Cardinals on the Clock?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
After last year's record of a totality of injuries (regardless if Palmer was still any good or not), it's really hard to know what the hell we have because it is coming down more to coaching than anything else. I think where Wilks might fail as a first year coach compared to Arians (come on, for all his faults he was still a damn good coach and that final season proved more pros than cons in my opinion), we could carry the day with the quality of our positional coaching as Wilks gets his feet wet. This team could win just four games or win ten. Look at how the NFL shifts drastically every freaking year. Every team has professional athletes in what amounts to frequent turn around personnel. We should also be careful to snub Wilks after his first year if we struggle because the guy is new to the position and really only has a year to also field a team which encompasses his approach. What gives me extreme hope and a legit enthusiasm is freaking Josh Rosen who has the makings of what you want a franchise QB to be, though yet to be shown, but nothing not to be excited about... and then the cap space the following year to pounce on building a team around him :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dunno. I kinda hope they are right.... what are the odds we win the big one this year?? right??...we can go ahead and suck.... maybe use that top pick on a stud MLB or something...maybe on PP21's eventual replacement....

so Bradford plays a few decent games, gets dinged up...and Rosen gets game experience...we add in a #1 overall pick,...followed by a #33 overall pick...we could be looking pretty good.

as much as it suxx to struggle through losing seasons it could be good for us if these guys fight and stay competitive through one of the toughest schedules of the season then add two top 40 rookies and a few decent free agents with the $90mil we have... it could set us up to go on a nice run for a few years

come on

it aint like we have never gone 5-11 now is it...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What is silly about it? I never said it mattered as far as wins & losses who your 3rd QB is. As far as 1 thru 3 we are better suited than most. What is hard to understand about that? Haven't we been on our #3 in the past? If it matters zero why comment?

Sam Bradford is a loser lol. We've had loser QB's in the past. Sam isn't a loser. Wager as to where he ends up league wise as QB this year? We can go by stats or wins losses. Or your famed website you always refer to for absolute say on how a player performed?
He probably
Is 11 games under .500 for his pro career because he’s such a winner.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ed Oliver, man, I don’t see how he doesn’t become the #1 pick for the next draft. One of the best overall prospects I have ever seen.

Most explosive DT coming out since Donald. Devin White is the most talented LB I have ever watched. Elite size, strength, instincts and agility. Really fun to watch!

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
Injuries are no excuse. We will have more this season just like every other team. I’ll be happy if our Special Teams can improve from being an embarrassment like they we’re last year to being just mediocre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Injuries are no excuse. We will have more this season just like every other team. I’ll be happy if our Special Teams can improve from being an embarrassment like they we’re last year to being just mediocre.

It's not an excuse but a legit reason when a majority of your offensive line, starting QB and stud running back is out lol

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
It's not an excuse but a legit reason when a majority of your offensive line, starting QB and stud running back is out lol

My point is we will have injuries again this season. And probably at some key positions. I hope I’m wrong but they happen every year. Football is a game of attrition. Great teams overcome them.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point is we will have injuries again this season. And probably at some key positions. I hope I’m wrong but they happen every year. Football is a game of attrition. Great teams overcome them.

And great teams sometimes get very lucky on injuries. Us, in 2015. The rams and vikes last year had their olines stay intact.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Steelers
Redskins
New England
Ravens
Eagles

All have better starting QBs (most BY A MILE) and guys who've shown the ability to win games or hold their own or are rookies with major upside behind them.

No one would take our QB room over anyone above. Maybe the Ravens.

Green Bay. Rodgers, Kizer, Hundley
Denver
Pittsburgh

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some keys to this season IMO, due to having a new coaching staff

Game time adjustments

Clock management

Play calling in the red zone

2 minute offense. How long will it take to develop during the season?

ST's starting the season strong and making an impact

Putting players in a position to make plays

Last edited:
Reaction score
FWIW, I’m happy with our QB situation. Since you asked though, here’s 10...

New England - Brady, Hoyer, Etling
New Orleans - Brees, Savage, & Barrett
Pittsburgh - Ben, Dobbs, Rudolph
Green Bay - Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer
Seattle - Wilson, Davis, McGough
Detroit - Stafford, Cassell, Rudock
Atlanta - Ryan, Schaub, Benkert
Philly - Wentz, Foles, Sudfeld
Rams - Goff, Mannion, Allen
San Francisco

There's only 2 on this list that has a better 3 than we do. Philly & Green Bay & Green Bay is questionable. Like I said. We are in the top 5. You can't go by starting QB alone.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yes. all team have injuries but not always to the major positions that we did. How do you think Pittsburgh would be if both Big Ben and Bell went down? You saw what happened to GB when Rodgers went out (they were pedestrian, at best). What if NO lost Brees and Kamara/Ingram?
Do you think Seattle goes to the super bowl when they did without a healthy Russell Wilson and Lynch? The list could go on and on. You take two of the most important pieces on any team and they become mediocre or bad.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes. all team have injuries but not always to the major positions that we did. How do you think Pittsburgh would be if both Big Ben and Bell went down? You saw what happened to GB when Rodgers went out (they were pedestrian, at best). What if NO lost Brees and Kamara/Ingram?
Do you think Seattle goes to the super bowl when they did without a healthy Russell Wilson and Lynch? The list could go on and on. You take two of the most important pieces on any team and they become mediocre or bad.

You have to be good with those guys, first. The Cards went 7-8-1 with both those guys healthy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green Bay. Rodgers, Kizer, Hundley
Denver
Pittsburgh

Denver? I think they are the worst in the league - Case Keenum is not a legit starter. Paxton Lynch is garbage. I think Elway is certifiable for not having drafted a QB at 5.

Bradford is not the 25th best starter - he is top 15 easily the way he has played in his last 20 starts.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's May 30th and the excitement of Cardinals drafting a QBOTF has not waned off. August cannot be here soon enough.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sure, let's ignore the kicking woes of that season that had nothing to do with "those guys."
no need to 'Ignore" anything... its a team sport...
The fact is, we sucked roxx even with Palmer and Johnson...."as a team"..

we should be marginally better just due to the changes in ST coaching .... perhaps having a new head coach will motivate the guys to play better as well...a new staff also means nobody has recent tape on us and that could get us a win or two early.

But we do have what appears to be a brutal schedule this year. It is quite possible this team improves but has a worse record to show for it come january.

But then everyone was expecting us to suck in year one with BA too and that turned out pretty good

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand this season may be rough. What is down the road is exciting. Hopefully it will come sooner than later.
I expect a decent season. We have two quality quarterbacks in Bradford and rosen and an elite running back paired with a good defense.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
I covet a great offensive line to protect our QB and open holes for DJ. A lousy OLine ruins good teams by not giving the QB enough time to throw or establish a running game. Too many 3-and-outs and our defense gets worn out in the 4th quarter and gives up big plays.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05