Cards 18 Falcons 29: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What else is there to say.

The Good

Nothing-There isn't one aspect of this game that was good. Nothing.

The Bad

The Defense-Maybe it was an emotional letdown after last week but this was not their greatest effort. Matt Ryan looked like Aaron Rogers today and the Falcons dropped 500 yards on us today including a has been back being the first running back to gain 100 yards on us. It seemed like no one was up for this game.

No Fitz Again-This team is just lost without him.

Bad Loss-I know it's on the road but the Falcons are a bad, bad football team. The worst defense in football and our inept offense made them look like the '85 Bears. But there's no excuse for losing to this team, a team that couldn't win a game outside of their own horrible division until today.

The Ugly

Drew Stanton-I tried giving this guy a chance but he simply is not an NFL QB.

No Running Game-Going against the worst rushing defense, Ellington and Grice could have worn ice skates and ran all over this team but, alas, not to be.

14 Offensive Points In 10 Quarters-The freaking Rams put up 52 points today. 52 and this is with Shawn freaking Hill at QB and we can't score more than 14 points against 3 different teams.

This Team Has No Business In The Playoffs-I said if we can't beat the Falcons, we have no business being in the playoffs. Well...

Proving The Naysayers Right-The entire football world was just waiting for the wheels to come off of this team and lo and behold the Cards don't disappoint.

I'm so bummed right now that I can't stand it. Had a wonderful day celebrating Thanksgiving with family(I had to work Thursday) and watching my daughter eat turkey for the first time only for it to be spoiled by the worst effort this team has put out since the end of the Whiz era. I've tried being confident in the loss of Palmer but when that happened, it's like we went from a contender to the same 'ol Cards. Oh well, next up to whoop our asses, the Chiefs.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you say but no team could overcome all of these injuries. The wheels came off due to injuries. Palmer was the final straw.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frustrating game for sure. I had sooo much faith in BA that I believed that even with all the injuries and then even CP going down that we would beat teams like the Falcons and hey, maybe even make some noise in the playoffs.

Not saying it can't happen but if I had to bet my last $100 bucks it would be against the Cards at this point.

BA will restore all our faith in him and we will win at least one more game this year. Don't know if it will be enough to get us in the playoffs or if it even matters at this point because the only chance we had was to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you say but no team could overcome all of these injuries. The wheels came off due to injuries. Palmer was the final straw.

Stanton threw 2 TD passes against a much, much better defense. Atlanta has a horrible defense except today.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stanton threw 2 TD passes against a much, much better defense. Atlanta has a horrible defense except today.

He did and then threw a couple of bad picks and has been crap since. The guy looks confused and has the Skelton high throw disease to boot.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

I contribute the Larry factor for the offensive woes the last two loses. He creates so much attention from the defense it opens the game up for the rest our offense.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Cards are the #1 seed in the NFL, with 3 games left! have been so all year! We need a RB and not be ascared of playing Lindley!

Wish we could trade for Eli for PPs mouth!

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I'll give the Good a try as well. Agree a screen pass that worked was good to see.

Rashad had a good game and has had a very good season.

It's good for us to see how pitiful this offense is without Fitz before we lose him because of CAP reasons. I know I take him for granted at times but I agree with NativeAZfan that not having Fitz on the field impacts the entire offense.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We played like garbage! Absolute garbage! But lets not discount the last 2 weeks we have played two DESPERATE teams in their houses and it was obvious in both game which was the desperate team! Maybe now we can get a little desperation going with our own squad we looked like we were sleep walking until we were down 17 zip it was ridiculous. Hopefully we see a much better effort at home because home games may be our only shot at wins if Stanton can't get a whole lot better overnight!

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
So I'll give the Good a try as well. Agree a screen pass that worked was good to see.

Rashad had a good game and has had a very good season.

It's good for us to see how pitiful this offense is without Fitz before we lose him because of CAP reasons. I know I take him for granted at times but I agree with NativeAZfan that not having Fitz on the field impacts the entire offense.

:yeahthat:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also under the good: Cooper took some playing time from Larsen and I'll bet he has his job before the end of the year.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
BA deserves an F for coaching. The running game has been awful and yet he starts out with the same Ellington runs for little gain. Why not use Stefan Taylor to at least keep the defense guessing a little about who would get the ball. To me Grice looked promising. He made some good moves.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was puzzled on a particular set of downs. Sometime in the 4th quarter before the game was decided, Cards had a 3rd and about 3 near mid-field. Play call is a deep side line pass... incomplete, then a punt. I don't get why they didn't put Taylor or Bush in and try to bang it for the 1st down and then go for it on 4th if they didn't make it. What did they have to lose?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would love to see more Grice, he is a talented guy, whats the harm? Not like Andre is tearing it up!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BA deserves an F for coaching. The running game has been awful and yet he starts out with the same Ellington runs for little gain. Why not use Stefan Taylor to at least keep the defense guessing a little about who would get the ball. To me Grice looked promising. He made some good moves.

I just don't get why he doesn't run more with who he has? They had 10 running attempts with one of them being a Stanton scramble. Run the ball more even if you are getting 3 or 4 yards. Makes the defense honest.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't get why he doesn't run more with who he has? They had 10 running attempts with one of them being a Stanton scramble. Run the ball more even if you are getting 3 or 4 yards. Makes the defense honest.

Also less of Stanton passing.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If drew is gonna play this poorly one has to wonder how long can BA stick with him? Honestly how much horrible play or how many losses before you have to do something?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ugly

Drew Stanton-I tried giving this guy a chance but he simply is not an NFL QB.

No Running Game-Going against the worst rushing defense, Ellington and Grice could have worn ice skates and ran all over this team but, alas, not to be.

14 Offensive Points In 10 Quarters-The freaking Rams put up 52 points today. 52 and this is with Shawn freaking Hill at QB and we can't score more than 14 points against 3 different teams.

This Team Has No Business In The Playoffs-I said if we can't beat the Falcons, we have no business being in the playoffs. Well...

Proving The Naysayers Right-The entire football world was just waiting for the wheels to come off of this team and lo and behold the Cards don't disappoint.
This.

How can other teams backups come in and do so well?

Pretenders for sure right now.