Cards/Giants predictions

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
My two cents.
Offense - We'll need to rely on quick timing routes and our WRs speed to get an early lead. We need to take the G men out of run mode and force them to play catch up.

Defense - I wish we had all of our backers healthy some 3/4 would be a nice change up, instead I'm expecting some 5/2 and a heavy dose of Mr Wilson to contain their run game.

Special teams - THe G men clearly have the edge here. It'll be up to Our kickers to keep us out of trouble.

THe Difference - Turn overs. Weve got to be aggressive in our pass coverage
Arrington has to hang on.

Prediction - Rolle starts his run at the ROY trophy with an int and the Q returns to top form. We get an early jump and hold on to win 24 23

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Unbelievable!
The amount of pessimism in this thread. The general public is more pumped up about the Cards than the fans. Heres an idea! Lets all get a little excited! Our Cards chances are looking better than they have in a while.

Cards 34

Giants 20

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Giants 17

Cards 10

Cards have won only one away game in 2 years. O-Line still has problems. Plus they won't be able to stop Tiki from running the ball.

:(

I knew that the Cards would struggle seeing as this was an away game. Not to mention the problems we have on our O-Line. However the special teams breakdowns were a shock.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, I'm mad all right...this team has me steaming, no doubt about it...but I'll tell you what REALLY has me going...the bad mojo from this thread. Yeah, that's right. You didn't read wrong. I'm dead serious. SCREWING US FROM THE GET-GO WITH FRICKIN NEGATIVITY!!! You all know who you are. If you can't even have a little faith going into week one with an improved team, then, well, you don't deserve to have a winning team. They lived down to your expectations, all right. Thanks guys.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
I'll tell you what, I'm mad all right...this team has me steaming, no doubt about it...but I'll tell you what REALLY has me going...the bad mojo from this thread. Yeah, that's right. You didn't read wrong. I'm dead serious. SCREWING US FROM THE GET-GO WITH FRICKIN NEGATIVITY!!! You all know who you are. If you can't even have a little faith going into week one with an improved team, then, well, you don't deserve to have a winning team. They lived down to your expectations, all right. Thanks guys.

Don't be bitter because some of us were smart enough to pass on the Koolaid.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

Smart enough to pass on the koolaid. Really. You don't get it, do you? I'm mad at the team. Yes. But I seriously think we jinxed ourselves. I mean, if WE can't believe we'll be any good, why the hell should we be? Now, predict losses from here to kingdom come, but predicting blowouts in week one? Unacceptable. Predict a loss, fine. Predict a blowout? Unacceptable. Just brought bad mojo, man.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Stout said:
Smart enough to pass on the koolaid. Really. You don't get it, do you? I'm mad at the team. Yes. But I seriously think we jinxed ourselves. I mean, if WE can't believe we'll be any good, why the hell should we be? Now, predict losses from here to kingdom come, but predicting blowouts in week one? Unacceptable. Predict a loss, fine. Predict a blowout? Unacceptable. Just brought bad mojo, man.

Come on I dont believe in Jinxes, and I dont believe anything any of us do has anything to do with the outcome of a football game. My wife will not watch a game sitting next to me she either has to be up stairs watching the game or across the room. :shrug:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's not jinxes

it's mojo or energy, or intention. I get what Stout is saying, and to a degree, I agree with him.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I know that part of the bitterness that I feel is that if we had won, everyone would be celebrating. If someone called out the people that predicted a loss the response would be, "Hey, don't jump my back, I'm happy we won. I'm a Cardinals fan too."

Nothing really wrong about predicting a loss. No sense in pointing it out though.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I knew that the Cards would struggle seeing as this was an away game. Not to mention the problems we have on our O-Line. However the special teams breakdowns were a shock.

Agreed. You expected the interior O line to be shaky, but not the ST breakdowns. This defense is not living up to expectations either. This is not a very good team right now but they have 15 games to show improvement.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright the whole jinx this is a joke! Bad Mojo, Come on!

What I'm trying to point out is that fans need to step back an look at this team for what it is. People were predicting outrageous victories for the Cards. Even though they knew full well that:

1) The Cardinals still had serious O-Line issues
2) The Cardinals always struggle on the road
3) The Cardinals defense while good, still has problems stopping the run and TEs

I'll admit that the special teams breakdowns were a shock. Not sure what happened there but it was unacceptable. I blame that on coaching.

Now these same fans that bought into the preseason hype are jumping off the bandwagon already. It's one game! Our defense actually did play pretty well. When we get Alex back on our O-Line I think it will improve. All is not lost.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
When we get Alex back on our O-Line I think it will improve. All is not lost.
I'm very optimistic about this coming week with Step and Leckey back.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
I saw this team digressing as the preseason wore on, especially the defense. The offense never got it together. You only have to look at Denver to see what a false sense of confidence a 4-0 or 3-1 preseason will give you. Until the O line and running game get better, I don't see this team beating anyone.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Is Leckey cleared to play this next week? Will he play Center or Guard? I thought he was pretty good until he got hurt.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
Is Leckey cleared to play this next week? Will he play Center or Guard? I thought he was pretty good until he got hurt.
I like the idea of Leckey at center and Step at LG. Keep Brown at RG. He'll get much better as the season goes on if he's playing.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
You would bench Wells before Brown? Brown is the one that needs to sit. Put Step at Center and Leckey at RG. Or Step at RG if his hand is still bothering him. Put it in a cast and get him on the field. They can't afford another game like this last one.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
You would bench Wells before Brown? Brown is the one that needs to sit. Put Step at Center and Leckey at RG. Or Step at RG if his hand is still bothering him. Put it in a cast and get him on the field. They can't afford another game like this last one.
I think that you would be surprised at how much better Brown would look with a capable center next to him. I would put Step at guard, that was his position in college before his senior year. Run left.

We have an opportunity coming up with the Rams. We need to take advantage of it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that Wells and Brown will be fine. The center position is where we are hurting. We really need Alex back in there. Until then we will have problems on our O-Line.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Leckey is better than Brown. Everyone keeps saying how good Brown looks but I'm just not impressed. A few good plays now and followed by an entire game like he played yesterday doesn't mean he is good. Sure he's had a few good plays. He's had too many bad ones to be starting when a better player like Leckey is available. Play your best 5. Brown is not one of them, IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser