Cards scouting Marcus Vick

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marcus Vick shouldn't declare. He definitely needs another year of college experience. Miami killed VT. If Texas & Alabama loses, Miami could be going against USC for the national championship. They looked good.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
az jam said:
Marcus Vick shouldn't declare. He definitely needs another year of college experience. Miami killed VT. If Texas & Alabama loses, Miami could be going against USC for the national championship. They looked good.

Not if Miami loses too...then Penn State jumps ahead of them in the BCS rankings :D

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
for some reason, I get worried about not taking him, as I watch Eli play.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
After last night, I doubt Vick will declare. He lost it in the most important game he's had at VT. No team is going to put big bucks on him at this point.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Came unglued under a major pass rush. That will go away with maturity so he probably needs another year to develop that maturity.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Now I just need Miami to lose the ACC title game, I need 'Bama to lose, and either UCLA to beat USC or Texas to lose the Big 12 title game. Then...muhahaha...Penn State sneaks in to the Rose Bowl once again :D

.... or the Fiesta Bowl redux. Miami/Penn State. :eek:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Go Canes

P.S. Va tech Plays dirty. Beamer coaches dirty. Classless.

The nerve! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Thats rich coming from a U of Miami fan!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Miami on the other hand has the total package. They are a botched field goal away from being undefeated and are only getting better with each game. The underclassmen who are in key positions are playing like upper classmen. That game just won the ACC recruiting war for Miami and the football predictors who were salivating over Va Tech, will be doing some elective memory cover stories now.

Go Canes

P.S. Va tech Plays dirty. Beamer coaches dirty. Classless.

They are hardly the total package. When you take 3 OT's to beat a bad Clemson team and play the likes of Duke, Temple, Clemson and UNC I would hardly start pumping your fist right now.

Appears to me the vaunted ACC has turned out to be pretty dam weak this year. Florida State is easly beatable (as witnessed yesterday) VaTech was exposed, Georgia Tech isnt that good either (although I am sure they will give the Canes a run for their money :D ) and then you have the creampuffs like UNC, NC State, Duke, Virginia, etc...

Miami could very well win the ACC now, and should, but they will get beat if they play a real top 5 team in a bowl. (a la Texas, USC, Notre Dame, hell I thin, Penn State at happy valley may be better)

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
The nerve! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Thats rich coming from a U of Miami fan!

So what dirty plays and grandstanding did you see from Miami last night?? :shrug: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are hardly the total package. When you take 3 OT's to beat a bad Clemson team and play the likes of Duke, Temple, Clemson and UNC I would hardly start pumping your fist right now.

Clemson is not a bad team. They have to play Duke. UNC who was pummeled by Miami in spite of Wilma's left overs, is a good team that beat Boston College's ass yesterday. Temple was a gift and Miami layed 30 1st quarter points on them and then played the scout team the rest of the way. Coker has a ton of respect for Temple's coach , Bobby Wallace , who will be retiring after this season. Unlike Arizona State, who decided to make a point by beating them 62-7.

Miami had a long term leftover commitment to play Temple from the old Big East. The other Big East Teams dumped Temple when they were given the boot from the Big East. Miami AD gave Temple a home game to make some money for them as a draw and a TV payday. It was a good exchange which Temple appreciated as their athletic dep't. is in the red big time. Miami knew they wouldn't get a boost fron the voters by beating Temple into submission. But then , of course, you have that stereotype locked on Miami.

Of course you wouldn't pump your fist for Miami. You hate them.

BTW. The AP just ranked Miami #3 behind USC and Texas. They must be bad.

You have some bad taste for Miami, as is obvious. Miami will go 10-1, but of course they will do it with mirrors. :sarcasm:

P.S. Texas beat Baylor 62-0 yesterday. Baylor is Temple South west.

USC beat Hawaii 63 -17. That rough and tough Hawaii team.

