Cards' rolling field makes its first stadium entrance

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Obvously, the south end still needs some finish work and a giant Budweiser Red Zone graphic!! I suppose when it's done, it will look something like this -- once the "garage door" where the field slides in is closed.

You must be registered for see images

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
It is clearly a slow time for football news when we are obsessing about things like the "gap of doom" around the edge of the field and worry that it will be left that way when the stadium opens.

I just have a hard time beleiving that during the first game, a player is going to be running out of bounds and will fall into that thing -- leaving those in charge of the stadium to say

"y'know, I guess a four foot deep moat filled with broken glass and rusty nails surrounding the field wasnt one of our better ideas. Maybe we should cover that thing up."

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
en fuego said:
It is clearly a slow time for football news when we are obsessing about things like the "gap of doom" around the edge of the field and worry that it will be left that way when the stadium opens.

I just have a hard time beleiving that during the first game, a player is going to be running out of bounds and will fall into that thing -- leaving those in charge of the stadium to say

"y'know, I guess a four foot deep moat filled with broken glass and rusty nails surrounding the field wasnt one of our better ideas. Maybe we should cover that thing up."

:biglaugh:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
en fuego said:

Hella funny.

Yeah...I have to admit, that I am probably about as obsessed about this thing as anyone (I've collected around 1,200 pics of it so far)...but what's worse, is that I was just about as insane about Conseco Fieldhouse when it was getting built.

I need help...

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
Hella funny.

Yeah...I have to admit, that I am probably about as obsessed about this thing as anyone (I've collected around 1,200 pics of it so far)...but what's worse, is that I was just about as insane about Conseco Fieldhouse when it was getting built.

I need help...

:biglaugh:

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
just so I am not misunderstood --

I think the talk about the stadium/field is more a reflection of slow football news rather than any unhealthy obsession --

I know that I go straight to any thread titled "new stadium pictures" when I get on the board

I think its only spurred on by the fact that any person who has seen it in person comes away raving about it --

I cant wait for opening day

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
For those of you who are into this stuff, I just downloaded some nice, new pics of the exterior of the stadium last night.

There's a guy out there who posted a number of high-res pics last fall, and has followed them up with some great ones from a couple of weeks ago. Here's the link:

Webshots - Images of Arizona Cardinals Stadium, Glendale, Arizona

Make sure you click on the "View Full Size" to get the highest resolution pics...

:thumbup:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
For those of you who are into this stuff, I just downloaded some nice, new pics of the exterior of the stadium last night.

There's a guy out there who posted a number of high-res pics last fall, and has followed them up with some great ones from a couple of weeks ago. Here's the link:

Webshots - Images of Arizona Cardinals Stadium, Glendale, Arizona

Make sure you click on the "View Full Size" to get the highest resolution pics...

:thumbup:

Thanks Pantone!

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Still looks a little short to the padding that they will be adding at the ends of the field . . .

You must be registered for see images