Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denver Offensive Line coach.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont we have a respected Oline coach and ST coach? Dont we have the worst of both? Im sure Denny is to blame for that too right? Wait no?

Actually yes. Denny gets blame for that. Denver's OLine coach has been respected for the past 20 years. I would take that over Loney anyday of the week.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Well it's got to be a good one, Weis to me is it, beg him, show him the money, plead with him.

Show him Leinart, Boldin and Fitz plus show him a 6 year deal with his choice of assistants.

Buy him a house, a maid, a new car, and finally give him free cable, everyone loves free cable.

He can also have all of the snack cakes that Denny left around his office.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Actually yes. Denny gets blame for that. Denver's OLine coach has been respected for the past 20 years. I would take that over Loney anyday of the week.

Denvers OLine coach is their OC, he's only been an OLine coach for 5 years. 20 years ago he was playing LB for the Broncos.

??

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think they just got fed up with the offense and Rackers to be honest.

The defense just mailed in parts of the game.

Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seemed to me that the defense is sending a message to Denny Green, fix the damn offense. and that's all on the OL.

The defense and the offense feuding? Hopefully, there will be some full-out locker room brawls by the end of the season between the two units. Then the ground will be adequately prepared for the Jim Fassel era. It'll be like he never left the Giants.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denvers OLine coach is their OC, he's only been an OLine coach for 5 years. 20 years ago he was playing LB for the Broncos.

??

Denver's OC is Himendinger. I think when DCR refers to their OL coach, he mean Alex Gibbs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

??

I didn't think all the way through there. I meant that their running scheme has been working for the past 20 years.

Their OLine coach as their OC, and it actually works????

[Guiness guys] Brilliant [/Guiness]

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am a little surprised some people want Singletary. I don't think he is ready to be a HC in the NFL right now. I don't buy K9's comparing Singletary to Mac but he needs more seasoning as a coach and it would sure help if he was a coordinator...although that isn't the end of the world.

Ron Rivera is ready. He has climbed the coaching ranks. Dude will be a HC, the only question is where and when.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am a little surprised some people want Singletary. I don't think he is ready to be a HC in the NFL right now. I don't buy K9's comparing Singletary to Mac but he needs more seasoning as a coach and it would sure help if he was a coordinator...although that isn't the end of the world.

Ron Rivera is ready. He has climbed the coaching ranks. Dude will be a HC, the only question is where and when.

I don't think so. Lovie Smith runs that defense, and I think that everyone knows that. Rivera was a radio color guy five years ago. Suddenly he's ready? I'd rather have a guy that runs his own show on at least one side of the ball. Maybe eventually he'll be good, but I don't want to hand everything over to a guy who's never done anything for himself yet. He went from Quality Control to DC in a couple of years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. Lovie Smith runs that defense, and I think that everyone knows that. Rivera was a radio color guy five years ago. Suddenly he's ready? I'd rather have a guy that runs his own show on at least one side of the ball. Maybe eventually he'll be good, but I don't want to hand everything over to a guy who's never done anything for himself yet. He went from Quality Control to DC in a couple of years.

agree. it's one of the reasons I've always been so confused as to why Romeo Crenell got a job before Charlie Weis. Everyone knows that Bellichik is the defensive guru on the Pats. The same I believe goes for Lovie Smith.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Then he coached for the Bears, then he coached for the Eagles, then he came back to CHI as DC. Lovie actually runs everything and Rivera has added alot of wrinkles to the defense...at least according to what Lovie has said previously.

It's not like he was doing a radio gig and suddenly was a DC.

You crack me up...Rivera hasn't done anything for himself yet.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver's OC is Himendinger. I think when DCR refers to their OL coach, he mean Alex Gibbs.

Their OL coach is Dennison who as Zeno said was a LB. Gibbs coached him, then took the Atlanta job where I think he's a consultant. Heimerdinger is their assistant coach, Dennison is now officially their OC. But Shanahan is still very much in charge there and has a lot of input into playcalling.

One thing I read is that Heimerdinger is the guy fed up with Plummer, he came in wanting to make changes to their offense and simply decided Jake can't do what he wants to do. There were reports that if Jake played poorly again Sunday, they might give Cutler a couple of series in the next game. They won again, Jake played poorly again, so we'll see.

but Heimerdinger just took that job it's highly unlikely he's going to bolt after one year for our job unless he's DESPERATE to be the HC somewhere. I think he's the heir apparent to Shanahan.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Man am I glad that through out this entire thread that no one mentioned Pete Carroll. The idea of bringing in Carroll is a joke in my opinion!

Jim Fassell is the best choice...that is if he even gives the Bidwills the time of day.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just hold a contest to let a season ticket holder coach....not even joking.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think all the way through there. I meant that their running scheme has been working for the past 20 years.

Their OLine coach as their OC, and it actually works????

[Guiness guys] Brilliant [/Guiness]

But you have to realize Shanahan was one of the best OC's around, and Heimerdinger has been an OC at 2 different teams, so Dennison has 2 proven OC's above him to help. ANd yet their O stinks this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Then he coached for the Bears, then he coached for the Eagles, then he came back to CHI as DC. Lovie actually runs everything and Rivera has added alot of wrinkles to the defense...at least according to what Lovie has said previously.

It's not like he was doing a radio gig and suddenly was a DC.

You crack me up...Rivera hasn't done anything for himself yet.

A Philadelphia defense that hemmoraged yards on the ground? Jim Johnson's been there how long? How is Rivera not a motivator? Didn't he work with a group of veterans there?

The guy's only been working the sidelines for seven years, and has yet to oversee his own defense. You seriously want to hand the keys to this guy? Really?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hold a contest to let a season ticket holder coach....not even joking.

A contest has merit. I KNOW that I could do a better job with clock management than the Cardinals have done.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A contest has merit. I KNOW that I could do a better job with clock management than the Cardinals have done.
I just think it would be an awesome gimmick to always keep butts in the seats.

Hire a bunch of Awesome Co-Ordinators......split up the $2.5 they pay DG. Bidwills don't have to come out of anymore out of pocket.

Hold a contest at the beginning of the year....every 4 STs you have....you are entered into a Coach of the Week contest.

You just stand on the sidelines and do nothing.......

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I just think it would be an awesome gimmick to always keep butts in the seats.

Hire a bunch of Awesome Co-Ordinators......split up the $2.5 they pay DG. Bidwills don't have to come out of anymore out of pocket.

Hold a contest at the beginning of the year....every 4 STs you have....you are entered into a Coach of the Week contest.

You just stand on the sidelines and do nothing.......

Not quite. You have to stand on the sidelines and look frustrated for the first half and mad during the second half.

Each fan selected should get a commemerative Vince Tobin clip board.