Va Tech played Duke 45 -0, U of Ohio 45-0.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Clemson is not a bad team. They have to play Duke. UNC who was pummeled by Miami in spite of Wilma's left overs, is a good team that beat Boston College's ass yesterday. Temple was a gift and Miami layed 30 1st quarter points on them and then played the scout team the rest of the way. Coker has a ton of respect for Temple's coach , Bobby Wallace , who will be retiring after this season. Unlike Arizona State, who decided to make a point by beating them 62-7.

Miami had a long term leftover commitment to play Temple from the old Big East. The other Big East Teams dumped Temple when they were given the boot from the Big East. Miami AD gave Temple a home game to make some money for them as a draw and a TV payday. It was a good exchange which Temple appreciated as their athletic dep't. is in the red big time. Miami knew they wouldn't get a boost fron the voters by beating Temple into submission. But then , of course, you have that stereotype locked on Miami.

Of course you wouldn't pump your fist for Miami. You hate them.

BTW. The AP just ranked Miami #3 behind USC and Texas. They must be bad.

You have some bad taste for Miami, as is obvious. Miami will go 10-1, but of course they will do it with mirrors. :sarcasm:

P.S. Texas beat Baylor 62-0 yesterday. Baylor is Temple South west.

USC beat Hawaii 63 -17. That rough and tough Hawaii team.

Va Tech played Duke 45 -0, U of Ohio 45-0.
I dont hate Miami, but if thats what you want to believe. Its rich coming from a U of Miami fan because Miami is a notorious "thug" school who tries to start fights in the tunnel prior to games. (among other infractions) But it is ok since it didnt happen yesterday! :sarcasm:

All I am saying is the ACC isnt as good as I thought they would be. Clemson is bad, as witnessed by the defeat they took at the hands of wake forest last week. BC was always overrated and should have lost two games they won in the last second.

You must be blinded by what has to be the now "worst uniforms in college football" :shrug:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az jam said:
Bickley & MJ also said one of the reasons that the Cards are iinterested in Marcus Vick is for the name recognition. With the new stadium opeining next year they want to create a so called "buzz" with the fan base. Have a player that fans could get excited about. Michael has certainly done that in Atlanta.

Well, that will last about a game or two. :rolleyes:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I dont hate Miami, but if thats what you want to believe. Its rich coming from a U of Miami fan because Miami is a notorious "thug" school who tries to start fights in the tunnel prior to games. (among other infractions) But it is ok since it didnt happen yesterday! :sarcasm:

All I am saying is the ACC isnt as good as I thought they would be. Clemson is bad, as witnessed by the defeat they took at the hands of wake forest last week. BC was always overrated and should have lost two games they won in the last second.

You must be blinded by what has to be the now "worst uniforms in college football" :shrug:

Do you really like college football at all? Do you understand it? Come on who's your team. Who is your best conference choice?

Its rich coming from a U of Miami fan because Miami is a notorious "thug" school who tries to start fights in the tunnel prior to games.

What does that mean? How does any team start a fight in a tunnel, since they come out on opposite sides of the field in any stadium? If you are going to trash this year's team, try something current. What do thugs from 15 years ago have to do with this team?

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Do you really like college football at all? Do you understand it? Come on who's your team. Who is your best conference choice?

What does that mean? How does any team start a fight in a tunnel, since they come out on opposite sides of the field in any stadium? If you are going to trash this year's team, try something current. What do thugs from 15 years ago have to do with this team?

15 years ago? :biglaugh: You are funny. Try this headline on for size "Miami's top recruit surrenders to Fl warrant" Feb 13th or this one "Miami DB charged with Battery" July 13th 2004, or how about McDougale charged with resisiting arrest" July 2003, or "Packers Davenport gets into load of trouble for breaking into a dorm room and..." Do I need to go on?

