Cards Sign Veteran OL Liwienski, Add QB Boyd to Practice Squad

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
please illuminate us... oh, wise one...

I watched every game that the NFL network aired this NFLE season. I thought Boyd was horrible. He has a cannon of an arm, but can't hit water from a boat. The Cards should have picked up Hamden when the Seahawks released him. He is a MUCH better QB then Boyd.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Duetto said:
I watched every game that the NFL network aired this NFLE season. I thought Boyd was horrible. He has a cannon of an arm, but can't hit water from a boat. The Cards should have picked up Hamden when the Seahawks released him. He is a MUCH better QB then Boyd.

The point is that he is a very godd candidate for the PS. He has a good arm and good legs to keep the D awake and the Cards can try him out at different positions such as WR with out losing any snaps because Boyd is not on the active roster. Also, time on the PS gives Boyd snaps so that the coaches can look at his ability, he doesn't need to worry about being the #3 right now. He didn't get many snaps in college and this is a good opportunity for him.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duetto said:

Well, given that Hamdan was cut by the 49ers, I think I'll pass on your assessment for now.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Duetto said:

What game were you watching when Boyd played against the Cardinals? His receivers were dropping passes right on their hands (how about the perfect rollout he made on 3rd and 8 where he sqaured up and hit his TE 16 yards up the left seam right at the numbers and the TE dropped the pass?)...yes, he forced a couple of passes into tight coverage toward the end...but up until that point virtually all of his passes were crisp and accurate AND he was scampering out of pressure for key 3rd down conversions.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
My mom was an English teacher for about 15 years and I had proper english drilled into my head growing up. Vinny has been posting on here for a while and is often in the chats as well. He is always upfront about his his spelling and grammatical shortcomings. If one is honest about it I always cut them lots of slack. As long as someone can put together a coherent statement that is good enough for me. I try and overlook the grammatical and spelling mistakes. Plus I like to talk country sometimes for grins too. Being able to laugh and crack jokes is crucial to being a Cards fan.:D ;)

Well put! Seems like I'm not the only one who notices. I don't want him to stop posting just because the sentences read poorly, they're still good posts. If English is not someone's first language, I can certainly understand the difficulty of learning to write syntactically correct statements in a foreign language. I would make twenty make that fifty times the mistakes if I were trying to post in Spanish for example.

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Mitch said:
What game were you watching when Boyd played against the Cardinals? His receivers were dropping passes right on their hands (how about the perfect rollout he made on 3rd and 8 where he sqaured up and hit his TE 16 yards up the left seam right at the numbers and the TE dropped the pass?)...yes, he forced a couple of passes into tight coverage toward the end...but up until that point virtually all of his passes were crisp and accurate AND he was scampering out of pressure for key 3rd down conversions.

I agree Mitch, he did play relatively well against us..... But if you look at his "work", as in NFLE, where he got lots of P/T, he was not very good, in fact he was horrible. I honestly watched a ton of NFLE. The guy can run and he is BIG and he may have a strong arm, BUT he will kill you with ints!!!! Here are some of his NFLE stats

Boyd 185 att, 100 comp, 54.1%, 5 tds, 11 INTS!!!!, 57 P/R

Not real good.......

If you see him as a project for say WR, as some have stated; well maybe... but a QB running out of the backfield while DB's are scattered chasing WR's is very different then running a post or slant over the middle!!

Crazy Canuck,

I have no idea why the Seahawks passed on Hamdan or why the 49's released him and put him on there P.S. He is a pocket passer with amazing touch and has a great arm. He was far better then any QB in NFLE, not saying a whole lot, but it is football and our beloved Boyd played along side him. Here are his stats:

Hamdan: 162 att, 102 comp, 63%, 12 TDS, 3 INTS, 113.4 P/R

I don't see the point in picking up Boyd, he is not a good QB and he is a huge project if he is thought of as a WR. I would have taken Hamdan.....

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Redmark said:
I welcome all Card fans and vinny makes good points but his poor typing or English skills detract from his statements. It was only meant constructively and I apologize if I've offended anyone. I often notice mistakes in my own posts and try to edit them before they've genertated too much ridicule.

i take no offense to your remarks. sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers can type. i always take stand if grammer and spelling is the only thing with my post than you must agree with what i am saying.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duetto said:
Crazy Canuck,

I have no idea why the Seahawks passed on Hamdan or why the 49's released him and put him on there P.S. He is a pocket passer with amazing touch and has a great arm. He was far better then any QB in NFLE, not saying a whole lot, but it is football and our beloved Boyd played along side him. Here are his stats:

Hamdan: 162 att, 102 comp, 63%, 12 TDS, 3 INTS, 113.4 P/R

I don't see the point in picking up Boyd, he is not a good QB and he is a huge project if he is thought of as a WR. I would have taken Hamdan.....

Well, the numbers back you up... ;)

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
vinnymac said:
i take no offense to your remarks. sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers can type. i always take stand if grammer and spelling is the only thing with my post than you must agree with what i am saying.

:thumbup: Cool!

I think I did I agree at the time but now can't remember the post. My problem is I'm getting senile as well as irritable. As an examble, I can't for the life of me remember the last name of the NBA's 2-time MVP who plays for the Suns and is one of my favorite basketball players, first name is Steve ... ah after 5 hours it just came to me "NASH"!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duetto said:

We couldn't because SF picked up Hamdan and since they had a worse record last year, they had first pick over us on the waiver wire.

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
I'd like to know if we even tried.... I know that when more then one team puts in a request for a player the team with less wins is awarded the player.... did we even try?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
grammer whvt is you talked about. As long as them post quality, typos and stuff shoundn't nevr be being a problem/ :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05