

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
That won't matter, Josh doesn't audible anyways :)

I think there's always the potential in a dome for a young Qb to be intimidated, anybody who saw our playoff game in Minnesota will remember how shaky Jake looked in the first half, and he'd started 25 regular season games and won a playoff game, Josh has far less experience.

On paper I don't think Atlanta is dramatically better than us, they just have "playmakers" and we as of yet, don't.
regardless of audibles.. the dome noise caused 4 or 5 false starts.

talentwise i'm not sure on paper were supposed to be 5 and 11 but the falcons have a probowler in the making of bryan scott, kevin mathis may not be the greatest cover corner in the league but he was crucial in stopping faulk last week. obviously there's kerney and brooking.

i have looked at your guys roster and the reports from scouts inc. and i do believe your defense is way underrated and that's why i'm worried about this game.

i don't think our coaching staff or players are going to take the cardinals lightly though. it should be a really good game to watch.

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
The Cards haven't been very strong on the road for years and years now but, FWIW, we have had good success in the past on the road in Atlanta. You're right about the blitzing though. After last week, we're going to be seeing lots of them until we prove we beat it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:

talentwise i'm not sure on paper were supposed to be 5 and 11 but the falcons have a probowler in the making of bryan scott, kevin mathis may not be the greatest cover corner in the league but he was crucial in stopping faulk last week. obviously there's kerney and brooking.

i have looked at your guys roster and the reports from scouts inc. and i do believe your defense is way underrated and that's why i'm worried about this game.

i don't think our coaching staff or players are going to take the cardinals lightly though. it should be a really good game to watch.

I think the difference is you have some guys like Vick, and Price, and Kerney and Brooking who HAVE made big plays at big times in their careers.

The closest thing we had to a playmaker last year was Dexter Jackson, injured now. We added Bert Berry who made plays last week but has to do it consistently. Without Quan, we have nobody else who has proven yet they can do it, we're hoping Fitz will, but as of yet nobody has stepped up.

Scheme and effort and coaching are all invaluable, but in the end football games are often won on 2-3 big plays, and we need guys to prove they can make those plays.

False starts, comeon surely you don't expect all pro LT Leonard "Big" Davis to false start because of some crowd noise :) By far my biggest concern in this game is Kerney beating AC and Brady Smith beating Big. Brady is not a "speed" rusher deluxe but he's probably fast enough to give Big problems and Kerney against AC on paper is TOTAL mismatch for Atlanta. Actually add to that Rod Coleman against Spikes and Stepanovich, that could be a huge mismatch for Atlanta too.

If you didn't notice, our OL is horrible right now.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:

Noise?? noise?? The noise won't effect our OL, they'll false start 4 or 5 times, in a library.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Welcome Schaub4MVP!

:raccoon:

I hope Vick wont tear us to shreads this weekend.

Should be a great game!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Honestly this upcoming week will tell the "fate" of the 2004 Arizona Cardinals season. A "Win" and they are 1-2 with two very winnable games coming up after that. BUT if they lose and fall to 0-3 they are most likely out as far as playoff hopes go as that would be one deep hole to climb out of.

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05