And no I dont understand college football at all....but thanks for asking! :rolleyes:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I took Miami Saturday night but it was more of a case of Vtech(and Vick) being overrated.Miami is good but they are definitely beatable especially with Moss now out for the year. Will they play FSU again in the ACC championship game? Ohio State is playing pretty well again.I have to give them credit even though i can't stand Tressel or Troy Smith.Ted Ginn has finally shown up again.I would love for them to play Miami again a bowl game.That would un-doubtedly be an OSU victory.The talk i've heard is that if OSU and ND win out that they could meet in Fiesta bowl.That would be 3 years in a row for OSU to visit you guys in Arizona.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
I took Miami Saturday night but it was more of a case of Vtech(and Vick) being overrated.Miami is good but they are definitely beatable especially with Moss now out for the year. Will they play FSU again in the ACC championship game? Ohio State is playing pretty well again.I have to give them credit even though i can't stand Tressel or Troy Smith.Ted Ginn has finally shown up again.I would love for them to play Miami again a bowl game.That would un-doubtedly be an OSU victory.The talk i've heard is that if OSU and ND win out that they could meet in Fiesta bowl.That would be 3 years in a row for OSU to visit you guys in Arizona.

Va tech was over rated. Miami was under rated, except by the pollsters. Losing Moss won't hurt them. #1 Moss can't blitz block and is one of the big reasons Wright gets beat up. Miami has 4 backs in the barn, that actually are better all around backs. Moss is a bruiser with warts. The offense will now open up more.

FSU lost the game but locked up the Conference palyoff spot Saturday. Ohio State is palying huge right now. Top 4 for sure. Better than Penn State, Alabama and maybe USC.

Ohio State/Miami rematch would be the best BCS game out there. Rematch would get so hyped.

Curious, what's wromg with Troy Smith? I know hardly anything about him. :shrug:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Ohio State is palying huge right now. Top 4 for sure. Better than Penn State, Alabama and maybe USC.

Um, no? Ohio State has 2 losses, which is one more than Penn State and two more than 'Bama and USC. Penn State also beat Ohio State head-to-head. Oh, and Ohio State took a while before they could lay the smack-down on little old Illinois, while Penn State was whooping up on vaunted Wisconsin 21-0 by halftime. Ohio State has bounced back, no question, but top 4 they are not.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Stout said:
Um, no? Ohio State has 2 losses, which is one more than Penn State and two more than 'Bama and USC. Penn State also beat Ohio State head-to-head. Oh, and Ohio State took a while before they could lay the smack-down on little old Illinois, while Penn State was whooping up on vaunted Wisconsin 21-0 by halftime. Ohio State has bounced back, no question, but top 4 they are not.

Ohio State would be favored to beat both Bama and PSU.Also, since when is Wisconsin vaunted? Psu was a 13 point favorite.

As for Troy Smith, he has been playing better lately but he cost them the game against Penn State because he's such a bad passer.He's alot like Marcus Vick.They do well against the mediocre teams but will struggle against the good defenses.The only reason Smith is starting is because Tressel doesn't want the recruiting pipeline from Cleveland Glenville High School.That is where Smith is from along with Ginn, Donte' Whitner,Jamario O'neal(you'll hear about him in the future) and about 3 other top prospect currently on the roster. Plus that high school is yealry loaded and they have about 3-6 more guys that will be coming to OSU next year. Justin Zwick is a much better passer then Smith and the WR's are OSU best weapons but they are hard to utilize with Smith at the helm.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Marcus Vick wasn't exactly missing wide open WRs, a la Josh McCown. His guys were blanketed by Miami's outstanding corners. Hard to blame a guy for having a bad passing game when he didn't have anyone to throw to the whole night.

VTech's defense just didn't make any plays Saturday night, and that's what killed the Hokies. They couldn't get any momentum going. Big ups to the 'Canes. They came prepared for that game and didn't get intimidated.

Marcus Vick will be a Pro Bowl QB like his brother. Anyone who doesn't think that Marcus can operate from the pocket, or is already a better passer than his brother has blinders on.

And, Snakester, I already refuted the LT argument. The W/L recrod for each team says enough, but look no further than ticket sales and playoff appearances for who's performed better for their squad. Get out of town. Michael Vick may not play QB the way that you want to see the position played, but he's a star in this league, and will be a superstar for another 10 years. He'll have at least one Super Bowl before all is said and done, and the "his style of play keeps getting him injured" arguement is really, really tired at this point.