Cardinals @ Seahawks Game Day Thread - 11/16/08

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
LOL what an exciting team to watch, especially when they pull out the W!

GO BIG RED

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Well we survived another one inspite of some mistakes. Hopefully the next guy to get a pick in the end zone just takes a knee(unless its Rolle).
DRC gets the game ball from me just for saving us the agony of a Seahawk drive.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
DRC is in the building!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but......I am pretty sure that if the Cowpukes beat the Niners next week we will win the division. Am I correct??

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
You guys can get on me for my pessimistic outlook but these last two games, save for the wins, were dreadful.

The play calling is questionable to say the least, we've needed a new punter all year, they lack discipline ( a fact evidenced by the huge number of penalties), and they've done everything except give the games away gift wrapped.

Winning is better then losing, no doubt about it, but have they turned the corner or are they just the "least" crappy team in their division?

If we play like this against the Giants, they'll get crushed.

After 51 years of following them I think I'm think I'm entitled to bitch a little and this is the place to do amongst fellow fans, no?

I don't want them to merely "make" the playoffs, I want them to go to the Super Bowl and win it, and they won't do that, playing like this.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I understand your frustration but can you give us at least 24 hours to celebrate our first win in Seattle in 5 years???

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys can get on me for my pessimistic outlook but these last two games, save for the wins, were dreadful.

The play calling is questionable to say the least, we've needed a new punter all year, they lack discipline ( a fact evidenced by the huge number of penalties), and they've done everything except give the games away gift wrapped.

Winning is better then losing, no doubt about it, but have they turned the corner or are they just the "least" crappy team in their division?

After 51 years of following them I think I'm think I'm entitled to bitch a little and this is the place to do amongst fellow fans, no?

I don't want them to merely "make" the playoffs, I want them to go to the Super Bowl and win it, and they won't do that, playing like this.

Normally we get crushed on the road against Seattle. Baby steps my friend.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration but can you give us at least 24 hours to celebrate our first win in Seattle in 5 years???

Exactly. Any win there, in any style, was going to be a large step forward for our team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
still, this team has a lot to learn. Penalties and turnovers almost killed this team today.

Im confident we can learn on the fly. We have drastically improved our tackling the last few weeks.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WOW what a game man can't believe we have just won these past 3 games simply amazing. These may have not been the prettiest of wins but the cardinals of old would have found a way to lose at the end. Great job by DRC on that pick to seal the game amazing game by him great draft choice :)

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score

No problem with wanting that. And wanting the Cards to kill everyone every game. But saying that we are going to lose the game and that Seattle is gonna win the division is where you got me. Even if we had lost the game today, we still would have been in great shape to win the division. That was the only reason I was giving you a hard time.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score

making the playoffs is the first step, lets enjoy if it happens and move on from there eh

we are building an it does take time as we know.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
WOW what a game man can't believe we have just won these past 3 games simply amazing. These may have not been the prettiest of wins but the cardinals of old would have found a way to lose at the end. Great job by DRC on that pick to seal the game amazing game by him great draft choice :)

The Cards of "old" would have lost those games and be 4-6 instead of 7-3. 7-3........WOW that sounds good.........:thumbup:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Exactly. Any win there, in any style, was going to be a large step forward for our team.

I like the fact that now we've gotten to the point that not only are they picky about wins but they are picky on ROAD wins.

We now have more road wins (3) than we had last season (2) already

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No,you don/t get to bitch. Not here. Not today.
Tomorrow? Maybe. We are 7-3 my friend. Three weeks ago we were 4-3 and the entire season in the balance. We were facing 3 division games with 2 of them on the road.
We came. We saw. We conquered.
FIFTY ONES YEARS. You said it yourself. Enjoy my friend. Drink it all in.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score

So are you saying "It's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game"??????

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember CB Ralph Brown sneaking into the game but this kid can play.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
No problem with wanting that. And wanting the Cards to kill everyone every game. But saying that we are going to lose the game and that Seattle is gonna win the division is where you got me. Even if we had lost the game today, we still would have been in great shape to win the division. That was the only reason I was giving you a hard time.

The only problem I have with your post is that I didn't say EITHER of those things. Go back and check I said "IF" we lose the game we wouldn't make the playoffs. And I never said Seattle would win the Div if we didn't.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well forget the kid reference on Brown. He's thirty. However, this does doe take away from his excellent play as defensive back today for the Cardinals.