Cardinals on the Clock?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have a lower opinion of Sam than I do. Bradford isn't that far off from Rodgers or Brady so it's not >>>> it's more like half of >. :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Next there is the big change on Defense. Aside from losing the Honeybadger not much has changed from a defensive roster standpoint. The good news is that transitioning to a 4-3 isn't as difficult as going to a 3-4. For some this transition may actually be a positive as the 4-3 players have less to remember (see Nkemdiche). For others it may be more difficult (LBs and learning/adapting to their new roles).

Finally there is the OL and the question of health. 4 of the OL starters missed significant time last year with injury. If the injury bug hits the OL again this year it could be a long painful season for the Offense.

Still even with all of these questions I see the Cardinals as a 6-10 to 8-8 team as the work through the transition of a new coaching staff and team rebuilding and getting younger.

It's funny reading the national media take on the Cardinals losing HB. I thought he was a solid player last year, but he obviously was not worth even close to what his payday was going to be this season. I think Baker can easily slide into his role and at least play to the level HB was playing at.

Honestly, I don't even factor Nkemdiche into the equation anymore, I'm all about Olsen Pierre now. I think he can be an above average 3 Tech. I guess Nkemdiche can be his backup. I think LB is going to be the weakest position on the team.

I agree, the OL's health was it's primary issue last year. Every team has injuries, but the Cardinals had a really banged up OL last year. If everyone can stay a little bit more healthy, I think the team performs better this coming season.

I think this team is between a 6-9 win team. I don't see any worse, nor any better. Granted, maybe Bradford stays healthy and lights it. Maybe Kirk steps in and is immediately a solid #2. But I think too many variables have to come together to project more than 9 wins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you have a lower opinion of Sam than I do. Bradford isn't that far off from Rodgers or Brady so it's not >>>> it's more like half of >. :)
WHAAAAAT?!?

Okay. We just can’t talk about this. You live in a different universe than I.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, well you guys think he on the level of Ryan Lindley.

No...we've said he's average. But in your mind, anyone not celebrating every cardinals player at a Pro-Bowl level is instantly calling them trash.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The kicking game and how it directly contributed to losses in 2016 and the 14/15 players on IR or missing significant time in 2017 were not "excuses" but demonstrable facts that contributed to our record.
Contributed to, but weren’t the sole cause. Every team has different snafus each season. The end of the conversation is the last two seasons the team has won 8 or fewer games. You are what your record is. Particularly when that record is somewhat consistent over a two year span.

Reaction score
No...we've said he's average. But in your mind, anyone not celebrating every cardinals player at a Pro-Bowl level is instantly calling them trash.

Always to the extremes with you. I don't feel every player on the Cards is a Pro Bowl player. Can Bradford become a Pro Bowler? Most certainly. I think you & your brother are severely underestimating Bradford. He is an above average QB. How many starters in the league would you put above him? Which ones would you rather have start for the Cards? Top 10.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Always to the extremes with you. I don't feel every player on the Cards is a Pro Bowl player. Can Bradford become a Pro Bowler? Most certainly. I think you & your brother are severely underestimating Bradford. He is an above average QB. How many starters in the league would you put above him? Which ones would you rather have start for the Cards? Top 10.

I also think Sam is a good to above average QB, when healthy but I would probably take about half of the leagues starters over him.
Just to name a handful:
Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Wilson, Stafford, Cousins, Goff, Wentz, Ryan, Cam, Rivers, Watson, Luck, Carr, Alex Smith.
Although not totaling sold on, I would also put Dak, Jimmy G, Mariota & Winston in the conversation ahead of Sam

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always to the extremes with you.

Says the guy who JUST accused others of comparing Ryan Lindley to Bradford? Give me a break with that nonsense.

I don't feel every player on the Cards is a Pro Bowl player.

Yeah... and John Brown isn't just as good as Antonio Brown, but BETTER when healthy... even though he's never healthy and even when he is has NEVER shown the ability to be anywhere close to Antonio's league.

Or how about when you said Carson Palmer was better than Ben Rothlisberger.

Or that Justin Bethel was going to be a good #2 CB and you weren't worried about him?

You CONSISTENTLY overrate our marginal players to such a ridiculous degree it's hard to keep track of all of them.

Can Bradford become a Pro Bowler? Most certainly. I think you & your brother are severely underestimating Bradford. He is an above average QB. How many starters in the league would you put above him? Which ones would you rather have start for the Cards? Top 10.

Are you kidding? And what does it matter if I come up with 10? You're just going to completely ignore it or find some really impossible to defend reason why you're right... like with your top 5 QB rooms in the league.

But just for ish and giggles... here's a top 12 easy:

Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Alex Smith, Garrapollo, Wilson, Cousins, Wentz, Stafford, Cam

There's twelve that are EASILY better than him. Not only from a stats perspective, but ability to stay on the field and actually lead teams to Ws. And I'd still take Goff, Carr and Luck (and if we're going to assume Bradford's never healthy ass is going to be healthy, you've to afford Luck the same luck there).

