Cards Sign James Signs to 4 Year Deal

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
vinnymac said:
this could have a huge impact on more top fa to want to come to az. peterson or arrington might be interrested in coming to arizona. one good thing will lead to another.

wont have the money for either

Diggity

Registered
Reaction score
Shane H said:
If thats the case we are pretty much done in FA then. Thats almost 14 mill between him and Clancy also add in Brown. Considering we only had about 18 mill to spend according to Joe. Dissapointing and exciting.

I don't think we're done.. You might see some cuts in the next couple of weeks to free up some money..
I look for Hodgins, Shipp, Jackson to be cut that comes close to 3 Million in salary. And if they redo Bigs Contract now that they have someone exciting to block for. You could look at another 3 Million.. I don't believe the Cards are done yet

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN just said 4 years 30 million 7 million SB and 4.4 million Roster Bonus?
...plus - no doubt - the left cojone of each and every member of the Cardinal negotiating team.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy crap. Am I dreaming?

I return from an outing with the family to this? This is friggn amazing. I'm seriously stunned.

I have to think there have been assurances that the oline will be much better. If Edge believes it, I believe it.

Pass the kool aid, my friends. Drink deep.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GOOD GOD< I CAN"T BELIEVE IT>

P.A. ANnouncer......

"AT RUNNING BACK FROM MIAMI, #32 , EDGERRIN JAMES.

Read it again.

"AT RUNNING BACK FROM MIAMI, #32 , EDGERRIN JAMES.

Micheal, Rod and Denny, Thank You for bringing us up to an NFL Team.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Cap hit this year $1.75 mil bonus ($7 mil/4year) + $4.5 mil rostar bonus + $3.25 mil. salary = $9.5 mil. cap hit this year, right???? Oh, by the way.......
YEEESSSSS!!!!!
:fans:

:thewave:

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

:bday: :cheers: :notworthy :thumbup:

:thud:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Clayton on now.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
I am in shock over this deal. i just knew we would end up the bridesmaid again. This is so great to see them go after and get this kind of player.

NHEIB84

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow, is all I can say. I really didn't think this would happen. Props to the Cardinal organization!

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think what is lost in all of this is not that he can run the ball, catch the ball and so on. But he is an excellent blocker to keep Warner safe. One of the better pass blocking RB's in the league IMO.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
What a great day to be a Cardinal fan.. I think it's fair to say this is the best signing in Arizona Cardinal franchise history. This isn't a situation of the team signing Emmitt Smith past his prime (when no one else wanted him). With Alexander off the blocks, James was the premier HB on the market. He's just beginning to reach his prime and will fit right in with the Cardinal offense.

I love it! I never thought I'd see the day, but the Cards are the toast of the NFL.