So, that's now 15. Which puts him squarely in the middle... an average starter who can never stay healthy. That's who he is. That's why he's been on 4 teams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

And I get accused of trolling. The only winning season in Sam Bradford's career was 2 games long. He's never thrown more than 21 TDs in a season, and that was in 2012.

16 quarterbacks threw at least 12 TDs last year, including Blake Bortles. Sam Bradford has never thrown more TDs in a season than Blake Bortles did last year. Andy Dalton has thrown 33 TDs in a single season, and Sam Bradford has not. Case Keenum threw more TDs last season than Sam Bradford has in any season in his career — and he only started 14 games.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Bradford can win ball games if he has protection and decent receivers. I think he is in that average to good range, depending on the opponent and his surrounding cast.

Bradford has always struggled to stay healthy, that's really his only issue. I feel alot better about the Cardinals QB room with Rosen in there. I think Rosen can be in the good to great range. He just seems to have that natural feel for the game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And I get accused of trolling. The only winning season in Sam Bradford's career was 2 games long. He's never thrown more than 21 TDs in a season, and that was in 2012.

16 quarterbacks threw at least 12 TDs last year, including Blake Bortles. Sam Bradford has never thrown more TDs in a season than Blake Bortles did last year. Andy Dalton has thrown 33 TDs in a single season, and Sam Bradford has not. Case Keenum threw more TDs last season than Sam Bradford has in any season in his career — and he only started 14 games.

I think IF Bradford stayed healthy, he throws more TDs than Keenum. We've seen Keenum and Bradford literally play on the same teams and Bradford was usually (minus this year) better than Keenum.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think IF Bradford stayed healthy, he throws more TDs than Keenum. We've seen Keenum and Bradford literally play on the same teams and Bradford was usually (minus this year) better than Keenum.

And yet Keenum threw 22 TDs last season — in just 14 games — and Bradford has never done so, even when he's stayed healthy.

Sam Bradford had the same receiving group last season and thew 20 TDs and lost a bunch of games after starting 5-0.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And yet Keenum threw 22 TDs last season — in just 14 games — and Bradford has never done so, even when he's stayed healthy.

Sam Bradford had the same receiving group last season and thew 20 TDs and lost a bunch of games after starting 5-0.

Players do improves Kerouac. The Vikings receiving corps became really good last year. Thielen and Diggs were better players last season than the year before. It's a valid argument. I don't really care if it's true or not but it is valid.

My point is still that Sam Bradford is a decent starting QB. He's not a bottom run player, and he is capable of winning football games if the team around him is any good. But the dude just doesn't stay healthy so I'm glad the Cardinals have Rosen waiting to take over.

Reaction score
Says the guy who JUST accused others of comparing Ryan Lindley to Bradford? Give me a break with that nonsense.

I went to an extreme on purpose as an example of the extremes you go to.

Yeah... and John Brown isn't just as good as Antonio Brown, but BETTER when healthy... even though he's never healthy and even when he is has NEVER shown the ability to be anywhere close to Antonio's league.

Or how about when you said Carson Palmer was better than Ben Rothlisberger.

Or that Justin Bethel was going to be a good #2 CB and you weren't worried about him?

How about you taking everything out of context? I said the group of 3 if healthy was just as good as their 3. A healthy DJ, JB, & Palmer could put up the same stats as Ben, AB, & LB. But you always point to an unhealthy John Brown to AB. That's not what I compared & you know it.

You CONSISTENTLY overrate our marginal players to such a ridiculous degree it's hard to keep track of all of them.

And you do the same the opposite direction. So what. It's a freakin opinion. And another example of the extremes you go to. Never once said a marginal player was a probowler or anything of the sort. Link?

Are you kidding? And what does it matter if I come up with 10? You're just going to completely ignore it or find some really impossible to defend reason why you're right... like with your top 5 QB rooms in the league.

But just for ish and giggles... here's a top 12 easy:

Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Alex Smith, Garrapollo, Wilson, Cousins, Wentz, Stafford, Cam

So Smith who you always hated, Garappolo whose played less than 10 games as a starter, Stafford who is the definition of average, & Cam who can't hit the broad side of a barn & is better at running than passing is who you would put above Bradford. Smh

There's twelve that are EASILY better than him. Not only from a stats perspective, but ability to stay on the field and actually lead teams to Ws. And I'd still take Goff, Carr and Luck (and if we're going to assume Bradford's never healthy ass is going to be healthy, you've to afford Luck the same luck there).

Where are their records for completion percentage? If they are easily better I would expect them to have completion percentages. Higher than Bradford.

So, that's now 15. Which puts him squarely in the middle... an average starter who can never stay healthy. That's who he is. That's why he's been on 4 teams.

See above. ;) Health is the only thing that's held Bradford back. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell. It's not Cards fandom clouding my judgment. I've been a fan of his since he was on the Rams. The guy is damn good. Just had a hard time staying healthy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05